Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Both are great shoes for different pronators. Beast are the full motion control shoes, so if you are heavy overpronator I would go with them. Glycerin is more in the middle of the road stability shoe and is pretty great for most people.

Sorry @MR. BMJ I was travelling when you posted this and missed the notification. You could stick with Brooks and go with Glycerin or Adrenaline depending on your needs. You also have the Beast if you need the additional support.

You could also go the minimal route like Mike suggested. I cannot say enough great things about the Xeros. I own two pairs and they are my everything shoes, gym, running, walking, hiking, fishing, around the house, etc... Unlike most minimal shoes, they are wide, so you can just order your regular size and they will fit like a wide shoe.
What style of Xeroshoes do you guys like or use? I like the wide shoe fit for sure because myu little toe curves inward, and I get a damn callus on it that hurts until I cut the skin off. My Chuck's are the worse for it, as are a few other brands, so I wear them only as needed. The Brooks I had were nice for this as well.

@Mike_RN @genetic freak

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
What style of Xeroshoes do you guys like or use? I like the wide shoe fit for sure because myu little toe curves inward, and I get a damn callus on it that hurts until I cut the skin off. My Chuck's are the worse for it, as are a few other brands, so I wear them only as needed. The Brooks I had were nice for this as well.

@Mike_RN @genetic freak
I have the Prio and HFS. The only difference is the HFS has a little more aggressive tread. I didn't buy it for the tread though, I wanted a neutral color to wear with slacks and the Prio only had bright colors.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
My wife and both wear Brooks, however NuBalance is a god shoe too. I have terrible flat feet so I have to spend a little extra on shoes. When I was a coach I got 1-2 pair of free shoes every year and still wear Nike and Addidas. The Brooks are much more comfortable.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I have the Prio and HFS. The only difference is the HFS has a little more aggressive tread. I didn't buy it for the tread though, I wanted a neutral color to wear with slacks and the Prio only had bright colors.
and @Mike_RN

Thanks, I pulled the trigger on the Prio black and white ones. It'll match most of what I wear. Also, the dark color is good so that it doesn't get grass stains on it from being out on the fields. I like the wide foot in the toes, as for my reasoning above. Will report back on how they feel:cool: The stores out here where I live suck balls on what they carry in stock (on all shoes), so I went with Amazon.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
My wife and both wear Brooks, however NuBalance is a god shoe too. I have terrible flat feet so I have to spend a little extra on shoes. When I was a coach I got 1-2 pair of free shoes every year and still wear Nike and Addidas. The Brooks are much more comfortable.
Yea, Brooks and NB are comfortable shoes! My Brooks that I have now held up forever, but they are on their last limb, lol. New Balance has been around forever now.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Yea, Brooks and NB are comfortable shoes! My Brooks that I have now held up forever, but they are on their last limb, lol. New Balance has been around forever now.
I also like how the Brooks web site has a feature to help you decide what show you need. Since I have flat feet and have a tendency to get plantar facitis Ihave to be very careful with what I buy. Unfortunately that means I am going to pay a premium price. But yes, my Brooks last a long time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic