Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Other Hobbies - What are you guys/gals into besides lifting?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Dogs. Rescue dogs. Mixed breed, most are black, all but one are special needs, most are obvious physical stuff, two are behavioral, one of those is both. Figure if you're gonna rescue, might as well go for the ones other ppl won't. Victims of brown recluse spider toxin, cars, owner abuse, coyote attack, shotgun and cancer. I will never be invited to the westminster dog show, and prbly never own a Rolls Royce, though I notice all my veternarians do lol.

Your good people .

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Your good people .

ty, but I don't deserve that. I have posted something like that on a few similar threads on a few similar boards, and it's not cause I'm after an attaboy. I'm just so damn proud of them and their little spirits I can't help myself. There is also the matter of me being a real POS in most matters, this is the only thing I'm sort of proud of. Never my intention to balance the books before those mythical pearly gates, but I do have a lot to atone for, maybe the furbabies will speak on my behalf when I most need references.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Dogs. Rescue dogs. Mixed breed, most are black, all but one are special needs, most are obvious physical stuff, two are behavioral, one of those is both. Figure if you're gonna rescue, might as well go for the ones other ppl won't. Victims of brown recluse spider toxin, cars, owner abuse, coyote attack, shotgun and cancer. I will never be invited to the westminster dog show, and prbly never own a Rolls Royce, though I notice all my veternarians do lol.

I'd like to pick you brain sometime. I have a special needs APBT that's allergies cause her to break out constantly.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
would love to help, really, but my pack has somehow dodged the allergy bullet. I play with the dogs and love on them more than most folks do, dogpark, woods, river, everything but polar icecaps, feed them well, spend enough time at the Vet that I'm something of a joke there, but allergies are not part of my experience.

overdue for bed, or else I would have the sense to not include this, but we didn't start referring to them as a pack till we were up to 4 or 5. Called them The (my last name) Pack, then it became The Six Pack, with the accompanying joke I guessed it was the only six pack I'd ever have. One more and it was of course The Magnificent Seven, but I kinda ran out of cutesy names when 8 and 9 arrived. That has since regressed to 7 again with normal mortality, guess I can rework previous pack names, but it's sadder on the way down.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
ty, but I don't deserve that. I have posted something like that on a few similar threads on a few similar boards, and it's not cause I'm after an attaboy. I'm just so damn proud of them and their little spirits I can't help myself. There is also the matter of me being a real POS in most matters, this is the only thing I'm sort of proud of. Never my intention to balance the books before those mythical pearly gates, but I do have a lot to atone for, maybe the furbabies will speak on my behalf when I most need references.

I'm the same way. Soon dad and I are going to the pound. I want to adopt an older dog. They are good amigos.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Crappies bones are so soft you don't have to worry about them.
Honestly the post about eating the tail made me really want to eat one. Never had it, but I bet they just crumble in your mouth like chips... or "crisps" for the fellas in England.

Okay I'm hungry now even though I'm kinda nauseous. I'm going to have to go fishing here for the first time in over a year so I can try this.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I'm the same way. Soon dad and I are going to the pound. I want to adopt an older dog. They are good amigos.

"an older dog" is a special need in itself, even with no other problems. They are much less likely to get adopted and can wither and die while all the puppies at the pound get adopted out from under them. Puppies are cute, but the little fckers can wear you out for that first year or so and do a lot of damage to furniture, woodwork, anything within reach.

GermaniaK

GermaniaK

Apr 19, 2014
Fishing, hunting, wood work. Been getting into furniture restoration through my interest in mantiques. Also love DIY gym equipment. The feeling you get from using a masterpiece you built is very satisfying.

Later on when I get a welder I'll be jumping more into metal fabrication.

Also love chilling with the dog and the GF.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Fishing, hunting, wood work. Been getting into furniture restoration through my interest in mantiques. Also love DIY gym equipment. The feeling you get from using a masterpiece you built is very satisfying.

Later on when I get a welder I'll be jumping more into metal fabrication.

Also love chilling with the dog and the GF.

So you will be a true Renaissance man only with a welder. LOL. I hope you are happy to hear this (and not your tight little ass) is the real reason I like you so much. . .

Last edited:
Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
So you will be a true Renaissance man only with a welder. LOL. I hope you are happy to hear this (and not your tight little ass) is the real reason I like you so much. . .

Awkward...........

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic