Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

statistical equality, is it really equal?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
It's all based on test scores. Most schools teach the state minimum requirements, then pretty much "train" the kids to test well instead of focusing on just educating them. When college became a "non-elite" thing to do, schools also changed gears to jack up SAT scores. It's now college test prepping, even though a lot of kids shouldn't even be in college.

Ill try to dig up some articles for you to read that helps describe my concerns on the matter

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
The solution is to do nothing. Micks, WOPs, Jews, Greeks, Chinese have all overcome adversity and they have done it without being pussies about it.

Develop a reputation as a hard working people and you're equal. Cry to mommy and daddy every time you feel someone was picking on you isn't going to help. It's only going to hurt.

Wronging one race to appease another only fuels the fire.

I came up poor homeless and in housing projects and I made something of myself. No assistance for the white and poor. I don't whine about it. I earned what I have. That's more than the old money pussies can say.

that's a good post bro. So true!

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
It's all based on test scores. Most schools teach the state minimum requirements, then pretty much "train" the kids to test well instead of focusing on just educating them. When college became a "non-elite" thing to do, schools also changed gears to jack up SAT scores. It's now college test prepping, even though a lot of kids shouldn't even be in college.

Ill try to dig up some articles for you to read that helps describe my concerns on the matter

How do you jack up SAT scores ?

Some kids/people will not do well on Standardized exams. SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT and the list goes on. "Training" the kids to take the exam is in their best interest. IMO the curriculum in my many school districts are not representative of what is on the exams.

this is why you have study material ....separate study material for every exam I mentioned. Even the top students in some graduating classes are taking the test prep courses....because you just can't ...or shouldn't sit for the exam right after graduating.

I have taken the SAT, GMAT, Asbestos Abatement, Actuarial Exams, Brokers License (Series 7, 63, 55, 2), NCLEX (Registered Nurse), and I had to study content and test taking strategies for each exam.

I do have one friend that was just a super geek, that busted the GMAT 3x with scores over 700...without any studying.

Also, Harvard and many other Ivy schools are not requiring some of the exams when one applies....this should tell you something in itself.

IMO if a kid wants to go to college....he should be in. Anyone can become a doctor, lawyer, .....esp if given the right Profs. If my dumb azz can do it....I believe anyone can.

on the flip side....my good friend graduated in the top 10 in her class. Not 10% but she is one of the top 10. European decent and ultra fine...hehehe

She earned a DPT I think its called....Doctorate in Physical Therapy or met the requirement. Straight A's in High School. Top in her graduating class at college.....but she has failed the licensing exam 3x...now unable to become a PT....because after the 3rd try....that's it.

What's my point...standardized exams suck in certain instances. and are not representative of what a person knows.

Last edited:
slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
WHAT IN THE FUK ARE YOU EVEN SAYING????

NHL is biased... but it is different.. black choose not to play hockey... kinda like swimming ;)

I played football, baseball and basketball and at every level I was passed up on certain positions (except baseball) because there were black (or Samoan) guys taller or faster... did I cry racism or discrimination? NO... it made sense... and I wanted what was best for the team...I also understood the concept of finding something else I was better at... SO I got an education...

My point is simple... if we keep sports like they are... which we should... teams will only get better... If we lower the bar for the shorter...slower...non athletic types so EVERYONE gets a change to play because it is only FAIR... then professional sports would go to shit!

kinda like the educational system is now... it has been dumbed down systematically...

and dont say it hasnt...

This is exactly why I showed up 45 minutes late and left 3 hours early in high school. I had all AP classes aside from speech class first hour. There really is no point sitting until 2:45pm in study hall. I would gain nothing and they would still get paid the same.

Slic.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
WHAT IN THE FUK ARE YOU EVEN SAYING????

NHL is biased... but it is different.. black choose not to play hockey... kinda like swimming ;)

I played football, baseball and basketball and at every level I was passed up on certain positions (except baseball) because there were black (or Samoan) guys taller or faster... did I cry racism or discrimination? NO... it made sense... and I wanted what was best for the team...I also understood the concept of finding something else I was better at... SO I got an education...

My point is simple... if we keep sports like they are... which we should... teams will only get better... If we lower the bar for the shorter...slower...non athletic types so EVERYONE gets a change to play because it is only FAIR... then professional sports would go to shit!

kinda like the educational system is now... it has been dumbed down systematically...

and dont say it hasnt...

I wasnt talking about hockey or education, you stupid f uck

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
have you ever considered that you sucked, were short and slow....and you were the token Caucasian so the team would not be considered bias to one group ?

and I totally disagree with schools being dumbed down. where did you get this ?
you disagree that schools are being dumbed down??? are you kidding... how about NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND! or this new system the Obama admin came out with...

So every one goes to college if that want... but only the best play sports... makes perfect since...

as for me just sucking...the thought crossed my mind... but was quickly shot down when I blew past all of the downs syndrome kids at the special O...

Get a grip 2ez... no matter how good you are... there is and always will be someone better...

you see... with your comment... you have just re-affirmed your racist undertone...

As a white guy.. I just suck...

As a black guy... your just not as smart...

The first comment is acceptable, the rest isnt... right????

has it EVER occurred to you that MAYBE... JUST MAYBE... as a WHOLE... some races are just more qualified than others for certain functions?

Lets take a lesson in history shall we...

this "Systematic Oppression" of blacks started LONG before there were any blacks in America.. or western civilization for that matter...

Tell me again who were responsible for capturing and selling blacks on the slave market? I am a little cloudy on that one... wasn't it OTHER BLACKS...move forward to modern society... Who is in the "hood" killing other blacks... Joyfully 'rapping' and dancing about and singing their own praises how they "bust caps in otha nigga's" and "fuk'n all deez hoes" and the glamorous life a a REAL NIGGA! I'll give you a hint... IT AINT WHITEY!

So Who is REALLY holding down the blacks???? Tell me again.... please...

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
you disagree that schools are being dumbed down??? are you kidding... how about NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND! or this new system the Obama admin came out with...

So every one goes to college if that want... but only the best play sports... makes perfect since...

as for me just sucking...the thought crossed my mind... but was quickly shot down when I blew past all of the downs syndrome kids at the special O...

Get a grip 2ez... no matter how good you are... there is and always will be someone better...

you see... with your comment... you have just re-affirmed your racist undertone...

As a white guy.. I just suck...

As a black guy... your just not as smart...

The first comment is acceptable, the rest isnt... right????

has it EVER occurred to you that MAYBE... JUST MAYBE... as a WHOLE... some races are just more qualified than others for certain functions?

Lets take a lesson in history shall we...

this "Systematic Oppression" of blacks started LONG before there were any blacks in America.. or western civilization for that matter...

Tell me again who were responsible for capturing and selling blacks on the slave market? I am a little cloudy on that one... wasn't it OTHER BLACKS...move forward to modern society... Who is in the "hood" killing other blacks... Joyfully 'rapping' and dancing about and singing their own praises how they "bust caps in otha nigga's" and "fuk'n all deez hoes" and the glamorous life a a REAL NIGGA! I'll give you a hint... IT AINT WHITEY!

So Who is REALLY holding down the blacks???? Tell me again.... please...

Your reaching bru......and I am a lil confused by your thoughts

what do you mean by certain races being more qualified for certain functions....give an example. You say my undertones are racist, which I cram to understand.....but what do you call statements like your own ?

I cannot say what or who is holding African Americans down...that is unless you put the blame on the individual themselves. I would be more inclined to deal with it on an individual basis and not speak for the masses like you are doing.

AND I believe you and I have different interpretations on the "no child is left behind act"

Last edited:
IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Your reaching bru......and I am a lil confused by your thoughts

what do you mean by certain races being more qualified for certain functions....give an example. You say my undertones are racist, which I cram to understand.....but what do you call statements like your own ?

I cannot say what or who is holding African Americans down...that is unless you put the blame on the individual themselves. I would be more inclined to deal with it on an individual basis and not speak for the masses like you are doing.

AND I believe you and I have different interpretations on the "no child is left behind act"

here you go...
Basketball - Black
Rocket Science- White

make sense?

before you google famous black rocket scientists or famous white basketball players... I know there are individual cases... just making a general statement...

I have said before... one of my very best friends is a black ... He is also one of the most intelligent men I know... so to rest your mind at ease... I judge a man by character... not color... just as you...

When we can all judge by character then equality will be met on any playing field...

but to say a general statement that "blacks" are held down systematically is just plain BULLSHIT!

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
here you go...
Basketball - Black
Rocket Science- White

make sense?

before you google famous black rocket scientists or famous white basketball players... I know there are individual cases... just making a general statement...

I have said before... one of my very best friends is a black ... He is also one of the most intelligent men I know... so to rest your mind at ease... I judge a man by character... not color... just as you...

When we can all judge by character then equality will be met on any playing field...

but to say a general statement that "blacks" are held down systematically is just plain BULLSHIT
!

I do not recall saying this.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
you didnt... your boy HGH did...

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
you didnt... your boy HGH did...
Isn't that the issue?

I don't think 2ez is in the same boat on the subject as HGH at all.

2ez is doing a good job counterpointing and holding a debate. HGH covers his ears and repeats himself without actually counterpointing anything you say.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic