Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Tendon repair and anabolics

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
This is one of the best threads I've read in a while. Thanks.

Anyone know if peps would work best. From what I've read and thought, they would. Thoughts?

Peps increase GH level so yes, they would theoretically work better than any AAS. The regenerative qualities of peps are amazing. I've even seen a few guys regrow hair in bald spots on their head.

MadMick

MadMick

May 12, 2011
This articel was clearly written by someone more concerned with collagen synthesis and tendon/ligament sparing than muscle building. It's fine to go over that low amount of testosterone, most people do. In fact, it's pointless to run 100mg EW unless it's going to give you levels higher than what you have naturally. Some guys subscribe to the theory that you don't need testosterone as a basis but it's rather an add on. It's become much more popular these days to have test as the basis for your cycle. I've read other articles that test does NOT destroy collagen synthesis, but rather just doesn't increase it. Again, I think this is another classic example (like liver toxicity of orals) that is overstated a bit. Although, I do think it is important to run something to increase collagen synthesis...that's something you always want working in your favor.

I agree, the article is directed more towards tendon/ligament repair then Muscle building. I have personally ran the above after 2 serious injuries and for me, this worked better then expected.

MadMick

MadMick

May 12, 2011
Oldie but goodie.

I originally pulled this off the Old Underground board, I think the author was an old friend who went by Jig. He is still around and I'll ask him about it

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I remeber this study but the claims on EQ I have never seen the studies showing Equipoise @ 3 mg/kg will increase procollagen III by approximately 340% -- , not saying it does not.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
awesome article!

Does vary only increase collagen syn or cross linking too? I've noticed some pretty strong healing effects from even a moderate (40-60) short term (weeks) dose of var.

anyone know where tbol fits in with all this?

ironic the drug of choice for sprinters is strol...

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Anyone have "clinical" info showing the effects of tren on collagen synthesis?
I'm starting to wonder if long term tren use doersn't cause collagen break down.

I know tren increases IGF-1 to a great degree, which ought to stimulate the growth of tendons, as we all know. Endocrinology. 1989 May;124(5):2110-7. but i'm starting to think like stanazolol it my actualy have a bad effect on over all tendon health.

Last edited:
trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Winny for runners is only because thats what Ben got busted for and tren rocks for tendon repair and more studies need to be done on it

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Winny for runners is only because thats what Ben got busted for and tren rocks for tendon repair and more studies need to be done on it

There are studies showing tren increases growth factors as alot of steroids do but tren has more profound effects in this area , Question is does it cause larger stiff tendons that are more brittle? There is to much contradlicting data that i've seen to realy prove anything. There studies showing heavy androgen use may lead to tendonosis to.

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Here is a case with Nandrolone showing positive effects on tendons, I still have yet to see one study showing boldenone and it's effects on colagen synthesis.

Triantafillopoulos IK, Banes AJ, Bowman KF Jr, Maloney M, Garrett WE Jr, Karas SG. Nandrolone decanoate and load increase remodeling and strength in human supraspinatus bioartificial tendons. Am J Sports Med. 2004;32(4):934-43.

ABSTRACT

BACKGROUND: To date, no studies document the effect of anabolic steroids on rotator cuff tendons. STUDY DESIGN: Controlled laboratory study. HYPOTHESIS: Anabolic steroids enhance remodeling and improve the biomechanical properties of bioartificially engineered human supraspinatus tendons. METHODS: Bioartificial tendons were treated with either nandrolone decanoate (nonload, steroid, n = 18), loading (load, nonsteroid, n = 18), or both (load, steroid, n = 18). A control group received no treatment (nonload, nonsteroid [NLNS], n = 18). Bioartificial tendons' remodeling was assessed by daily scanning, cytoskeletal organization by staining, matrix metalloproteinase-3 levels by ELISA assay, and biomechanical properties by load-to-failure testing. RESULTS: The load, steroid group showed the greatest remodeling and the best organized actin cytoskeleton. Matrix metallo-proteinase-3 levels in the load, steroid group were greater than those of the nonload, nonsteroid group (P <.05). Ultimate stress and ultimate strain in the load, steroid group were greater than those of the nonload, nonsteroid and nonload, steroid groups (P <.05). The strain energy density in the load, steroid group was greater when compared to other groups (P <.05). CONCLUSIONS: Nandrolone decanoate and load acted synergistically to increase matrix remodeling and biomechanical properties of bioartificial tendons. CLINICAL RELEVANCE: Data suggest anabolic steroids may enhance production of bioartificial tendons and rotator cuff tendon healing in vitro. More research is necessary before such clinical use is recommended.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic