Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Not so much injured as just sick as a dog

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
When you said Chest infection I thought it could be an allergy to your bra material that's why I wanted to narrow it down to your lungs if that's the issue.
Itchy nipples suck .. excuse the pun

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Yeah the probiotics after a course of antibiotics I think is a must.

Couldn't agree more. There's a rise of AUTOIMMUNE diseases post antibiotics. Doctors blame the infection, but evidence is starting to show a poor gut flora to be a key player in autoimmune disorders. (Which points back to the antibiotic and its clear and wide OVERUSE)

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Couldn't agree more. There's a rise of AUTOIMMUNE diseases post antibiotics. Doctors blame the infection, but evidence is starting to show a poor gut flora to be a key player in autoimmune disorders. (Which points back to the antibiotic and its clear and wide OVERUSE)

More utter opinionated garbage, show me ANY evidence antibiotics increase the incidence or frequency of autoimmune disorders.

Where do you cone up with such absolute BS. That is, if you would read the literature objectively you just might discover ""probiotics" can worsen the signs, symptoms and possibly the disease course of some autoimmune GI diseases, inflammatory bowel disease in particular..

So what's your next piece of advice for the OP discontinue those physician prescribed antibiotics! Alarmists of your ilk can hurt people fella!

Shit with the crap you post I'd ban your ass!

:)

Last edited:
kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
More utter opinionated garbage, show me ANY evidence antibiotics increase the incidence or frequency of autoimmune disorders.

Where do you cone up with such absolute BS. That is, if you would read the literature objectively you just might discover ""probiotics" can worsen the signs, symptoms and possibly the disease course of some autoimmune GI diseases, inflammatory bowel disease in particular..

So what's your next piece of advice for the OP discontinue those physician prescribed antibiotics! Alarmists of your ilk can hurt people fella!

Shit with the crap you post I'd ban your ass!

:)
How can a grown man get so butthurt over someone else's contribution? lol

Jim logic:
*agree that probiotics are beneficial
*know that a healthy gut needs good bacteria
*claim antibiotics (who ERASE gut flora) are not related to immune function

Here's a link you can read if you're interested, (rustled) jimmies

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/05/12/dr-campbell-mcbride-on-gaps.aspx
What is Gut and Physiology Syndrome?

In this interview, we discuss how your gut affects your immune system, as there’s profound dynamic interaction between them. Dr. McBride covers the problems related to Gut and Psychology Syndrome in her first book by the same name. Her next book will cover Gut and Physiology Syndrome, which relates to diseases that are not located in the nervous system but rather elsewhere in your body, such as:

Arthritis
Asthma and allergies
Skin problems
Kidney problems
Digestive issues, and
Autoimmune disorders
Abnormalities in your immune system are a common outcome of GAPS, and such immune abnormalities are at the root of virtually all degenerative diseases.

“Why is that? It’s because about 85 percent of our immune system is located in the gut wall,” she says. “This fact has been established by basic physiology research in the 1930s and the 1940s. Your gut, your digestive wall, is the biggest and the most important immune organ in your body. There is a very tight conversation and a relationship going on between the gut flora that lives inside your digestive system, and your immune system...

Your gut flora—the state of the gut flora and the composition of microbes in your gut flora—has a profound effect on what forms of immune cells you will be producing on any given day, what they’re going to be doing, and how balanced your immune system is.”

http://www.livescience.com/15740-helpful-bacteria-antibiotics.html
""Overuse of antibiotics could be fueling the dramatic increase in conditions such as obesity, type 1 diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, allergies and asthma, which have more than doubled in many populations," writes Martin Blaser, a professor of microbiology and chairman of the department of medicine at New York University Langone Medical Center."

Humans are sometimes called meta-organisms, because of the sheer number and volume of microbes that share our bodies — living in our guts, on our skin, even in our belly buttons. Evidence is building for the benefits these healthy microbial communities offer us. They help us access nutrients, such as vitamin K, and energy from complex carbohydrates. They deter dangerous infections, and recent evidence indicates they help keep at bay multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune disorders. [5 Wacky Things That Are Good for Your Health]

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

Jim logic:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/05/12/dr-campbell-mcbride-on-gaps.aspx

In this interview, we discuss how your gut affects your immune system, as there’s profound dynamic interaction between them. Dr. McBride covers the problems related to Gut and Psychology Syndrome in her first book by the same name. Her next book will cover Gut and Physiology Syndrome, which relates to diseases that are not located in the nervous system but rather elsewhere in your body, such as:

Arthritis
Asthma and allergies
Skin problems
Kidney problems
Digestive issues, and
Autoimmune disorders
Abnormalities in your immune system are a common outcome of GAPS, and such immune abnormalities are at the root of virtually all degenerative diseases.

“Why is that? It’s because about 85 percent of our immune system is located in the gut wall,” she says. “This fact has been established by basic physiology research in the 1930s and the 1940s. Your gut, your digestive wall, is the biggest and the most important immune organ in your body. There is a very tight conversation and a relationship going on between the gut flora that lives inside your digestive system, and your immune system...

Your gut flora—the state of the gut flora and the composition of microbes in your gut flora—has a profound effect on what forms of immune cells you will be producing on any given day, what they’re going to be doing, and how balanced your immune system is.”

""Overuse of antibiotics could be fueling the dramatic increase in conditions such as obesity, type 1 diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, allergies and asthma, which have more than doubled in many populations," writes Martin Blaser, a professor of microbiology and chairman of the department of medicine at New York University Langone Medical Center."

Humans are sometimes called meta-organisms, because of the sheer number and volume of microbes that share our bodies — living in our guts, on our skin, even in our belly buttons. Evidence is building for the benefits these healthy microbial communities offer us. They help us access nutrients, such as vitamin K, and energy from complex carbohydrates. They deter dangerous infections, and recent evidence indicates they help keep at bay multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune disorders. [5 Wacky Things That Are Good for Your Health]

==========
K do you even know what "evidence" is? Hint it's NOT a recital of some blog with their own bias, preferences, personal sentiments whose "efforts" at awareness are funded by those with similar OPINIONS, like you!

I'm refereeing to evidence based peer reviewed scientific journals!

Moreover although the "overuse" of antibiotics has created bacterial resistance there is NO LINK to autoimmune diseases. Please do try again with EVIDENCE

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

Jim logic:

Arthritis
Asthma and allergies
Skin problems
Kidney problems
Digestive issues, and
Autoimmune disorders

==========
K do you even know what "evidence" is? Hint it's NOT an interview or recital of some blog with their own bias, preferences, personal sentiments whose "efforts" at awareness are funded by those with similar OPINIONS, like you!

Moreover although the "overuse" of antibiotics has created bacterial resistance there is NO LINK to autoimmune diseases. Please do try again with EVIDENCE

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
==========
K do you even know what "evidence" is? Hint it's NOT a recital of some blog with their own bias, preferences, personal sentiments whose "efforts" at awareness are funded by those with similar OPINIONS, like you!

Ah, I see. A researcher speaking of her findings are not research. lol

Well stop quoting me Jim, I'm done feeding your ego man. Argue with someone else.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Ah, I see. A researcher speaking of her findings are not research. lol

Well stop quoting me Jim, I'm done feeding your ego man. Argue with someone else.

------------------------

Oh so now you believe I've started a "pissing contest" because I've asked for you to defend your position based on research. I don't care what some one says about "their research" and neither should you, UNLESS it's available for review to all comers, otherwise it has an odd tendency to become "the researchers" opinion.

So post her research K!

Let's she if the evidence supports her (your) rhetoric!

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Ok I've thrown out one warning . I'm banning the next one to argue in this thread from this thread.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Ok I've thrown out one warning . I'm banning the next one to argue in this thread from this thread.

OP but for the diversion were any of your questions answered? (Probably not!)

Apologies fella!

JIM

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

=============================
K

I've started another thread on probiotics ('Fact-Fiction-Farce") in the diet and supplement forum.

It would be great if this discussion begins anew there rather than dying with but even a whisper here.

JIM

Anabolic Reality

Anabolic Reality

Jan 14, 2014
I've been sick through my wedding, over two weeks ago, my honeymoon, now the first week back at work and university.

I'm doing all the right things.
Vit C, no booze, laid off training for bit, generic cold helpers from the chemist, and now I'm getting sicker.
I need ideas coz this doesn't look like it's going away soon. I thought it was a couple of days ago and boom!! Back into the thick if it.
Help!!

I see a doctor. I caught the Epstein bar virus years ago and it almost killed me. You never know until you know.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic