Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Where does this end?

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
The family and I were just talking the other day on how different upbringing has changed from when I grew up. From what I see, parents now are of the mindset to give the kids whatever to shut them up and keep them away from bothering them. No more are the parents putting in the work for structure, actual play time, family dinner, and exercise. When I was growing up and put some weight on, my parents put me in the martial Arts, soccer, and a DIET! Imagine that, no sugar and sweets and other crap. My parents of that time did what they could and didn’t make excuses. Plus both my parents worked, so the Me gen, and Z gen that say they don’t have enough time is actually a load of poop. They have time, they are just addicted to social media and don’t want to do things differently and change. So needless to say, unless the dynamic changes with people and the family structure and parenting. We’re doomed.
This reminds me of my wife. She’s only two years younger than me and we have almost all the same views on things but when our kids were young she would let them eat till they were full. She would make dinner and feed the kids first. By time she sat down my son would be saying, is there more? My wife would slide over her plate and not eat at all! It made me so fucking mad! We used to always fight about the kids and now that they are all grown we never fight anymore. Imagine that. But both our oldest daughter and son are overweight. Oldest daughter is very overweight. And I blame my wife for it. But will never say it to her face. She would argue that, I’m not gonna have my kids hungry. Like she was a poor and starving kid herself or something which she wasn’t! Both of our parents would make us eat or vegetables but did we make our kids eat there vegetables. Fuck no! Wasting food. Learning no appreciation for the value of money. We would fight about that too. Drove me nuts. Luckily my youngest didn’t eat much and was a picky eater. She’s skinny. Lol. Definitely the obesity problem is do to bad parenting. Whether it’s teaching them bad behaviors or spoiling them. Both are bad and your not doing your children any favors.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic