pbtom
What's New?

Other Uses for Machines/Devices @ Gym

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Lots of times you have to switch up a workout program to challenge your body and keep it guessing so you can continue to make progress.
What I like to do at the gym is get creative with the machines/devices.
Lately i've been on a glute kick. There are a couple of machines at the gym where i think i can convert into a glute bridge move. LOL. One of them i tried out and works out pretty well. Its the standing hamstring curl. As it has a padded thingy that would be nice on the lap/top of legs. Next time i'm at gym i'll take a pic of the machine i'm talking about lol.

So.....what are other uses for machines that typically only have 1 intended use?

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
The horizontal pad preacher curl machine doubles as a triceps extension. Oh and I for one like padded thingies ;-)

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Wiener arm dorks doing stupid shit at the gym...

Good news is: there wasting oxygen once and I never see them again.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Lots of times you have to switch up a workout program to challenge your body and keep it guessing so you can continue to make progress.
What I like to do at the gym is get creative with the machines/devices.
Lately i've been on a glute kick. There are a couple of machines at the gym where i think i can convert into a glute bridge move. LOL. One of them i tried out and works out pretty well. Its the standing hamstring curl. As it has a padded thingy that would be nice on the lap/top of legs. Next time i'm at gym i'll take a pic of the machine i'm talking about lol.

So.....what are other uses for machines that typically only have 1 intended use?
I would like to see a picture of the machine your talking about and see if I have it at my gym, to see if I can figure out how you use it as a glute bridge exercise. I hate doing glute bridges with a DB on my......lap it just looks funny when a dude does it. Good thing is my wife has noticed my little quasi bubble-butt growing, so I know these exercises (glute briges, hip thrusts and DB sumo deadlifts) are working!!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
The only forgivable “repurposing “ in my gym is Bent Over Rows in the Smith (to keep the power racks empty for squats) and Shrugs in the Hammer Flat Bench (Horizontal Hammer Press). Anything else will get you slapped (by the appropriately gendered representative).

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I would like to see a picture of the machine your talking about and see if I have it at my gym, to see if I can figure out how you use it as a glute bridge exercise. I hate doing glute bridges with a DB on my......lap it just looks funny when a dude does it. Good thing is my wife has noticed my little quasi bubble-butt growing, so I know these exercises (glute briges, hip thrusts and DB sumo deadlifts) are working!!

Will try and get a pic tomorrow and post. Hey them glute bridges are highly effective for anyone dude. Glad you are doing a bunch of things and it is working.
I usually do glute bridges with a barbell on lap.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I do shrugs on the standing calf raise machine.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic