Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Other Hobbies - What are you guys/gals into besides lifting?

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
"Karate Basketball football" Combined? That is a brutal ass sport... :)

Practiced martial arts for 20 years. I was never in better shape. Resting heart raet was 55-60. I'd like to find a good wing chun school.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
I got 10 minutes to myself the other day, I had no idea what to do with it so I wasted it away trying to think of a way to just relax.
Hey brother posting on your favorite BB board is a hobby too. Looks like you have done well.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
But, I've kind of fallen in love with my Impreza and am seriously thinking about selling the Stang and starting to save of for a new STI in a couple of years. Decisions decisions...

You could pick up a nice 07 STI for about $10-15k I think. Do you like that model?

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Me too man, that was a blast! What happened to the slot car tracks!?

I saw one not long ago, I don't know if it has caught on. Lots of other similar hobbies now. It was very competitive, we won most of the time, although he did most of the work:)

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I cherish those memories.

Me too man. I couldn't wait until Saturday night. We would either be going to the slot car place to run my car or bowling, or the driving range or the movies.

Those were fun times and a lot less stressful. All I had to worry about was making sure.my homework was finished and I had studied for my test.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
What is slot car racing ?!

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
What is slot car racing ?!

Do you remember the race tracks we used to have when we were kids? They were little cars on a track you put together? They had two remote controls on them.

Slot car racing is like that but the car and track are pretty large and reach up to 30-40mph. You have to balance the throttle on the corners or the car can come off the track. Before we would run the car there was this glue we had to put on the tires to help it stay on the track. Its a lot of fun man.

They even have drag racing slot cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
You could pick up a nice 07 STI for about $10-15k I think. Do you like that model?

I do, but that motor is notorious for head gasket issues. And besides in two years I should have the base model paid off and I'll get a good trade in price for it on a low mileage fully loaded 2014 STI Hatch.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Dogs. Rescue dogs. Mixed breed, most are black, all but one are special needs, most are obvious physical stuff, two are behavioral, one of those is both. Figure if you're gonna rescue, might as well go for the ones other ppl won't. Victims of brown recluse spider toxin, cars, owner abuse, coyote attack, shotgun and cancer. I will never be invited to the westminster dog show, and prbly never own a Rolls Royce, though I notice all my veternarians do lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic