angelarbatt
What's New?

One of the most talked about supplements recently is ZMA

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Maca and DAA have been shown to increase PRL

But PRL induced gyno from them are unheard of, that's really odd. Than again, like stated earlier, it may have just been PRL buildup

flex001

flex001

May 15, 2013
I'm a fan of DAA. Personally though, if I'm not running anything or if I'm taking a break from TRT cruise, I just take Clomid. Works great for me.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I used it and liked it. Obviously I didn't have it tested but I've been training for many years and used it prior to going with stronger sups. I felt stronger had good workouts and sleep benefits as well.

You don't have to make it complicated bro just pick some up and try it. No need to add this and that to the mix, then it becomes work. Use as directed. I didn't see a difference by taking more then the recommended amount.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Maca and DAA have been shown to increase PRL

But PRL induced gyno from them are unheard of, that's really odd. Than again, like stated earlier, it may have just been PRL buildup

I'm not taking any of that now. Wondering if I should try some caber.
I don't want to kill my drive with imbalance because I seem pretty balanced now that I'm not taking those but
the pea sized lump is still there but not that noticeable. Been putting off going back in to the endo :/

Would like to try that combo again but with something on hand this time. I didn't expect that at all. Got me by surprise.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
The biggest boost I get from ZMA is due to the induced deep sleep. Nothing much aside that but I like the deep sleep so I take it.
I agree with you flex. that's the main thing I remember noticing from taking ZMA. The only other supplement that seemed to enhance sleep/recovery in a similar fashion for me was GABA.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
I'm not taking any of that now. Wondering if I should try some caber.
I don't want to kill my drive with imbalance because I seem pretty balanced now that I'm not taking those but
the pea sized lump is still there but not that noticeable. Been putting off going back in to the endo :/

Would like to try that combo again but with something on hand this time. I didn't expect that at all. Got me by surprise.

I'd prefer torem or ralox over a pharma AI.

Sidetracking this a little bit but an interesting read here on natural prolactin inhibitors

L-Dopa tends to be a fan favorite. IE. Dopadex at 500mg pre-bed. But mind you the serum PRL reducing effects will be limited

I agree with you flex. that's the main thing I remember noticing from taking ZMA. The only other supplement that seemed to enhance sleep/recovery in a similar fashion for me was GABA.

A lot of guys are praising this supplement call Abyss Unparalleled, and I have to say, the profile is impressive.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
For better sleep, 5-htp has worked well for me.
I see the supplement you mentioned has 5-HTP in.
It also has Ashwagandha, GABA, and Theanine. Nighty night for sure.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Never been a fan of Melatonin though.
Melatonin at only 3mg is like a tweaked out nyquil.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
I'm with you on that, melatonin doesn't do jack for me, but also I wake up feeling hungover if I use it

L-Dopa is good for dreaming

T

Theintermediate

Nov 4, 2013
My two pence worth is:

The studies behind ZMA are poorly conducted and therefore not really conclusive as to whether it radically improves testosterone levels. They do show some small improvements, but nothing worthwhile.

One thing that is noticeable and certainly within my client base, is that it massively improves sleep and recovery. Topical magnesium does better though. :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic