Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Where does this end?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Why is America have so many mental Ill in comparison to the rest of the world? Whats making us crazy? What are we doing differently? Btw, I totally agree with you. It's a real problem not only with food, but also violence.

Just like to add that Culture plays a big part too. We tend to have this mentality that more is better. That the bigger it is, the better. If you go anywhere in the world, in particular Europe you will see that there food portions sizes are much smaller then they are here in the states. Also we have fast food on every street corner. Over in Europe you might have to walk a few blocks to reach a Mickey ds. We Americans love our food.
It is how we raise our children compared to the rest of the world. We have much higher rates of abuse; physical, mental and sexual amongst children. Half of those who are obese as adults were abused as children. Many victims of sexual assault and rape prefer to be obese, because they feel no one will do that to them again if they look like that. Some that lose the weight will gain it right back as soon as they start receiving unwanted attention from men. Men who were beat up and bullied as children have no problem being big and fat, because they feel it offers them a level of protection.

We also have much higher rates of child abandonment, physically and emotionally. Mothers do not attune to their children as well, because they either choose to or are forced to go back to work too quickly, causing behavioral issues. More than 80% of criminals in the prison system reported to being physically or emotionally abandoned when they were children.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Most of this is created to cause separation like the Offspring said “you gotta keep them. separated

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
My wife and I went to Florida a couple years ago near the end of covid. We were on the plane and a fatty sat next to her on the aisle seat. He lifted the arm rest between her and him. She nudged me and I saw his lard spilling into her seat space and she was crammed up beside me so they would not be touching. I reached over and pushed the arm rest down. The fatty looked over and said something like that hurts me and she is skinny, I was neither listening well or sympathetic. I said she paid for her whole seat and does not need a stranger all up in her space. So I swapped seats with her and took the armrest pushing his fat back. He never said another word but I am pretty sure he took a pic of me "defending" the armrest and my space.

Big pharma wants fattys! More drugs they can sell for hypertension, type 2 diabetes, cancer...ect because being fat increases all of these.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Doesn’t the government subsidize airlines and bail them out whenever they need it, making them immune to normal free market incentives to improve their services?

My experience with the airlines and airline workers is that they could care less about pleasing their customers. Whether is be rudeness, losing your luggage, keeping to their schedules, or whatever.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Doesn’t the government subsidize airlines and bail them out whenever they need it, making them immune to normal free market incentives to improve their services?

My experience with the airlines and airline workers is that they could care less about pleasing their customers. Whether is be rudeness, losing your luggage, keeping to their schedules, or whatever.
That is why every time I encounter a problem with the airline, I always make a complaint. I have probably received 5k in airline vouchers over the last few years for delays causing me to miss flights and delayed luggage.

Additionally, every time they delay my flight, I go to customer service and get a food voucher then I go back to the gate and announce to everyone on the flight that customer service is required to give them a voucher for food if delayed more than a couple hours. Most do not travel enough to know that. I can guarantee the airlines hate me when 50 people roll up to get their food vouchers.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Honestly, this would be a win for regular sized peeps IMO. It'd be swell if they made the shitty cheap assed AIRLINES put 4" back into economy seating. Gotta look for the silver lining (you grumpy old men) :)

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
It's sad where our society is going and it's progressively getting worse. People have become so lazy and unmotivated. Basically a cesspool of mental toxicity. We live in a click-button society where everything is at your fingertips. If you need some information, click a button. If you need to purchase something, click a button. Hungry and feel like eating 5 bags of cheetos, click a button. Got so fat you need meds to keep your health in check, click a button. There is no longer a reason for anyone to leave their house anymore, much less exercise. People have become lazy slobs and instead of doing something about it, they complain and whine until society bends itself around them. Going out in public now vs. when I was a kid is like night and day. There are so many obese people everywhere. It's the norm now. They put in a health food place in one of the shopping centers near my house. It's nice, they have different meal prep style menus and healthy options to run in and grab something quick to eat. You'll see maybe 3-4 vehicles in the parking lot at any given time. But, Taco Bell in the same parking lot... Drive through line around the corner every damn second of the day and night. Sad.

Last edited:
Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
^^ Well I think most of us here are bucking the trend. I think 1/2 of us are growing a garden in the summer and can actually fix the roof of the house if a tree branch damages it. But we are older men and not sure much of this transferred. My son is a truck-a-terrian unfortunately. I was so proud of him, then he changed with the liberal culture of Boston and the friends he took. Well, at least he works his ass off. At least that stuck. Maybe it's our problem, that we have seen what is to come. once you see it, it can't be unseen as the messaging and lies poor in day by day. the again it doesn't seem to matter if you see because there is nothing to be done about it other than prepare yourself as best you can for your small circle of family and friends. but hey, a nuclear blast 30 miles away is really not something that can be prepared for for the most part. Now scuse me. I have to get to work to pay down my debt.

Mainelymoshe

Mainelymoshe

Apr 12, 2023
If a fat person needs 2 or 3 seats to fly then they can pay for 2 or 3 seats.
It shouldn’t be the airline’s problem to accommodate a person’s choice to be handicapped. Being that overweight is a choice. Not any sort of endocrine disorder or medical problem can account for that degree of obesity. It’s a choice they made and continue to make. Mental illness also cannot be blamed. I have PTSD, been depressed, struggle with anxiety, history of substance abuse, etc., but I still made the choice to eat too much or drink too much or not exercise enough, or too much. Just like I made the choice to stop drinking and lose 60 lbs. I made a choice to get healthy. The only variable that has any added responsibility is society’s growing acceptance. In a previous post it was mentioned that nearly everyone he saw shopping was overweight or obese. It’s easy to become complacent and accepting of obesity if everyone else is. Now, the numbers of those obese nationwide have grown exponentially to a degree that accommodations have to be made. What used to be a small percentage is now a majority. To make matters worse this trend of inclusiveness makes their choice to be obese that much more acceptable. At the end of the day I could give less of a shit what someone else chooses to do as long as their choices don’t impact me. I shouldn’t have to bear the weight of their problems and neither should any of you. I just read my post and there’s a bunch of puns in there.

Mainelymoshe

Mainelymoshe

Apr 12, 2023
If they can’t fit in economy seat then they gonna have to pay for 1st class. End of story. There’s a weight limit for airplanes. If every economy seat had a plus sized person in it it wouldn’t be safe to fly that plane.
I’m imagining a 300+lb person in every seat jammed in with added seatbelt extenders and armrests buried into their dimply sides all fighting over fresh air vents and extra bags of airline nuts as the plane pitches violently and the pilot fights to keep altitude.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic