Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Proviron in post cycle therapy?!

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I thought you were refering to my sources as cowboys, lol... But anyway, I like the tone of this discussion as I feel it's very respectful...

But studies, although interesting, would be better if done of suppressed bodybuilders no?

Still interested to hear what others and yourself have to say here!

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I'd like to know how it's not suppressive, from many vets I've taken advice from, I've always heard it was suppressive. I think the successful pct was because you were never really off...

I could be wrong but just saying what I've heard. Just wonder why you don't hear more about using proviron for pct if it was so good?

I remember seeing some article somewhere that used really high doses like 300 or 500 mg/d and saw suppression but I don't think suppression has been seen at normal doses like those used here like 25-50 mg/d. It's expensive as hell though.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I remember seeing some article somewhere that used really high doses like 300 or 500 mg/d and saw suppression but I don't think suppression has been seen at normal doses like those used here like 25-50 mg/d. It's expensive as hell though.

interesting, but yeah, those are some bank breaking doses up there! Would like to hear more on the suppressing properties of 25-50mg, I just remember reading there is no free ride when it comes to this, forget the reasons, lol...
I may try to dig up some quotes on t-nation on this one from prisoner.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
i think that's the general logic. Nobody rides the AAS train for free. The studies are not really directly applicable to us sinec we are on and off on and off and higher doses than some geriatric group that never had a steroid before and are now eating proviron. So we have to be careful in our interpretation of any studies as related to us. I know personally I suppressed my test by about 50% in an experiment I did with just 10 mg/d of anavar after being off everything for 5 months. My LH was still in normal range. Proviron directly after a cycle though? Who knows. Different conditions all together and different drug.

interesting, but yeah, those are some bank breaking doses up there! Would like to hear more on the suppressing properties of 25-50mg, I just remember reading there is no free ride when it comes to this, forget the reasons, lol...
I may try to dig up some quotes on t-nation on this one from prisoner.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I thought you were refering to my sources as cowboys, lol... But anyway, I like the tone of this discussion as I feel it's very respectful...

But studies, although interesting, would be better if done of suppressed bodybuilders no?

Still interested to hear what others and yourself have to say here!

Not at all Brother, I was just saying we get stuck in our mindsets sometimes. I know I do and when the ''new'' thing comes out I'm always speculative ..at the least. I don't know if you're old enough to remember when apple n mac came out...I was speculative and didn't buy the stock...KICK MYSELF IN THE ARSE NOW!!! LOL
Good talkin bro

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Here is one abstract

nt J Gynaecol Obstet. 1988 Feb;26(1):121-8.The effect of mesterolone on sperm count, on serum follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, plasma testosterone and outcome in idiopathic oligospermic men.

Varma TR, Patel RH.
Source

Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, St. George's Hospital Medical School London, U.K.

Abstract

Two hundred fifty subfertile men with idiopathic oligospermia (count less than 20 million/ml) were treated with mesterolone (100-150 mg/day) for 12 months. Seminal analysis were assayed 3 times and serum follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) luteinizing hormone (LH) and plasma testosterone were assayed once before treatment and repeated at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months after the initiation of treatment. One hundred ten patients (44%) had normal serum FSH, LH and plasma testosterone, 85 patients (34%) had low serum FSH, LH and low plasma testosterone. One hundred seventy-five patients (70%) had moderate oligospermia (count 5 to less than 20 million/ml) and 75 patients (30%) had severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million/ml). Seventy-five moderately oligospermic patients showed significant improvement in the sperm density, total sperm count and motility following mesterolone therapy whereas only 12% showed improvement in the severe oligospermic group. Mesterolone had no depressing effect on low or normal serum FSH and LH levels but had depressing effect on 25% if the levels were elevated. There was no significant adverse effect on testosterone levels or on liver function. One hundred fifteen (46%) pregnancies resulted following the treatment, 9 of 115 (7.8%) aborted and 2 (1.7%) had ectopic pregnancy. Mesterolone was found to be more useful in patients with a sperm count ranging between 5 and 20 million/ml. Those with severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million) do not seem to benefit from this therapy.

PMID:2892728 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Last edited:
ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
well I started a thread on another forum on this topic, one guy when his cycle is over is gonna use proviron in his pct, get blood work done, here's what he plans on doing:

Only one way to find out. Once I come off I'll save some. I'll do my entire pct plus a couple weeks, then get my serum test checked for a new baseline. Then I'll run proviron at 50mg/day for two weeks, wait a day to clear, and get serum test checked again. This is the only conclusive way to test this. It'll be a while before I can do it though. If no one else will do it, I'll guinea pig myself out for the cause lol.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Haa.. One small step for 'The Test Subject' ....One Huge leap for 'The Ironden'' lol.. Good Man there... That's what America is built on...adventure..Keep us updated..never had bloodwork done myself on this

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
just found this:

I just want to say everyone should be careful about using proviron as part of PCT. My lab results seem to prove that it IS suppressive.

I got blood work done 1 month after my 3-week cycle ended and lh - leutenizing hormone - and FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - were ZERO, while total test was 84 (or 87). I was still taking proviron at the time at 25mg per day.
After seeing that my hpta - hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis - hadn't even started to recover, I decided to stop taking proviron because I assumed that was keeping me shut down.

Last Friday, or 2 weeks after dropping proviron, I got blood drawn again, and results show that my hpta - hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis - has finally started to recover.
lh - leutenizing hormone - 0.5 (normal 0.8-7.6)
FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - 2.1 (normal 0.7-11.1)
Testosterone 151 (normal 262~900)

As a side note, cabergoline has long lasting effects. I stopped taking cabergoline 1 month ago (I was taking 1mg two times per week), and prolactin is still ZERO. So that is pretty powerful.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
what type of cycle are we talking? 3 Weeks, that's a pretty short cycle isn't it?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
He was saying three weeks after the cycle ended.

''I just want to say everyone should be careful about using proviron as part of PCT. My lab results seem to prove that it IS suppressive.

I got blood work done 1 month after my 3-week cycle ended and lh - leutenizing hormone - and FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - were ZERO,''

Oh , ok , I read it as he got his blood work done ... '''one month after his 3 week cycle ended'' ?..my eyes must be getting bad..

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 9 members watching this topic

, , , , , , , ,