Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Ventrogluteal Injection site

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
wow this is a little scary should i use 1 inch needle or 1 1/2 thanks.

Most go with 1' but I do know guys that have used 1 1/2 if they're much meatier guys.My preference is 1'.

A

Assbrown

Oct 11, 2011
hey guys just did it today, painless. Wow. So can we do long acting esters on this part as well?

cool i just read that you can. Thanks guy. Did not hurt at all. Yey

Last edited:
C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
definitely dont massage after IM injection. pressure on the injection site helps prevent it from following the needle tract out and also applies pressure to any little vessels that might have been hit therefore decreasing bruising and swelling associated with it.

i wouldnt massage a SQ injection. we use the SQ route all the time in animals and never ever do i massage it. once again slight pressure at the injection site to prevent leakage but not necessary to massage.

to prevent leakage you should be doing a Z-Track injection whenever possible.

The Z-track injection technique will reduce leakage of medication or blood through subcutaneous tissue. This assures the full dosage of medication is received by the patient. With the Z-track technique, you displace the tissue (skin and subQ layer) about one inch with your non-dominant hand, insert the needle, push the medication slowly, after pushing meds wait about 5 seconds then withdraw the needle and immediately release the displaced tissue . Once the needle’s withdrawn, the tissue is restored to its normal position leaving the drug inside the muscle and preventing leakage.

ZTrackingTechnique.jpg

ztrack1.jpg

B

BossK

Mar 5, 2012
This site is my favorite. If you are shooting a ton of gear you can easily put 3ml in your ventroglute. It is fairly painless and even if your shooting something painful like prop you will not have the pain associated with hitting your quad or delt.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Does anyone else have hard time finding the spot on say the left side? I can get the right side no problem. Weird... I've used a 1.5 inch 23 gauge no problem for this.

S

stb1041

Jun 26, 2012
The description posted is to aid someone who is administering the injection to another person.

If you are self administering the injection (which most here are), it gives you an idea, but you can't follow it exactly. I'd like to see anyone place their own palm on their own greater trochanter and point their index finger to their ASIS (Anterior Superior Iliac Spine - proper name), with their thumb pointed toward the front of their leg. You'd have to be extremely flexible to manage that! LOL!

If you are doing it yourself, I'd say place your thumb on the front of the ASIS (Anterior Superior Iliac Spine) and your forefinger on the greater trochanter (you can feel this if you rotate your foot in and out - it feels like it's "popping" in and out there on your hip), the meaty spot between the base of your index finger and thumb is the ventrogluteal.

This pic is not how I described it. It is how JackD described it, but it helps to illustrate the intended area.

fyhmaw.jpg

When I have my hand in the position that you described, and i turn my foot in and out, I feel a muscle flexing by my hand. Is that the ventro glute?

J

Jada

Aug 10, 2012
great sticky ! i always wanted to c where ventro is located now i just need to find it on my self:ar!

K

kloan

Oct 8, 2012
2" down from the bottom of your hipbone (where it indents). You can also extend your leg straight out forward and see the muscle stick out, inject at the top of that, down about 1/2-1" from the very top of the muscle. Easy peasy.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
2" down from the bottom of your hipbone (where it indents). You can also extend your leg straight out forward and see the muscle stick out, inject at the top of that, down about 1/2-1" from the very top of the muscle. Easy peasy.

I can't figure it out I've watched and read everything I can on this site and just can't tell where the hell it is... lol

Sandpig

Sandpig

MuscleHead
Jul 13, 2012
I've been using this spot for a few weeks now. By far my favorite.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic