What's New?

Pop Under Bottom Rib/Abdominal Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I very much doubt you really have torn any cartilage POB, ribs can be 'adjusted' like vertebra.
It is very likely that your breathing and pulling on the bar simultaneously 'adjusted' a rib, I have done this umteen times, and it will feel sore.
Its like the first time you got to the chiropracter and you are sore the next day.
Any theory is plausible and an MRI is really the only way to nail it down.

ICE the shit out of the area dont do anything for the time that would aggrivate it, if you want alternate ice with heat but for now I would be thinking less about etiology and precise prognosis and more about first aid.

Thanks bro, hoping you'd chime in on this... Icing it now. If I put some light pressure on the area to support it, then everything seems fine so who knows...

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Thanks bro, hoping you'd chime in on this... Icing it now. If I put some light pressure on the area to support it, then everything seems fine so who knows...

If you tore some cartilage, you would know that shit hurts like a mofo. Im sure theres probably some inflammation, the real tell will be tommorow morning when you wake up and its had time to sit and 'stiffen' then you will be better able to guage how bad its gonna be, the first aid will cut down on that for sure.
Maybe even take an NSAID tonight before bed, and if you have some icy hot or something to keep the circulation in that area for a while tonight during sleep.
Let us know how it feels tommorow AM.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you tore some cartilage, you would know that shit hurts like a mofo. Im sure theres probably some inflammation, the real tell will be tommorow morning when you wake up and its had time to sit and 'stiffen' then you will be better able to guage how bad its gonna be, the first aid will cut down on that for sure.
Maybe even take an NSAID tonight before bed, and if you have some icy hot or something to keep the circulation in that area for a while tonight during sleep.
Let us know how it feels tommorow AM.

No icy hot but I've got equi block. So I'll rub that on, take some naproxen and pray!

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I had a similar injury from a rodeo collision i had last spring. I seperated the ribs from connective tissue and you could actually feel them overlap one another when i moved wrong. That sound like what youre experiencing?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I had a similar injury from a rodeo collision i had last spring. I seperated the ribs from connective tissue and you could actually feel them overlap one another when i moved wrong. That sound like what youre experiencing?

I would say by the footage of your accident, it doesn't really qualify as a legit rodeo

Fat Girl Faceplants Off a Mechanical Bull - YouTube

But for real, what you described doesn't really sync up with my thing.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
The only way to know for sure is to go see you doc and get some films or a MRI done. What might hurt like a mofo to one person might be just uncomfortable to someone else. Much depends on ones pain tolerance and how their nerves and vessel are in the area. One thing I learned long ago when diagnosising and doing surgery is that most bodies dont read the text book on how exactly things should be. When I had surgery on my knee the doc was amazed that I was walking as good as I was and without a limp.

If it is still bothering you in a few days go see your doc and get someones thoughts who can actually see and touch and properly diagnose. :)

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I would say by the footage of your accident, it doesn't really qualify as a legit rodeo

Fat Girl Faceplants Off a Mechanical Bull - YouTube

But for real, what you described doesn't really sync up with my thing.[/QUOTE

Well it was a similar movement to a dead lift that caused it. If your not hurting to bad by Friday then your good. I wasnt able to breathe fully for around a month. Good luck.

jesus christ i hope to hell I don't have that then!!!!!

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
The only way to know for sure is to go see you doc and get some films or a MRI done. What might hurt like a mofo to one person might be just uncomfortable to someone else. Much depends on ones pain tolerance and how their nerves and vessel are in the area. One thing I learned long ago when diagnosising and doing surgery is that most bodies dont read the text book on how exactly things should be. When I had surgery on my knee the doc was amazed that I was walking as good as I was and without a limp.

If it is still bothering you in a few days go see your doc and get someones thoughts who can actually see and touch and properly diagnose. :)

Yeah, I think I said that allready.

I very much doubt you really have torn any cartilage POB, ribs can be 'adjusted' like vertebra.
It is very likely that your breathing and pulling on the bar simultaneously 'adjusted' a rib, I have done this umteen times, and it will feel sore.
Its like the first time you got to the chiropracter and you are sore the next day.
Any theory is plausible and an MRI is really the only way to nail it down.

ICE the shit out of the area dont do anything for the time that would aggrivate it, if you want alternate ice with heat but for now I would be thinking less about etiology and precise prognosis and more about first aid.

Last edited:
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
You should get an MRI done bro.

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
sounds to me like you slipped some cartialage against bone

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
if the pain persists, ya get some films. but my guess is it'll go away no big deal

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.