Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Progress from the outback

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
It kinda sounds like a splint. Pretty common for ANY runner that lands in an awkward part of their foot. The pain might subside once your body acclimated to the increased workload. If not, additional arch support may eliminate the problem. Good luck.

This is exactly what I was hoping, as my body adjusts the problem goes away with the help of stretching.

Bullmuscle7 thanks very much its actually very very motivating for me having someone comment every now and then I've got to say thanks a lot for that.

One thing that I didn't see coming though was injuries... I knew they would happen but I didn't really plan exactly how bad I would feel after some games haha. I played a game on Saturday and had to come off the field injured, I was playing extremely well, a lot better than I thought I could but I put my body on the line to take a run and as I went to the ground other people fell over and landed on my foot, I'm not sure if it twisted or what exactly happened but I knew straight away it was hurt, at first the team physio and I thought I broke a bone in my foot as I can't put weight on it. Of course, I tried to ignore it and got strapped back up to go on the field again but there was no way I could play, so I got on the piss all night instead attempting to numb the pain the rugby way. I got it X-rayed today and it doesn't look like there is any obvious break, it looks like I've torn a ligament between the big toe and the second toe. Recovery time is 4-8 weeks for full recovery but should be weight bearing properly and light jogging again after a week so I might be back in the game after next a little early if things go my way.

My plan was to do deadlifts and back work tomorrow but I'm going to be struggling enough walking around for work so I think I'll have to adapt things and go for machines and things that wont put additional weight on my foot... Its unfortunate because I love t-bar rows & underhand yates rows for back. I suppose I'll see how I feel, I hope the swelling goes down a bit

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Welcome back, Hoodlum! Going through your notes, I do agree it sounds like shin splints. Not real familiar with them, but I have recently incurred a similar pain after a soccer game. Ibuprofen and a good nights sleep and I am good, but that is temporary so I am now taking a break until summer to give it a chance to heal. Looks like with you subsequent injury you are being fixed to rest it as well. Research shin splints and I am sure you will be good.

Take care of that foot and do what you can, Bro!

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Dang man, I just had a foot ankle injury as well.... Everyone watch your feet! I hope the recovery time is much closer to 4 weeks than 8. Gonna have to keep us posted!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Sorry to hear about the injury hoodlum. Just take it easy.

I'm really glad you are back posting here!!!

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Okay I found out more (bad) news about my foot, at least I'm getting accurate information now. I have what's called a "lisfranc injury" and basically its damage in the middle section of my foot.

images

product_thumb.php

I'm taking the day off work tomorrow to try and get in for scans before the Easter weekend break, if I do then I'll know more but worst case is that it could require surgery. Best case is that it will be a few weeks before I'm advised to wear a shoe again. He has put me in a boot but I can't wear that at work so it would just be a case of serious strapping and as limited movement as possible. He wants me to stay completely immobilised but I'm not sure how I feel about sitting around all day every day, I'm quiet active... I'll keep everyone updated

I thought I was being a bit of a bitch for complaining about a foot injury and that's why I was trying to walk around normally and not really complain but now I know its a fairly serious injury so no wonder it hurts

It's leg day tomorrow so let's see what I can do that wont bring my foot in to things...

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I'm trying to get back on the footy field as quick as possible I forgot how much I loved it and I need the experience!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Yikes! Leg day? Be careful! And get well!

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Okay so I rushed around today and managed to get myself an MRI, the day was a bit of a disaster so didn't really get much food in and didn't make it to the gym. Luckily got in to somewhere that would give me the results by the afternoon. The bad news is that the results confirm exactly what we thought, it is definitely a Lisfranc injury and it looks like I will need to go for an orthopedic review as early as possible next week. I may need surgery. Even without surgery it looks like 4-6 weeks of being in a boot and then from there another month before I'm properly running and training again. It's actually quiet a bad, small injury. I can't do any types of compound leg stuff but I still want to keep up hamstring curls and leg extensions, not really sure what else I can do though. I don't know what I'm going to do for work because I'm on my feet all day, I haven't got enough sick leave for three months off work so got to figure this little pickle out. It hasn't deterred me though, the feeling of being back on the field is completely worth it. I guess for now I'm going to be getting plenty of rest and computer time so I'll see what happens and hope for a quick recovery.

Because I'm stubborn and don't want to lose everything I've built up, is there any way I can keep training my cardio side of things or my VO2 max?
Also, I really enjoy things like t-bar rows for back and things like that, I can't really do those so are there any suggestions for big movements or good ways to train back? Remember even seated row puts a lot of pressure through the feet so I really need some suggestions for back training (I can only think of one arm rows and pullups right now)

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
You might be able to pull off BB rows by putting on knee on a bench. Swimming might work for you continued cardio.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
64CZUvy.jpg

If you want results no one else has you have to do what no one else does! In the gym with my boot on and crutches besides the machine... wasn't the most mobile that day but have to do the hard yards!

Thanks danielrh I've been thinking about your suggestion, I'm worried about balance because if I start to fall I have no real way to stop myself, I can't just shove my foot out... I think I'll have to jump in the gym tomorrow for back and see how it feels and if I can use a bench to kneel on - I hope so!

Chest is up today, let's see how it goes...

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Trying to figure it out and work around an injury is impressive. Most just quit. But not you.

Keep going brother!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic