Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Progress from the outback

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ok, here I am - first session back in the gym! Not overloading myself at all, just going through all the exercises really light and F&)K being sedentary really tightens up your muscles. I don't know how some people live like this

Congrats on the return and the peptide news is great!

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks 5.0.

Day 17 -

I feel great, sure getting to the gym felt like I was a fish flopping around on the floor but today I feel better for it. Not so much that I've achieved any growth but just stretching out the muscles has made me feel better. There was no additional swelling of my foot from training, great news. I'm in line to go again today so I'm quiet optimistic. I got my boss (read: girlfriend) to massage my foot last night, it was sore at the beginning and very uncomfortable but after a couple of minutes it felt a lot better and today it feels great, its not as stiff as normal so I'm going to continue with the aggressive recovery. I am going to the physio tomorrow so that will be a good indicator of progress.

At day 28 is where I add in the BPC-157, I'm really considering bringing it forward to day 21 but sticking to my original plan for now. This is where I think the peptides will really have a great effect on healing.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Getting back in is a huge step in the right direction. Be slow and safe!!!

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Day 18 -

No changes in the foot but noteworthy day. Muscles feel a lot better overall from the gym and just getting them stretched out, I've really tightened up all over and feel stiff especially through my back. Need to address this. After the gym, even though it wasn't very taxing I monitored the foot quiet closely, there was no additional swelling or pain - this is great news. It means I can return to some type of gym work and try and hold a little bit of my muscle.

Got in at the physio, was looking forward to checking in on progress. He has treated this injury before and says I'm healing very well, ahead of schedule and snowboarding looks likely if I keep my rehab work up. He showed me the remaining point I'm having pain is a side effect of all the metal in my foot, its because the bones are plated together and doesn't allow the foot to move the way its designed - so I just have to massage the upper foot and forcefully move that with my hand as it wont be getting the movement from regular walking, especially in the camboot.

We've decided to change the recovery slightly and that means changing the peptide regime slightly, I'll rewrite it in a way that's easier to read than before.

Week 1 - 3
TB-500 @ 0.25mg (250mcg) per day, one injection per day
Week 3 - 9
TB-500 @ 0.25mg (250mcg) per day, one injection per day
BPC-157 @ 0.5mg (500mcg) per day, one injection per day
Week 10
TB-500 @ 0.75mg (750mcg) per day, one injection for 4 days then finished
BPC-157 @ 1mg (1000mcg) per day, one injection for 4 days then finished

Peptides finished on Day 4 of Week 10 - also the day I fly out internationally and will not be taking peptides with me, which is why the dosage is increased near the end.

Day 19 -

No changes, foot feels fine after physio and just doing exercises as usual. Haven't made a return to the gym yet, have to get it working back in my schedule again. Not driving myself around to/from work and my car is off the road so no excuses but it's making things harder.

Day 20 -

Didn't get much of a chance to do physio exercises, no pain in foot. Just ran out of time with grocery shopping and cooking meals, etc. I was getting some weird looks at the shops like I shouldn't be out in public with a camboot, or maybe it's because I'm limping - either way, **** them.

Day 21 -

Same as yesterday, didn't get much work in on my foot. Will be able to do lots this week at work so not concerned with giving it a two day break.

Day 22 -

Monumental day, not because of the foot but someone very close to me got presented an Australian honour. Something that's held in very high regard and recognised their continuous contributions over the last 50 years. Unfortunately I didn't get to celebrate with them (although official party planned next weekend) as I woke up to missed calls, one of my friends was in a 7 car accident and was in hospital so I got dressed and spent all day up there. Funnily enough while sitting down waiting for doctors I got some foot exercises in, but in general I didn't get much in. Missed peptide administration.

Day 23 -
Back to normal regime. Admittedly I am a day behind my peptide regime, I missed yesterdays pin's and that was meant to be the start of BPC-157. Going to double up today and stick with it. Not happy that I missed it but life gets in the way sometimes, it wasn't just being lazy. I have a fair bit of desk work on today so going to be doing a lot of exercises with my foot, will update on progress later in the day.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Good news and bad news huh?

But overall good news! And you are healing!!!

Great work brother!

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks bull, you continue to be an inspiration. I train by the philosophy 'train until your idols become your rivals' and have to say your someone that I admire so coming up on you when I'm back big fella!

Side note -

There is still swelling in my foot. It is not the same as normal swelling or the same as it is around the time of the injury, this is swelling that will subside over the period of months. The initial swelling disappeared quiet quickly when I began my peptide regime, the swelling actually disappeared quiet quick however I am not expecting this last swelling to be fully dissipated before snowboarding. If it is, it would have dissipated at 2-3x faster than normal which is a big ask.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Day 24 -
Getting lots of physio and forced movement stuff going on for my foot, not much strengthening yet but I can tell the foot is getting stronger anyway.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
"Progress" is good. Just like your thread name!

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Day 25 -

This might be mental but starting to see some strength come back in the foot. Able to walk without the boot a bit more comfortably (definitely need the boot on majority of the time for now, just leave it off for small trips to the bathroom/shower). Got in to the gym yesterday, it felt weird not having a defined program but just did some exercises and stuff that I thought would help loosen my muscles up, as the focus now is recovery and not growth.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Good work!!! Maintain confidence but be careful brother!!!

Your recovery is amazing !

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Day 26 -

Another visit to the physio today, all good news. About as far along as we want to be and things are on track for snowboarding. Have really bad dorsiflexion which is going to be a problem however now is the time for me to start strengthening the supporting muscles in my leg that have weakened (glutes, etc). This coming week I will begin to get back in to a shoe only on flat ground inside, nothing outside.

Day 27 -

Normal day, nothing noteworthy

Day 28 -

Pretty hungover, spent most of the day in bed. My foot was actually pretty sore this day but I believe it was due to dehydration from the drink.

Day 29 -

Foot not hurting, putting it down to dehydration from excessive celebration drinks but still wanted to note. Began walking around the house in a shoe, actually feels a lot better than I thought, I'm definitely ahead of where we thought I was in terms of recovery. It is rather uncomfortable to walk in a shoe at the moment due to the boot making me adapt and favour my left side to walking, I'm still walking around with a bit of a limp and its a conscious effort to walk 'normally' because my body has been out of sync due to this boot. The only limiting factor I see is very bad dorsiflexion stopping my walking, besides that there isn't any pain. Must note though, I am still walking with a limp and most weight on heel & outside of foot, poor flexion does not allow rolling foot as normally would happen, also the abundance of metal in my midfoot may prove to be a problem here, luckily if the strength is built up this shouldn't be too much of a problem in stiff snowboard boots (I'm wearing brand new DC judge's).

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Day 30 -

Definite progress being able to walk. I feel like this is the next big step forward, this is going to get my strength built up and I didn't think I was at this level of recovery but I am. Very good news, just need to do lots of little walks and not push it too far, try and correct my posture and improve flexibility - full steam on the road to recovery

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic