Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Protein Sparing modified Fast as done by Lyle McDonald

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Im thinking maybe i should've weighed myself but i quit scales in october ....

Im bloated .. Pickles and pms ... Dammit

Crazy how fast the water has dropped off for me. (But I was eating about 500g of carbs a day)

I workout again tonight. Interested to see where my strength is. Feeling tired.

Worst thing is my joints hurt. I think dropping so much water may be the issue. When carbed up, I dont feel any joint pain. I have speculated that is the extra water I end up carrying. One positive note, my wife said my snoring has almost gone away completely. She complains that when I am "bulking", I snore so bad she cant sleep. Funny, just dropping water will make that big a difference.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Strength fell off pretty good on the 3rd day of this diet.

Last week last set of bench: 330x8

Today, 3 days in only got 315x6

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
A. How are you looking in the mirror?
B. What are the plans afterward?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
A. How are you looking in the mirror?
B. What are the plans afterward?

A. Bloated stomach totally gone. Probably lost 2" in my waist. Much more defined all over just from dropping water. Legs and shoulders showing striations. Midsection still a little thick.

B. Plans afterwards to transition more to "instinctive" eating in which I eat moderate to lower carbs and continue to work on leaning out a little more over time. As I do, I will monitor strength and make sure I am not compromising too much. I still have plans to compete in some PL events, but I have to drop for 198 anyway.

Using this type of prep, I can drop weight real easy to make a class....but I am hoping getting a little leaner and then raising cals and staying lean will not have as large an impact on strength as does dropping at last min.

Really....this is all a big experiment. Just another learning experience.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Yeah I'm letting you be the guinea pig.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
based on how strength went with the ultimate diet I would say that you will have a pretty massive spike in strength after the reefed. On ud2.0 you carb up starting Thursday night and all day Friday, then on Saturday you do a power workout...you feel strong then! Oddly, my best strength was on Thursday night after the pre workout shake kicked in, I feel like super woman after that LOL.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
based on how strength went with the ultimate diet I would say that you will have a pretty massive spike in strength after the reefed. On ud2.0 you carb up starting Thursday night and all day Friday, then on Saturday you do a power workout...you feel strong then! Oddly, my best strength was on Thursday night after the pre workout shake kicked in, I feel like super woman after that LOL.

I am hoping that is the case. I have experienced the same with normal cutting. As soon as I carb back up, strength comes right back.

On this diet, there are no re-feeds. Lyle does not recommend more then one cycle for someone lower then 15%bf. You just run it a straight 10-12 days with no re-feeds.

Beginning of day 4:

Down .5lbs from yesterday.
Total loss 8 lbs in 3 days.

I think water loss has stabilized. (I can tell by how my watch fits that I am pretty dried out. Ankles look skinny as a girl too ;)

Muscles are flat and deflated, but definition is up a good bit. (especially in the legs). They are back to where I was at the end of my 10 week cut this winter. AMAZING in only 4 days. Striations, veins...etc. I know I am in ketosis as my wife was asking why my breath smelled so bad.

Joint pain is TERRIBLE. Shoulders ache as well as hips. Again, I think this is a function of water loss. (I experience the same feeling on extended deficits). I am also experiencing muscle cramps fairly easily. I bent over to put my shoes on and had my abs spasm out pretty hard. I had to very quickly relax and stretch them out or it would have doubled me over quickly. Know this, I am being very careful of any strenuous movement. It will be interesting with deadlifts tonight in the gym.

I am actually having a hard time eating. Just eating the protein gets tough. I could not finish all my chicken last night and had to resort to drinking whey to get in my pro. It is good that I have some ON casein on hand. One serving has 24g pro and only 2 g of carbs. On a diet like this, the casein is a preferred protein which is slow digesting. I have also been drinking some of my XF artic lemonade whey during workouts. Add in 14-28g of BCAA per day, and that is how I have hit my protein goals. I really need to get some turkey breast. At least I can snack on that easier.

Even though I am not limited in greens, I have had to force in several servings per day. Again, I am not even hungry in the least. Not even a belly grumble. That is CRAZY on only 800cal per day. Normally cutting on 2400 cal, I am pacing trying to keep busy and out of the fridge. I dont know if this is the liberal use of EC or a KETO diet. It has been over 15 years since I ran a keto diet, so I cant remember.... ( I spent 2 years running CKD in my early 20's)

Last edited:
shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
yup, keto kills the appetite (thank god LOL). I am going to be using extra lean turkey burgers, chicken breast and tuna LOL...maybe some really lean beef or pork....and liquid eggs..lots of liquid eggs. How is your mental capacity? I know when I did the really low carb stuff I would get a little fuzzy,....hope I can work on no carbs LOL.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
yup, keto kills the appetite (thank god LOL). I am going to be using extra lean turkey burgers, chicken breast and tuna LOL...maybe some really lean beef or pork....and liquid eggs..lots of liquid eggs. How is your mental capacity? I know when I did the really low carb stuff I would get a little fuzzy,....hope I can work on no carbs LOL.

To add some variety, I think I am going to go to a restaurant supply place near me. You can buy whole deli meats and just slice them yourself. (I have a slicer). I have in the past bought some top round Roast beef which is 98%fat free, and some turkey breast. They are loaded with sodium, but Lyle Recommends keeping sodium high on the diet. It will be nice for snacking.

As far as mental......I am feeling a little off. I do a lot of design work (3d cad) and home design. I have noticed feeling quite "dull" and a general lack of creativity. On a funny note, in my postings, I am making all kinds of typos! I have to go back and re-read and edit a lot of text. Double typing words.....transposed letters... Yea,.... I would say I am far from my sharpest. ;)

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
LOL! I am a database administrator....I really hope I can keep from dropping anything important (like tables or users) lol

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Day 5

Down 3 more lbs. (I think it must have caught up some water as I was "only" down .5 yesterday.)

Total so far in 4 full days= 11lbs

Workout yesterday was tough. I used 5g dextrose 15min prior. It made me "feel" good. I put 15g dextrose and a scoop of arctic lemonade whey into a intra-workout water bottle. I did 4 sets of deads (2 mod heavy). I worked up to 405 and that is all I felt like doing. I then did light squats with 225. Just 2 sets.

Feeling tired and achy mostly....but OK overall. Food cravings are totally gone. Played in a poker tournament last night and had no trouble avoiding the chips,...etc, even peanut m&m's (a weakness for me ;) ) Would have felt better if I won....but got knocked out just outside the bubble :(

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Not Just 1 peanut m&m? Frigging Frack, that's some determination!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic