Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Protein Sparing modified Fast as done by Lyle McDonald

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I posted this in my journal, but put it here to for those that dont prowl the journals.

Just finished reading the "Rapid fat loss handbook" by Lyle Mcdonald.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-rapid-fat-loss-handbook

I have been forestalling my summer cut as I a have a powerlifting comp coming up this weekend. After that, I have a little catching up to do.

The program is MUCH more then a "fast". There are provisions for different levels of bodyfat as well as training goals. I will be doing it only 11-12 days. I am still well under 15% (around 10% by calipers but it is all in my midsection). I know I am probably not that low....it is just how calipers chart me out.

I will be doing heavy weight training during the program. (Just basic compounds as he recommends. To facilitate this he uses targeted carbs (much like a TKD).

I am thinking I should be able to shed what I want in less then 2 weeks. I am expecting about 20lbs of scale loss and 5-6lbs of actual fat. (or about 2% drop in BF for me at my size) The other 14-15lbs will come back with carbs and water after I go back to a "normal' diet.

Have to get through my comp first, but I will do the program as laid out (including all the sups) along with EC and possibly Y thrown in there. (as directed) I will report back and let you know how it goes.

This will also be great experience as a tool for "making weight" if I compete in the future. I always see myself competing 198, but have found I have made good progress (strength wise) letting my fat drift up a little. Being able to drop back real quick will be a good tool.

This is a current pic I snapped this AM. I am super bloated as I ate Chinese take-out last night. (and fried chicken for lunch ;) ) Anyway.,....not too bad

55fff59e-ef8c-4e73-9375-514878a402b3_zpsa133d123.jpg

This was where I was before the surplus
2013-01-14mid_zps58b383fc-1_zps30e0532d-1_zpsb6b1ce1f.jpg

I will be interested to see what I can do in two weeks!

Last edited:
dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Subbed , good stuff as always Mac

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Gonna bump, im gonna run it for 2 weeks , whynot :)

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Gonna bump, im gonna run it for 2 weeks , whynot :)

Very cool! Love to see how it treats you. I am right behind you. I have a meet on Sat the 4th, then I will spend the weekend figuring out my food / supps. Probably going to start it early next week.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Not planning on logging everything, but just my kick-off to this diet.

It began today! I started morning with my EC. Boy what a kick in the a$$ that is when you have not done it in several months! I like stims, so it is kinda fun.

Breakfast was a 6 eggwhite omelet with green peppers and some fat free cheddar.

2013-05-07111850_zpsb51ef5c8.jpg

Starting my soup base to just have some variety. Chicken stock, with zucchini, onion and celery. I plan on having this whenever just for some hearty feeling. I thought about adding broccoli, but did not want to overpower the taste.

2013-05-07112220_zps1276f965.jpg

Lots of chicken breast in the fridge! Condiments ready! Found some great sugar free / fat free salad dressings and have tons of Spring mix on hand.

I am not going to do the targeted carbs pre-wo or intra for a few days till I know I am depleted. Then I will bring them in.

Will update. I plan in being an espresso drinking fool! ;)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I have been a big fan of Lyle McDonald and Mark Burkham for a few years now. Both of these guys have been very innovative in diet. I have been using an IF diet for the last couple years now with great success.

GL and will be watching this thread!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Day 2

Weight down 4 lbs in first day.

Being on EC really kept the hunger at bay. Being off stims for so long and then jumping full force into EC, my desire to eat was totally crushed. I actually could not hit my protein goal. I just did not want to eat. Good thing I had some casein protein laying around. Intake for yesterday +/- 700 cal.

I did a squat workout yesterday. Going to do my same split but only do my main 5/3/1 exercises and will drop accessory work while on "diet".

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Day 2 almost down. Already sick of chicken! :D

I am thinking of running to the restaurant supply and buying a whole thing of deli turkey that I can just slice and eat at will. They pump enough sodium in it that is stays real moist. And since sodium is not a big issue on this diet it should work fine. I will just find a brand without nitrites and sugar added.

Who would have thought eating around 800 cal per day would be OK. I think the EC is really keeping appetite at bay. Plus all the fibrous veggies keeping my stomach more then full.

It will be interesting to see strength as time goes on. Today was a day off. Tomorrow is an "upper" workout, so I can see how I am doing.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Beginning Day3 Down another 3.5lbs. Total for 2 days=7.5lbs

Hunger much less today. Not even really motivated to eat breakfast.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I love Lyles diets! I have been thinking of giving the rfl a try myself to get a jump on bikini season :) since I am not competing this summer it is a good time to try it out.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I love Lyles diets! I have been thinking of giving the rfl a try myself to get a jump on bikini season :) since I am not competing this summer it is a good time to try it out.

I am doing it for the same reason. I am a little late to trimming down for summer. I held my weight up because I had a PL comp I wanted to do. Now that it is over, I am ready to get a jump on summer!

I figure that in 10-12 days, I should be able to accomplish what I normally do in 8 weeks of conventional cutting (at a 500 cal deficit)

I am expecting around 8lbs of fat loss. With the water swing, it will probably be a 20lb scale swing. The 12lbs will come back when I get some sugars back in me.

I'll keep updating.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Im thinking maybe i should've weighed myself but i quit scales in october ....

Im bloated .. Pickles and pms ... Dammit

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic