Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

statistical equality, is it really equal?

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
yea your probably right.

and women should stop complaining too. the so called Handicaps/disabled as well. they too need to work their way out of whatever they believe hinders them.

here my friend has a disability, yet he is able to get cheaper bus tickets to commute to work. its not fair...he should pay the same as the rest of us. the dayum leech.

your reply is completely laughable at this point... now your grasping at straws... disabled???? seriously???

I say he should be charged extra... the wheel chair or walker probably takes up more space... ;)

no reply on the professional sports I see... how big of you ez... Its all biased as long as the black man is the lesser right???

Cosmokramer

Cosmokramer

MuscleHead
May 6, 2013
Sorry buddy, your main fallacy is that you think that it is possible to definitively rank every college applicant from #1 to #500,000 in order in a totally unbiased, unemotional way. That's just stupid. It cannot happen. The cream of the crop are all essentially equal, no matter how "hard" you make the test. And the person entrusted with making the test "harder" is only adding questions that they personally feel have more "value".

Do you believe that there are ways of grading an essay that are 100% objective? That's patently absurd. 20 different people can grade the same group of essays and dole out completely different scores, based on which essays resonate with them.

Fact: emotional criteria WILL be used to determine the quality of applicants. There is no scenario that can be created that can prevent this. Especially for entrance into programs that are arts-based like creative writing, fine art, violin performance, etc etc.

Your total lack of understanding of the admissions process renders your opinion 100% moot. If it was as simple as "who can jump the highest" we could film everyone jumping in front of a yard stick and rank everyone, definitively, from first to last. But it's more complicated than that.

I am guessing you never where on a debating team.I say this because you like to insult people and it is kind of odd to me.Why if you are so smart and right do you find the need to insult and degrade? Must be from you being oppressed,you should get reparations for not only being black/mexican,gay and a curtain hanger.I mean an African American Gay activist fighting for justice!

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
your reply is completely laughable at this point... now your grasping at straws... disabled???? seriously???

I say he should be charged extra... the wheel chair or walker probably takes up more space... ;)

no reply on the professional sports I see... how big of you ez... Its all biased as long as the black man is the lesser right???

he mentioned whining and blaming. It is my belief that there are many groups that believe they are not treated equally....isn't the title of this thread "Statistical EQUALITY...." ?

my apologies, but the professional sports is laughable and now grasping for straws :food-snacking:

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
is it really... Tell me why please?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Suppose that there are two men in wheelchairs. The first is in a wheelchair because he has no legs. He does not have legs and he never will. This person will be wheelchair bound or at best have artificial legs and need assistance for the rest of his life. The sooner society realizes this the better off everyone will be.

The second person is in a wheelchair because his legs were broken, unjustly, by someone else. This person will be in a wheelchair for a time, but only until he gets well, at which time he will be expected to stand on his own two feet again.

That said, it is not exactly fair for the second person to not try to get well.

But neither is it fair to pretend that his legs were not broken unjustly.

And it is especially unfair when the people who taught him he had no legs, and who then broke his legs as soon as he discovered and attempted to use them, are the very ones taunting him about being so slow to get up.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Suppose that there are two men in wheelchairs. The first is in a wheelchair because he has no legs. He does not have legs and he never will. This person will be wheelchair bound or at best have artificial legs and need assistance for the rest of his life. The sooner society realizes this the better off everyone will be.

The second person is in a wheelchair because his legs were broken, unjustly, by someone else. This person will be in a wheelchair for a time, but only until he gets well, at which time he will be expected to stand on his own two feet again.

That said, it is not exactly fair for the second person to not try to get well.

But neither is it fair to pretend that his legs were not broken unjustly.

And it is especially unfair when the people who taught him he had no legs, and who then broke his legs as soon as he discovered and attempted to use them, are the very ones taunting him about being so slow to get up.

WHAT IN THE FUK ARE YOU EVEN SAYING????

NHL is biased... but it is different.. black choose not to play hockey... kinda like swimming ;)

I played football, baseball and basketball and at every level I was passed up on certain positions (except baseball) because there were black (or Samoan) guys taller or faster... did I cry racism or discrimination? NO... it made sense... and I wanted what was best for the team...I also understood the concept of finding something else I was better at... SO I got an education...

My point is simple... if we keep sports like they are... which we should... teams will only get better... If we lower the bar for the shorter...slower...non athletic types so EVERYONE gets a change to play because it is only FAIR... then professional sports would go to shit!

kinda like the educational system is now... it has been dumbed down systematically...

and dont say it hasnt...

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
WHAT IN THE FUK ARE YOU EVEN SAYING????

NHL is biased... but it is different.. black choose not to play hockey... kinda like swimming ;)

I played football, baseball and basketball and at every level I was passed up on certain positions (except baseball) because there were black (or Samoan) guys taller or faster... did I cry racism or discrimination? NO... it made sense... and I wanted what was best for the team...I also understood the concept of finding something else I was better at... SO I got an education...

My point is simple... if we keep sports like they are... which we should... teams will only get better... If we lower the bar for the shorter...slower...non athletic types so EVERYONE gets a change to play because it is only FAIR... then professional sports would go to shit!

kinda like the educational system is now... it has been dumbed down systematically...

and dont say it hasnt...

have you ever considered that you sucked, were short and slow....and you were the token Caucasian so the team would not be considered bias to one group ?

and I totally disagree with schools being dumbed down. where did you get this ?

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
have you ever considered that you sucked, were short and slow....and you were the token Caucasian so the team would not be considered bias to one group ?

and I totally disagree with schools being dumbed down. where did you get this ?

Schools have been doing this for years. They are adjusting tests and content to increase test scores. Inner city schools are notorious for this, because they have to show that the system is working, when really, it isn't. Did you not see Detroit school system all over the news a while back for this exact topic? Today's schools don't even come close ot how difficult schools were 60+ years ago. This is why Most city kids graduate with only a 5th grade reading and math level. It's something happening in almost all schools, save for private. This is why a kid going from public school to private will have a ton of trouble after a certain age

Last edited:

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Schools have been doing this for years. They are adjusting tests and content to increase test scores. Inner city schools are notorious for this, because they have to show that the system is working, when really, it isn't. Did you not see Detroit school system all over the news a while back for this exact topic? Today's schools don't even come close ot how difficult schools were 60+ years ago.

give me an example of what dumbing down means.

Now I heard about administrators or whomever, not being totally honest about results of standardized test scores, grades earned....etc, but I am not sure I heard of programs being "dumbed" down.

Help me understand this dumbing down....the school programs have gone from teaching what....to now teaching what ?

60yrs ago there were no computers.....additionally I am seeing classes like geometry being taught much earlier. Kids today are exposed to much much more

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I edited my post several times. Too many thoughts racing through my head. If you're knew to the idea of the lowering of standards in school, you've been in the dark

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
I edited my post several times. Too many thoughts racing through my head. If you're knew to the idea of the lowering of standards in school, you've been in the dark

relax bru......slow the racing thoughts.

I asked for examples. Please share.

I have heard about changing exams, diagnostics exams....IQ, Woodcock Johnson, Wexler to reflect the background of the masses. Lying about test results as well. giving kids an A when they deserve a B.

But it sounds as if you are saying what was once taught in the 4th grade....is now being taught in the 6th for some areas.

Please correct me if I am misinterpreting what you are saying.

More lazy today yes......just as smart if not smarter IMO

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic