Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

My name is shortz, and I am an addict

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I edited my post. Not sure you will see that. Turns out, the stock AT tires are the same weight as these Nittos!! So I lost 5lbs per wheel in this switch, believe it or not!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Can you do anything with a programmer now that you've added a blower to add some more sauce?

The files were actually uploaded and installed by the Ford dealership. They have a deal with ROUSH to do that for free as part of the supercharger pack when you get it done by Ford. I have a tuner, but I am not messing with it yet. If I go full exhaust and a custom tune, these will put down 500whp and pull mid to high 11s (Mine is a crew cab, so might be a smidge slower) in the 1/4

Mantus

Mantus

Dec 18, 2011
I make high performance connecting rods on CNC machines
and I don't know a damn thing about race cars.. or cars in general..

I can drive them. I'm real good at running red lights

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I make high performance connecting rods on CNC machines
and I don't know a damn thing about race cars.. or cars in general..

I can drive them. I'm real good at running red lights

Well, maybe when I finally break my rods, I'll give you a shout lol Do you make them custom, or are they specced only for certain applications? Rods are almost always the first thing to go when making big hp

Last edited:
TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
Looking good, bro.
Looks like you have the need for speed.

A

Augerdog

Mar 12, 2014
How's the fuel economy? I have a 2012 5.0 I was thinking of doing that also

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
How's the fuel economy? I have a 2012 5.0 I was thinking of doing that also

Averaging around 12.5mpg currently, but thats with about 90% city and 10% highway. WIth 50/50, you will see about 14-15

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
I would not put a Borla exhaust on anything; I've heard one has to TIG weld it on. Stick to Flowmaster or Magnaflow where you can just MIG weld it on. Borla is way overpriced & is not the quality of the 2 mentioned above, just my 2 cents. rt...

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Dude the 0-60 is no joke!

Magnaflow is ok sound wise.

If you want to have more of a rumble sound, see if SLP offers an exhaust for your setup. Flowmaster is good too sound wise. Corsa is probably one of the best ones, but they are also the most expensive.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I love the smooth sound of an S design muffler. Not sure which ones are S designs though, other than the Borla and Mac that I have on the Mustang. The Mac has a lot of drone and I def don't want that on a daily diver

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic