Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Other Hobbies - What are you guys/gals into besides lifting?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I have all boys and we love our toys; specifically R/C trucks.

My oldest is 23. When he was 12 I bought him an HPI Nitro Rush. We had a helluva lot of fun with that truck when he was a young teen.

7175_01.jpg

rear.jpg

My youngest will be 10 this summer. Started him off easy last Christmas with an electric truck; Traxxas Rustler XL-5. Then I got him a Traxxas Mini E-Revo VXL (Very Fast) for his birthday and for myself a Traxxas Stampede VXL 4x4.

3705%20-%20White.jpg

51Hh1SIK4LL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

category275.jpg

The electrics are fun and easy, and very fast these days, but I really wanted another Nitro, so I bought an HPI Savage X 4.6 last weekend:

IMG_0315a.jpg

IMG_0316a.jpg

The break-in period is painstaking (2 full tanks of fuel at idle up on blocks and two more tanks low speed figure 8s), but it's been completed as of last night.

Tomorrow I am tuning it and taking it to the BMX bike park to give it the first real bashing session; lots of big mounds and a nice banked curve.

I hope to have a vid (if Mrs Flex can come with me) of some serious jumps.

Here's a lame vid from last Sunday doing the idle with the wheels up.

Boring.....

Hard to tell from that vid but it's loud as hell; I'm sure my neighbors are not impressed (not that I care :) )

Anyone else have a Hobby they want to share?

Last edited by a moderator:
FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
8 pic limit.....here's two more...

IMG_0317a.jpg

IMG_0318a.jpg

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I used to stomp those things for jaggoffs smashing them into my trail features and not fixing what they **** up.

Make sure it's okay to use those where you are and offer to help fix what you trash. Those trails are a lot of work.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I used to stomp those things for jaggoffs smashing them into my trail features and not fixing what they **** up.

Make sure it's okay to use those where you are and offer to help fix what you trash. Those trails are a lot of work.

It's a public park and we've taken the electrics there many times and no issues; I can't imagine how one could possibly wreck mounds of dirt that bikes run over with a truck that weighs a few lbs.....

There is also a outdoor R/C track near here. It's got a raised platform maybe 12 feet so you can see your truck from above at all times. Just sucks if you flip it you gotta run down again.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I have a rustler as well my boy has torrent and a CRC expensive but a blast

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
i like graphic novels and books.
i like painting, drawing, graphic design and screen printing.
i used to rap, produce and engineer too, until i had kids... having kids kinda squashed all of the above.

now i work and **** around with the little ones, try and get some ass late night from the wife. fun life.

P

pakina9

Mar 20, 2013
Riding my Harley thru the hill country with my bros..camping with the kids in my 30' camper..water skiing & tubing with the kids in my ski boat...anything outdoors to keep the kids & myself active

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Trap shooting and wood working. Dont do either as much as I used to but do when I can...

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Duck Hunting, Dog Training, Building Bikes, Snowboarding

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I love RC also flex. I have a remote controlled helicopter. I think it's over a foot in length..... Yea I can't fly it very well. Haha

Hobbies, in no certain order: jiu jitsu, boxing, riding motorcycles, cars, working on cars,
flying ( don't get to do this much, it's really expensive).

I wanna go sky diving in the future.

Pretty much anything on wheels with a motor !

On a side note: about 4 weeks ago I was going to Kroger. There is a large RC airplane club right before you get to the store. On my way I saw what looked like an average sized helicopter in the air. I always glance at the field when I go by. I realized it was an RC helicopter! It was huge.

So I'm leaving the store, and I am passing the field again. Now they are leaving and the helicopter is loaded into their pickup truck. (1/2 ton , 6 foot bed). It takes up the whole space, front to back. The helicopter is so big, they have to two the rotors off when it's in the bed. It's so tall that you can see half of it sticking up past the bed! It was yellow or red. I can't remember. I tried doing a search for it, but I didn't look very long. I'm gonna search again and see if I can find it. I would guess this is at least an $8,000 helicopter.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I read a lot, and anything. I'm learning to play for the piano for a wedding and trying to make an album. I help people with home projects and do volunteer work. Always on a team for something, broomball, softball, lacrosse, dodgeball. I live an active life; no kids so I'm fairly free to do these things.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic