Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Progress from the outback

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Steady...Steady...Steady wins the day!!!

Great news brother!!!

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Day 31

No notable changes, doing physio exercises as required.

Day 32

Swelling is considerably less than previous, certainly reduced at a much faster rate than normal, doing physio exercises as required.

Day 33

Had the physio today, he isn't happy with the shoes I'm wearing saying that they lack support. I'm living on a shoe string budget at the moment so I'm not rushing off to buy better footwear. I am actually healed past where he thought I would be, have made great progress since last week and really good recovery. My dorsiflexion and strength is my main limiting factors, the strength will come in time and I am still ahead of where we thought I would be for this point in time. Miles ahead of what the doctor wanted and ahead of where the physio planned, making me feel confident I may actually snowboard this year. Dorsiflexion is going to take a bit more work to fix before snowboarding, luckily the style of stiff boot I chose for this year means I don't need too much flexion in the foot but I do need more to be able to pull my toes up, at this point in time when I flex my toes up I get a dull pain on the inside of the foot. I'm concerned this is due to the metal and wont be subject to recovery speed, I get to see the surgeon in a bit over a week so I will speak to him about this. If the case is that there is pain when my foot is flexed upwards I am going to be having a lot of problems toe-side on a snowboard, only solution to take the pressure off is to always ride switch as the weight going through the toes of the less dominant foot takes less pressure but if this doesn't work it will be a major problem.

Day 34

After work with the physio yesterday could almost walk properly today. Absolutely no pain and my flexion is slightly increased enabling me to walk almost normally.

Day 35

Stiffness of foot back to normal. Over time have stopped limping like I was in the cam boot. Still taking conscious efforts to reduce limping and put the body back in to the natural plains of movement.

Day 36

No notable changes, doing physio exercises as required.

Day 37

Have been in a shoe constantly, haven't put the cam boot back on. Getting some pain through the foot, not sure if its due to progressing to a shoe too early and my foot wasn't ready or if it was from something else.
I got my girlfriend to do the same massaging work and stuff the physio did, I can do some of the things myself but need a second person to do it all properly. Just basic massage, manipulating the joints and cruniforms, breaking down scar tissue, etc.

Day 38

Feeling a lot better today, all of the pain I had yesterday is completely gone and I'm actually walking a lot easier than I have been the past few days. Once again I'm in a shoe and not feeling any pain. Starting to get slightly more of a roll on my foot than previous and better dorsiflexion today than the past few days. Going to rule the pain yesterday down to the metal in my foot creating tightness and just needing to loosen that up, I assume this will be a fairly constant thing until the metal comes out. It's started getting cold at the moment so that never helps, it will be considerably colder on my snowboarding trip though so may have to really pay attention to it daily.
Haven't missed any peptide pins lately, two daily injections are a pain but besides a few days (which I noted in this log) I've been very consistent.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Keep up the good work with your training, I wouldn't stress too much about the odd missed session. Happens to the best of us.

Man you are so lucky to be able to train in a gym like that, absolute heaven. Seems like money wasn't an object for the owner, awesome :) Not long now until the Rugby World Cup, man I can't wait. It's going to be good ~ the whole thing is HUGE over here and our boys are more than ready to get stuck in !!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
More good progress. Just stay steady and take it easy. :)

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Day 39 -

Foot felt good through the day, still very limited mobility so did lots of physio work. Stretched it out constantly and used my hand to move it and massage areas.
Had physio in the afternoon - GREAT NEWS - the problem I was worried about with the dorsiflexion at day 33 is not going to be a problem. It is caused by the injury but not a problem from the metal being in my foot, we did some direct work and did some tests. When I started, I put my toes at the wall and with my hips straight tried to touch my knee to the wall, I was about 1-2cm off the wall with my knee, very limited range. The physio did a lot of work on it and then we tried again, I got to 4cm out from the wall which was a HUGE improvement. He kept working on it and I got to 6cm of having my toe out from the wall... that's a huge 8cm improvement! As a reference range, my uninjured foot is 13cm off the wall (could push a little further), I probably need 5-7cm over the foot for snowboarding comfortably before stretching (as I wont be able to constantly massage and work the area in a snowboard boot, its going to need to be good for at least 8hrs while the boots are on). It looks like we should make it

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Hopefully this keeps going well! I'm supporting you!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic