Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Tendon repair and anabolics

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
i see this thread coming back up..couple things to remember is the basis of muscle as well as TENDON strength should be taken into effect. I can tell everyone here a torn tendon is a MUTHA- F'r....
I say every cycle (since my injury) should be based around tendon strength.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
This is an old article, but where are the studies to back this information up? Here's an actual study on the effects of nandrolene on rotator cuff repair in rabbits, and the results are not positive.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20690845

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
There is still controversy about the effect of anabolic steroid on connective tissue. This study examines the hypothesis that the local use of nandrolone decanoate, an anabolic steroid on rotator cuff, facilitates the healing process when used in combination with surgical repair.

METHODS:
Forty-eight male rabbits were divided in four groups with anabolic steroids (Nandrolone Decanoate 10 mg/kg) and immobilization as variables. The groups were the following: first group, nonsteroid use-immobilization (NSI); second group, nonsteroid use-nonimmobilization (NSNI); third group, steroid use-immobilization (SI); fourth group steroid use-nonimmobilization (SNI). Every rabbit underwent a rotator cuff incision and reconstruction. Fifteen days later the tendons were sent for biomechanical and histological evaluation.

RESULTS:
Groups that did not receive anabolic steroids showed better healing and more tendon strength in comparison to groups that received anabolic steroids. Microscopic examination of specimens from the groups without the use of anabolic steroid showed extensive fibroblastic activity whereas the specimens from those groups with anabolic steroid use showed focal fibroblastic reaction and inflammation. Immobilization provided better results in the groups with anabolic steroid use but it did not influence healing in groups without steroids.

CONCLUSIONS:
The effect of local nandrolone decanoate use on a rotator cuff tear is detrimental, acting as a healing inhibitor.

datNinja

datNinja

Jun 4, 2013
Has anyone found studies to prove any of the mentioned actually do as stated, specifically EQ as that's of the most interest to me?

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
reading through this thread confirms to me anavar should be part of every cycle.....and prolly should be sold OTC as a normal sup!

datNinja

datNinja

Jun 4, 2013
reading through this thread confirms to me anavar should be part of every cycle.....and prolly should be sold OTC as a normal sup!

Agreed, but at a fraction of the pharm grade price

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Has anyone found studies to prove any of the mentioned actually do as stated, specifically EQ as that's of the most interest to me?

I have never seen one article or research paper showing that with boldenone, not saying one doesn't' exist just haven't found proof.
I have Run Boldenone by it's self only and it didn't do shit for tendonitis or sore joints where I noticed instant help and relief with nandrolone.

Nandrolones main effect is anti-inflammatory .

HGH and IGF however have shown to actually heal and strengthen ligaments, joints to a certain degree.

B

bermuda

Jul 9, 2013
i was skimming so forgive me if i missed it...whats the effects of tren on your collagen and tendon integrity? anybody know?

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
Man, I wonder if my tendonitis is related to the long low dose cycles of test E and test C I use? I usually do long low dose cycles of Test for 6 months at a time, on two occastions, 18 months. 300mg/week is my typical dose. I got really bad tendonitis 12 years ago, both "golfers and tennis elbow". I fight it all of the time. I have found that goint to PT doing A.R.T. helps keep it in check. I thought I could finally get through it by stretching and lifting moderate weights with high reps and so I stopped going to PT. I felt fine until one day at work.... I started to cycle in May with my typical 300mg of test C and 200mg deca every other week. I felt fine, till I injured it at work dragging a heavy piece of machinery (400lbs) across the work floor with a tow strap 2 weeks ago. I just moved my arm wrong and "twing", I felt that old familiar pain in my good arm. Ive had this problem in both arms, more so in the right than the left. This time, left arm:( Anyway, I wonder if it is due to long cycles of low dose test??? For now, I stopped using the test E and am running straight deca @ 200mg/wk and started using 4 IU of HGH ed in an attempt to keep the pain down. I plan on doing this for the next 4 weeks and then go off and recover. Yes, currently not lifting except for Legs, core and lots and LOTS of cardio. I regret that I can't even swim now because the resistance of the water on my fingers aggrivated my pain:( I"m so pissed! Anyway, I though my issue at hands....:) could possibly be related to the test C/E I use and if so this post can help others out. I hope the test is not the cause as my doses are fariliy low....I hope not, I love test

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Most orthopedic docs will disagree that aas help. Go ask your surgeon it most likely is test related . Sometimes we build stronger muscle fibers and tendons suffer or dry out. Then again how about one if our resident newbie geniuses dig up a study to support their lack if practical knowledge

Last edited:
trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
well my last orthopedic surgeon would say tren does help,told me to keep doing what ever I'm doing for what thats worth

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
In August I was told I need to have surgery because my right elbow tendon had a small tear and I had medial epicondrolitis in both elbows ( degenerative tendons ). It was at the point just pushing against my head to wash my hair hurt like hell. I tried to get my ortho doc to prescribe HGH but he was a chicken shit and would not. He did agree though that it would benefit me from its use. Started GH for this specific issue in Aug and within 30 days had nice changes. By December I was 99% better and to date now have not had any elbow tendon pain in either arm. I definitely recommend that you look into some GH for your tendon issues as it does and will work. Good luck.

R/
Chief

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
In August I was told I need to have surgery because my right elbow tendon had a small tear and I had medial epicondrolitis in both elbows ( degenerative tendons ). It was at the point just pushing against my head to wash my hair hurt like hell. I tried to get my ortho doc to prescribe HGH but he was a chicken shit and would not. He did agree though that it would benefit me from its use. Started GH for this specific issue in Aug and within 30 days had nice changes. By December I was 99% better and to date now have not had any elbow tendon pain in either arm. I definitely recommend that you look into some GH for your tendon issues as it does and will work. Good luck.

R/
Chief
What gh were you running ?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic