Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Please do not buy from pet breeders

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I volunteer at the local shelter. I feel bad about not being able to take them home, but I walk out the door feeling good that I was able to walk/play/interact with them. It sucks they live in a small cage because their owners were assholes and didn't fulfill their obligations to their pet.

I get pissed when I see people drop off dogs they've had for years for bullshit reasons. Many of them are pits, and unfortunately, pits often will die in the shelters.

I'm with you mpress, I donate lots to animals...but not a penny to medical or human related charities.

If you care about animals, I highly suggest you visit the local shelter to drop off some food, newspaper, or to walk the dogs. The animals will appreciate it.

airagee23

airagee23

MuscleHead
Dec 27, 2010
Awesome post. But theres no way I can open that link. I just lost one of my 2 Danes. I miss him everyday.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Awesome post. But theres no way I can open that link. I just lost one of my 2 Danes. I miss him everyday.

no dog will ever replace the one you just lost but a new dog will bring happiness the old one never did in a different way. Ea. dog we rescue you has its own quirks i guess wed call them that make us laugh so much. I bet your friend you just lost would love for you to help another that is in need. We lost our boxer a few months ago on a wed and had another adopted by sunday. Nothing will bring him back but i wont let that not allow me to help another. Needless to say we still miss him so much ( i get teary eyed writing this) but we are so happy with are new rescue at the same time.

airagee23

airagee23

MuscleHead
Dec 27, 2010
no dog will ever replace the one you just lost but a new dog will bring happiness the old one never did in a different way. Ea. dog we rescue you has its own quirks i guess wed call them that make us laugh so much. I bet your friend you just lost would love for you to help another that is in need. We lost our boxer a few months ago on a wed and had another adopted by sunday. Nothing will bring him back but i wont let that not allow me to help another. Needless to say we still miss him so much ( i get teary eyed writing this) but we are so happy with are new rescue at the same time.

Your absolutely right bro. I think that when I get another Dane Ill go thru a Dane rescue.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I always counsel my clients to get a new pet. You don't replace the old one or the one that was lost but animals bring so much joy to life. Especially for older clients, they need the companionship and the love. And there are always older dogs that are already house broken that will work perfect!

F

FitnessFreek

Dec 11, 2011
Great post man. If everybody thought like you, maybe the situation wouldn't be so bad. Even homeless people take care of their dogs...some people are just ignorant and drop the dogs off without any reservation...

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Couldn't open the link either, too much of a softy when it comes to dogs, good post bro.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I have 8 big dogs in the house LOL... we've been doing rescue work for over a decade, we've done allot of Rhodesian Ridgeback rescue but we've done rescues from the other side of the world, some folks here have seen the videos. Definitely lots of dogs that need homes and they certainly give back more than they take. Can't imagine a day without a dog or what it would be like to wake up by anything other than a cold wet nose in the eye, LOL...

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Your absolutely right bro. I think that when I get another Dane Ill go thru a Dane rescue.

I thought of you the other night when we had a stray Dane come to the clinic. The owners came a few days later. We have lots if Danes in the area and a lot that end up in the pound because people can't care for them so when you are ready let me know and I will see what is around. People breed them and them can't sell them and end up giving them away at walmart to people who shouldn't have them.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic