Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Proviron in post cycle therapy?!

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
yes, it was a 3 week cycle, so suppression must not have been very high, I can only imagine the suppression would have been worse if he ran something harder and longer...

The guy who was going to use proviron and get blood work is having second thoughts, lol... I don't doubt him for doing so!

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Maybe the way to use this is either on cycle or after you've been off for several months just to give a little boost in mood and libido. I think it's a different situation when you are fully recovered as far as suppression. I think once you are shut down any androgen is going to continue suppression.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Maybe the way to use this is either on cycle or after you've been off for several months just to give a little boost in mood and libido. I think it's a different situation when you are fully recovered as far as suppression. I think once you are shut down any androgen is going to continue suppression.

I would agree with that, but if you've been off for a few months, I think most would opt to go back on!

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Thing is, I would have to question any ''3 week cycle''?. what did it consist of..how much? why did it only go 3 weeks? alot of unanswered questions. . In my mind mind it makes no sense to take anything for a month after a ''3 week cycle''?.. proviron at 25 mg's a day isn't gonna do much..maybe give you a boner or 2!! lol. in my mind a cycle would need to be a bare minimum 8 week..hopefully 12.. be interested to know the details of this cycle, 3 weeks would be alot cheaper than 12!!.
Like I said I'm not saying proviron is pct alone ...jus a nice addition when used correctly .

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Proviron is an androgen which means it's going to still suppress ya. It may be mild but it's an androgen none the less. This makes me think of people who want to run 10mg of Dbol when they're "off". That's not being off or on PCT.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I don't think proviron n dbol are even close in comparison.. and it's not runnin 'anything' while you're off, you guys obviously didn't read the article. I'm gonna let this go , it ain't lookin constructive

Third, Proviron will bind to the aromatase enzyme reducing estrogen levels effectively. It can be used for this purpose whilst "on" to combat estrogen related sides and during PCT. It is, however, not as good as Letro/Aromasin/Arimdex at this action. This is why other AI's are advised during PCT, in conjuction with Proviron. Another reason why its an additon, not a replacment!

Fourth, Proviron has a very high binding affinity to SHBG. Which reduces free floating testosterone, synthetic or naturally produced. We want to try and raise testosterone levels during PCT, so we attain the gains we have achieved whilst cycling. So...It would seem logical to use a compound that has a high binding affinity to SHBG during PCT, right? As Proviron has one of the highest binding affinites to SHBG (if not the highest) it serves another purpose here. Reduce SHBG and increase free floating testosterone and your body is catabolic for less time, increasing the chances of attaining gains. It can also be used when cycling to reduce levels of SHBG and may help to break through a plateu you've encountered mid/end of the cycle.

Last edited:
ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
But just out of curiosity, how would you use it in pct and with what drugs?

But in your defense, even though I'm not sold on the idea, I've read that one can use 100mg of test with a serm and not be shut down, (I'm not stating this) pretty sure there was scientific data to back it up, I will try to find it. So the question now I guess is.... Is 25-50mg of proviron less suppressive than 100mg of test, if equal or less, could we say that using a serm with proviron would not suppress one's body?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Thing is, I would have to question any ''3 week cycle''?. what did it consist of..how much? why did it only go 3 weeks? alot of unanswered questions. . In my mind mind it makes no sense to take anything for a month after a ''3 week cycle''?.. proviron at 25 mg's a day isn't gonna do much..maybe give you a boner or 2!! lol. in my mind a cycle would need to be a bare minimum 8 week..hopefully 12.. be interested to know the details of this cycle, 3 weeks would be alot cheaper than 12!!.
Like I said I'm not saying proviron is pct alone ...jus a nice addition when used correctly .

Don't knock it 'till you've tried it. I've run a four week cycle and it was quite successful, especially considering how fast the recovery was thus saving the vast majority of gains made.

Bill Roberts has some great ideas, with practical experience both by him and by his clients, concerning cycles as short as two weeks. I don't like the idea that cycles have to be at least 12 weeks to be effective. Is gaining an extra 3 pounds worth the extra suppression and delayed recovery, considering you'll probably lose that three pounds anyway because it takes longer for you to recover. Not to mention, a 12 week cycle with test e is really 13 weeks, and a 12 week cycle with sust is more like 15 weeks.

Try a four week cycle with test suspension, dbol, drol, and winny (like I did) and tell me you don't have a blast and recover fast as hell (without proviron, lol).

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Hell yes it would be fun..IF you're ''younger''!!! you'ld blow up like a ballooon. . .Depends where youre at in your game, but i don't know how you gonna retain any gains, it would all be off the drol n dbo.... 12 weeks to me is test with dbo \ drol kik start..dropped at 2-4 weeks, to be honest now I wouldn't bother with the orals.. thats just me tho..you kno as well as me ..no 2 people agree on much..everyone is unique and you find what works for your own body. but 2 to 3 week cycles IMO is a waste of $$.. and body..and doesn't make long term sense. Gotta stick with what works for you

Respect

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Hell yes it would be fun..IF you're ''younger''!!! you'ld blow up like a ballooon. . .Depends where youre at in your game, but i don't know how you gonna retain any gains, it would all be off the drol n dbo.... 12 weeks to me is test with dbo \ drol kik start..dropped at 2-4 weeks, to be honest now I wouldn't bother with the orals.. thats just me tho..you kno as well as me ..no 2 people agree on much..everyone is unique and you find what works for your own body. but 2 to 3 week cycles IMO is a waste of $$.. and body..and doesn't make long term sense. Gotta stick with what works for you

Respect

You've never heard of SHIC's (short high intensity cycle)? They are usually 4 - 6 weeks in length.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

Respect

Retaining gains is as much about recovering fast enough to get androgen levels up again to support the gained mass as it is about anything. The faster you recover, the more gains you retain, assuming all else is equal. Therefore, a four week cycle that is not nearly as suppressive as a 12 week cycle (again, assuming all else is equal) will in turn have a much faster recovery and thus greater percentage of gains retained.

Like you said (and then promptly contradicted) and then said again, lol, you have to find and stick with what works for you. I'll still run longer (10-12 week) cycles, but when life dictates, I'll also run shorter ones.

By the way, I didn't blow up like a balloon because the winny helped keep the bloat to a minimum. I gained nice solid mass and kept the vast majority of it and I have pics to prove it. And I'm 260, so while I'm not huge, I'm far enough into my game to not be making rookie gains off of any and everything.

Like I said originally, don't knock it 'till you've tried it. If you give it a shot and hate it, then we'll have different opinions both based on actual experience, rather than one based on experience and one on posturing and assumptions. No disrespect intended.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic