jacobss
What's New?

Tendon repair and anabolics

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
What gh were you running ?

Rips. started at 2iu for 2weeks, then 3 for 2 weeks and 4iu for 2 months. went up to 8iu for month then tapered back to 4iu day and have stayed there.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Rips. started at 2iu for 2weeks, then 3 for 2 weeks and 4iu for 2 months. went up to 8iu for month then tapered back to 4iu day and have stayed there.
Can't do rips I hold to much water in my joints

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
The problem with ALL these "studies" on AAS associated collagen synthesis is NONE have shown the precursors are SELECTIVELY destined for SKELETAL MUSCLES TENDONS.

That is a HUGE problem since excluding BONE collagen is the framework rehired for every human organ although some tissues have less collage (neurologic in particular) and some more (the dermis, FASCIA and tendons).

The net effect; there is NO EVIDENCE AAS SELECTIVELY ENHANCE tendon COLLAGEN SYNTHESIS especially when this effect is compared to skeletal muscle anabolism.

jim

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Consequently many exercise physiologist speculate (probably correctly) tendon injuries in anabolic users is more likely the consequence of such dramatic "improvements" in SKM MASS that exceeds the tendon load capacity.

This is particularly problematic for power lifters whom must move such heavy loads and do so abruptly. Unfortunately this necessity negates the elastic properties of tendons which can tolerate MUCH higher loads IF the forces are generated over time.

JIM

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
The problem with ALL these "studies" on AAS associated collagen synthesis is NONE have shown the precursors are SELECTIVELY destined for SKELETAL MUSCLES TENDONS.

That is a HUGE problem since excluding BONE collagen is the framework rehired for every human organ although some tissues have less collage (neurologic in particular) and some more (the dermis, FASCIA and tendons).

The net effect; there is NO EVIDENCE AAS SELECTIVELY ENHANCE tendon COLLAGEN SYNTHESIS especially when this effect is compared to skeletal muscle anabolism.

jim

Eloquently put DJ - that's because most studies are not bodybuilding specific . That why when people ask for studies it reflects their own ignorance or lack of experience - just a study here and there mean nothing - one needs 100s to proclaim fact as studies can be flawed or biased. Also misinterpreted . Medical doctors even fitness professionals have only superficial knowledge on bodybuilding . Bodybuilders are in a class by themselves mainstream public mostly considers frivolous . Hey I've been bodybuilding 30 years , I also went to school and obtained my cscs - which the subject was talked about a lot . Maybe since I look like one and I'm sure while many guys in this forum think nothing of having large proportions and overly toned bodies general public freak out . Any way - great post DJ carry on!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic