Latest Member
scottmt77
What's New?

Proviron in post cycle therapy?!

Big Cat

Big Cat

RIP
Dec 11, 2011
It might be wise to remember that idiopathic oligospermia usually means men who have low to no sperm production WITHOUT any suppressant drugs present to begin with. Meaning any proposed treatment could be affecting the primary problem. In PCT the primary problem IS in fact androgen use. Now there is no qualm with using some androgens during you HCG, in fact going off long acting products to go to less suppressive and in some cases mildly useful (mesterolone and fluoxymesterone) products is probably a good idea, but use of all androgens at any dose should be stopped at the same time as HCG (and you should be a week or two into SERM treatment by them) in order to maximally reduce negative feedback at the pituitary and testicular level.

The reason studies are done with androgens is because the belief is that there might be a short stimulus to the testicles that is more advantageous than the HPTA supressant effect (we are talking extremely low doses in men with endogenous problems). However with suppression from androgen use the problem is severe disuse causing shrinkage. This is reversed best with LH analogues like HCG in high doses forcing the testicles to produce at normal levels again, after which LH production normalizes pretty much after cessation, even after very long periods of use (aided some by SERMS), at which point the testicles will resume normal production. The stimulatory effect they hope to see with low dose mesterolone or test undec is an as of yet undefined problem in the testicles that is halting production despite the patient having had normal LH/FSH levels for most of his life. (and even those studies seem evenly split between mild effect on mild oligosperima and no beneficial effect)

So I would advise STRONGLY against using any type of androgens after the cessation of your HCG. The fact that the last study demonstrating mild positive effects in a small group of men with non-AAS related oligospermia was done in 1988 and no self-respecting endocrinologist would dream of using androgens to treat AAS-induced oligospermia should also be some indication this is a bad idea.

Retaining gains is as much about recovering fast enough to get androgen levels up again to support the gained mass as it is about anything. The faster you recover, the more gains you retain, assuming all else is equal. Therefore, a four week cycle that is not nearly as suppressive as a 12 week cycle (again, assuming all else is equal) will in turn have a much faster recovery and thus greater percentage of gains retained.

One needs to establish when the best gains are made, and that is rarely in the first 4 weeks, but typically in week 4-8. As such one would make less gains to begin with on a 4-week cycle, negating the effect of any faster recovery. Efficiency factors into as well.

Like I said originally, don't knock it 'till you've tried it. If you give it a shot and hate it, then we'll have different opinions both based on actual experience, rather than one based on experience and one on posturing and assumptions. No disrespect intended.

Likewise, I don't mean any disrespect, but please refrain from using such an addage when it concerns people's health and well-being. To put things in context, lets say the topic was "cyanide in post-cycle recovery" and you ending your posts with "don't knock it til you tried it" is tantamount to homicide. Now we know these products to have no immediate risk to our health, but it still doesn't give you the right to jeopardize anothers health based on what you perceive to be correct based on personal experience, subject to a myriad of uncontrolled parameters.

Last edited:
Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I've used proviron for pct in conjunction with nolva and hcg. In my experiences, I enjoyed the proviron during pct. I used it at 25mg a day. I felt like I recovered much smoother with it than without it.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I've used proviron for pct in conjunction with nolva and hcg. In my experiences, I enjoyed the proviron during pct. I used it at 25mg a day. I felt like I recovered much smoother with it than without it.

I don't often ask for blood work to prove a point, but can you agree with me that just because you "felt recovered" dosen't mean you were, or were still shut down as the proviron never allowed you to recover giving you a boost that never should have been...

Big Cat

Big Cat

RIP
Dec 11, 2011
Indeed, "feeling" better during one PCT compared to another can be attributed to many things, in this case likely to a false sense of increased androgen status from the mesterolone supporting primary androgenic characteristics. It does not speak to actual recovery. In fact anyone who, as they should, gets bloodwork done one month after cessation of HCG will attest that results can vary very strongly from where you "think" or "feel" you are at.

I also find the word "enjoy" kind of strange. I would personally "enjoy" some test during my PCT, but that doesn't mean its helping me recover.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I think Ryder might have meant ''the wood'' part of 'enjoy' . lol We'll have to agree to disagree, I think the properties of this are much different than 'conventional' thought. I personaly am assured bloodwork proves me correct. But that's another story and I'll leave it there. Good talk Big Cat
Respect

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
One needs to establish when the best gains are made, and that is rarely in the first 4 weeks, but typically in week 4-8. As such one would make less gains to begin with on a 4-week cycle, negating the effect of any faster recovery. Efficiency factors into as well.

So you are recommending an 8 week cycle or longer for the purpose of total gains? Isn't that doing the same thing that you so melodramatically accused me of doing, in the sense that you are recommending people do something that may jeopardize their health for the purpose of an extra couple pounds, potentially?

Have you run a 4 week cycle before? Maybe I fall into the "rarely" group, because I made some really good gains and kept nearly everything.

Likewise, I don't mean any disrespect, but please refrain from using such an addage when it concerns people's health and well-being. To put things in context, lets say the topic was "cyanide in post-cycle recovery" and you ending your posts with "don't knock it til you tried it" is tantamount to homicide. Now we know these products to have no immediate risk to our health, but it still doesn't give you the right to jeopardize anothers health based on what you perceive to be correct based on personal experience, subject to a myriad of uncontrolled parameters.

First off, I'm not sure how recommending a shorter cycle, which will almost always mean a faster recovery, could be considered jeopardizing someone's health. Au contraire, it seems that it's in fact exactly the opposite. If it's all about gaining as much as possible without the yo-yo of hormone levels, then we should all be mega-dosing without ever coming off.

Secondly, I'm not telling the guy that he should be running all short cycles, or that he has to run a short cycle. As I said, I will run longer-ish cycles as well as four weekers in the future. I'm stating that in order for him to be able to bash its efficacy on the same level that I am praising it, we should both be speaking from experience. Again, have you run a four week cycle?

Lastly, I'm not sure why you chose to latch onto my statements and counterattack with melodramatic analogies, what with all the dangerous misinformation floating around the community. But since you did, I want you to know that I almost consider it an honor, because your reputation precedes you. I'm glad you have chosen to dig into one of our threads and I hope you stay and share your wealth of knowledge.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I think Ryder might have meant ''the wood'' part of 'enjoy' . lol We'll have to agree to disagree, I think the properties of this are much different than 'conventional' thought. I personaly am assured bloodwork proves me correct. But that's another story and I'll leave it there. Good talk Big Cat
Respect

blood work, really? Cool! what did you run, for how long, and what was your pct, this really interests me if you don't mind.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I'm done Bro, this post is going the wrong way
Respect

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I'm done Bro, this post is going the wrong way
Respect

I don't understand, we're having a discussion as to whether proviron is suppressive, you then say you have blood work proving thatthat proviron is not suppressive and back out when it's asked to post it up.

Something's not right about this, you have the chance to clear something up that I just find the answer to yet... On any forum and this is your final answer. Not cool.

Reactions: SAD
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
'We' ain't having a discussion, you're just throwin rocks . you haven't added anything\info other than.. ''proviron is suppressive''... whatever 'ritch' ..keep doin what you're doin you look ''really yoked dude''!!

S

smash1904

Nov 21, 2011
I've yet to get bloodwork, but I used proviron 50mg/day for the first 3 weeks of my last pct... 6 weeks total on nolva, and even though I had a dip in strength, I felt really good through the whole thing. Much smoother than previous pcts ive run, and my strength is ok the way back to on cycle levels. I'll post up bloodwork when I get it in a couple weeks - will be checking before I go back on in March.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
That's pretty much my schedule too only I drop to 25 and taper out to 0 in 3 weeks. You keep lifting heavy on your pct?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic