Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Please do not buy from pet breeders

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I had 2 APBTs one was a rescue 1 was ADBA registered, I trained both as working dogs, extremely loyal, great dogs both of them, sad thing is now we have the BSL bullshit here. No matter what route you take, do your research know your breed and at the very least take some obedience courses so you know how to properly train your dog on the basics.

I plan on getting a dog once I move, I'm a fan of bully breeds and too much bullcrap goes on here to put a dog through that. It's like k9 racism.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I thought you had already bought one?

Son bought one he picks it up next week, I am looking for a Black and White one. The problem here is Breeders want to give you a limited registration which sucks. I am looking for one with a Full Registration.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
I have 8 big dogs in the house LOL... we've been doing rescue work for over a decade, we've done allot of Rhodesian Ridgeback rescue but we've done rescues from the other side of the world, some folks here have seen the videos. Definitely lots of dogs that need homes and they certainly give back more than they take. Can't imagine a day without a dog or what it would be like to wake up by anything other than a cold wet nose in the eye, LOL...

I have a feeling I may be competing with that number soon lol. I told my fiance if she thinks about our dogs control out life. We moved from our old house this one so we could have a fenced yard for them. I bought a truck cause 3 80lb dogs didnt fit well in a medium sized car. The home we rented to have our wedding had to be pet friendly so our dogs could be in our wedding etc lol. All there meals are hand made, shit they eat healthier than us and I wouldnt have it any other way.
Im so glad everyone else feels the same way. I look at the list everyday of available dogs and constantly try to find friends that would be a good match. I wish I could do more, I will find a way to soon.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Son bought one he picks it up next week, I am looking for a Black and White one. The problem here is Breeders want to give you a limited registration which sucks. I am looking for one with a Full Registration.
Are you wanting to breed them?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
My parents have 4 rescue dogs and 5 rescue cats. If I had a farm I'd adopt a dozen dogs. Watching the ASPCA commercials make my eyes well up every time I see it. I couldn't give a rats ass about people on this earth (other than my wife and family) but I hate to see any animal suffer.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Great post. I have 2 weimaraners and a mini pincher. Our next dog is going to be from a shelter, probably another weimaraner. My wife works with animals, and we actually foster dogs when they come into her work. They usually get adopted out pretty quick. Its a shame some of the stories I hear..Last dog we took in, someone dropped him off at the side of the road, and drove off..A puppy mine you, that should have been with his mother still. He had to be bottle fed for a few weeks..Healthy now, and in a new family..

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Great post. I have 2 weimaraners and a mini pincher. Our next dog is going to be from a shelter, probably another weimaraner. My wife works with animals, and we actually foster dogs when they come into her work. They usually get adopted out pretty quick. Its a shame some of the stories I hear..Last dog we took in, someone dropped him off at the side of the road, and drove off..A puppy mine you, that should have been with his mother still. He had to be bottle fed for a few weeks..Healthy now, and in a new family..
If you like weimaraners you will like this, the owners of this place have a special place in there hearts for them so they rescue tons of that breed: Adoptable Dogs | Big Dog Ranch Rescue
I love the mastiff on here name squish also, she is a huge roly poly lol.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
One more bump so people see this before the holidays. Dont buy from Breeders Please Please Please!!

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
one more shameless bump. I just wanted to say the place I like to help "Coastal Boxer Rescue" placed 180 boxers in permanent homes this yr. That is awesome. Its sad there are that many stray dogs of just one breed in the south east corner of a state.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
boxers are so popular that people way overbreed them. they are one of the top breeds adopted out of our pound here in smallville. it never ceases to amaze me at the people who pay $50 for one in the walmart parking lot and then want to leave it intact so they can breed it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic