TableEffit
What's New?

Turbolag's Back Surgery And Recovery Log

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Update 5 Days After Surgery

Sciatica pain has been pretty uncomfortable since the 4th day post op and starting th 5th day today.

They told me the nerve is gonna be irritated for a while.

As long as I lay down, or sit down it isn't bad. Standing up makes it hurt and make any sudden turns or head movements.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I take the muscle relaxers as needed for the back, they really help reduce the swelling. I never take pain killers for my back, I don't want to mask the pain and make it worse.
good luck, LG will be riding you from behind again in no time.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
good luck TF...

When you get back to lifting.. don't feel bad about your numbers... they were already low to begin with =))

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Good to hear you are improving day to day, I guess the sleepiness is to be expected.

Plus I always get tired when I'm doing much, not that I want you to feel bad about being lazy right now haha...

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Update 1 Week Post Op

Nothing really new to report.

Sciatica pain is still pretty bad standing up, but laying down and sitting down help.

I've been sleeping waaaaay better. I can sleep on my side now so I'm comfortable and feel a lot more rested than I was previously.

That's about it. Next Wednesday I get to start my post op walking program. Right now I'm trying not to move around a lot. I was told to be a couch potato. Hard to do though, but I'm doing my best.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Nothing really new to report.

Sciatica pain is still pretty bad standing up, but laying down and sitting down help..

Damn, sorry to hear that. Mine was remarkably better within a week. What exactly was the procedure they did? Discectomy?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Damn, sorry to hear that. Mine was remarkably better within a week. What exactly was the procedure they did? Discectomy?

Microscopic hemi-laminotomy and foronotomy.

They told me it would take a while because its been injured for so long. They said the long you have been injured the longer it takes for the pain to go down.

Even with this nerve pain, I'm a lot happier than before.

Hopefully it will level out soon.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Didnt realize you had it done good luck on your recovery.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
I heard that if you squat heavy it cures back pain... and cancer..

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I heard that if you squat heavy it cures back pain.

We will find out the answer to that ....but next year. When I come back, I am gonna be bench only for the rest of the year.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic