Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

What is a good all-purpose sports shoe?

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
Honestly I'd wear super cushiony removeable pad New Balance all day.

Thing is when you lift with them on the padding gets flattened fast. I always remove my shoes when squatting and they still flatted in a month or so. Super comfy until the pad goes flat though. Walking on sunshine. Dog walks, exercise or daily life.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
This shoe caught my attention

https://theinvincibleshoe.com/

otherwise I just bought a pair of Cole Hann universal shoes from DSW for $70.
Interesting shoe, like the steel toe but with traditional steel to work boots or shoes it's usually some thick leather protecting the rest of your foot. That was just observation. Looks light weight, can't tell if they're unique looks or looks only a mother would love but I would probably try it when in market

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Got a bone spur in my ankle, New Balance are one of the only sneakers that make walking not hurt.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Bro, try Hoka. They are not the best looking sneaker but damn they are comfy. Went to the podiatrist and he recommended.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I wear flip flops until it snows (or hey dudes if I need my toes covered). My feet are used to little or no support so my athletic shoes are minimalist as well. New Balance Minimus or Xeroshoes are both fantastic for training and all day comfort.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Neo-Nazis declared New Balance as the official shoe for white people because of the "N" emblem
on each shoe. So, naturally that's what I wear...LOL...

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I'm partial to Brooks. I used to get Brooks Beast, but lately I've switched to Brooks Glycerin. The Glycerins have more padding and are good for heavier weighlifters and squatting/presses. I first started with Brooks after a podiatrist recommended them due to my size and weightlifting after Ihad horrible plantar fascitis problems. They went away and haven't come back.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I'm partial to Brooks. I used to get Brooks Beast, but lately I've switched to Brooks Glycerin. The Glycerins have more padding and are good for heavier weighlifters and squatting/presses. I first started with Brooks after a podiatrist recommended them due to my size and weightlifting after Ihad horrible plantar fascitis problems. They went away and haven't come back.
Both are great shoes for different pronators. Beast are the full motion control shoes, so if you are heavy overpronator I would go with them. Glycerin is more in the middle of the road stability shoe and is pretty great for most people.

Sorry @MR. BMJ I was travelling when you posted this and missed the notification. You could stick with Brooks and go with Glycerin or Adrenaline depending on your needs. You also have the Beast if you need the additional support.

You could also go the minimal route like Mike suggested. I cannot say enough great things about the Xeros. I own two pairs and they are my everything shoes, gym, running, walking, hiking, fishing, around the house, etc... Unlike most minimal shoes, they are wide, so you can just order your regular size and they will fit like a wide shoe.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic