Latest Member
BigFlexRex
What's New?

semaglutide and pancreatitis

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I started SGL 10 wks. ago. Did 12.5, 2x wk. for 4 wks. no issues, then 2.5 2x wk. for 4 wks. no issues. Then I started doing the .5mg x2 wk. Sun. + Wend., 1st wk. fine, however on the second wk. I inj. .5mg Wend. nite, and Thurs late PM I started having the worst pain in my upper middle stomach. I hadn't eaten much all day. It lasted until about 10pm after forcing myself to puke.
I waited a wk. and did a shot of .5mg at nite. Next day after eating a pretty big lunch about an hr. later it started up again and lasted about 6 hrs. again and slowly went away.
Sucks because I've lost 13lbs. Anyone else experiencing this? I've read that the biggest side effect is stomach pain that is caused by acute pancreatitis. Do you think I may be better served by using Retatrutide. THANKS!

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I started SGL 10 wks. ago. Did 12.5, 2x wk. for 4 wks. no issues, then 2.5 2x wk. for 4 wks. no issues. Then I started doing the .5mg x2 wk. Sun. + Wend., 1st wk. fine, however on the second wk. I inj. .5mg Wend. nite, and Thurs late PM I started having the worst pain in my upper middle stomach. I hadn't eaten much all day. It lasted until about 10pm after forcing myself to puke.
I waited a wk. and did a shot of .5mg at nite. Next day after eating a pretty big lunch about an hr. later it started up again and lasted about 6 hrs. again and slowly went away.
Sucks because I've lost 13lbs. Anyone else experiencing this? I've read that the biggest side effect is stomach pain that is caused by acute pancreatitis. Do you think I may be better served by using Retatrutide. THANKS!
Sounds more like gastroparesis, but without testing you won't know. You've probably hit your threshold for the GLP-1 dosing. Same thing happened to one of my clients when her doc upped her dose of trizepatide. She was fine at 2.5 mg/wk and doing well, then her doc upped her dose to 5 mg just bc that's what they do. Second shot landed her in the hospital for 5 days, GI tract locked up. Now they won't prescribe any GLP-1 drugs for her. If her doc hadn't fucked up, she would have been fine. GP is rare but when it happens, you're fucked bc these drugs have a 7d t 1/2. I like the RETA bc the GLP-1 activity is much less then the others and there is glucagon activity that may actually increase fat oxidation. Doesn't mean GP won't happen if you're prone to it, but less likely. Be careful bc it takes several weeks to hit steady state with SEMA, that next inj would put you over the top. These drugs are nothing to fuck with.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
stuff is garbage for me. I wanted it to work, I know it does for others, but what else is new? Everyone is different, drop it and drink more water to avoid hunger...

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Sounds more like gastroparesis, but without testing you won't know. You've probably hit your threshold for the GLP-1 dosing. Same thing happened to one of my clients when her doc upped her dose of trizepatide. She was fine at 2.5 mg/wk and doing well, then her doc upped her dose to 5 mg just bc that's what they do. Second shot landed her in the hospital for 5 days, GI tract locked up. Now they won't prescribe any GLP-1 drugs for her. If her doc hadn't fucked up, she would have been fine. GP is rare but when it happens, you're fucked bc these drugs have a 7d t 1/2. I like the RETA bc the GLP-1 activity is much less then the others and there is glucagon activity that may actually increase fat oxidation. Doesn't mean GP won't happen if you're prone to it, but less likely. Be careful bc it takes several weeks to hit steady state with SEMA, that next inj would put you over the top. These drugs are nothing to fuck with.
They won't even let her reduce the dose to the level sha was ok at? Looks like my max. would be .25 wk. At that dose it eliminated my need for constant snacking which gave me a 1lb loss every 3 days or so. the thing with Reta is nobody seems to have it. I was talking to one of those nurse/docs and he seemed to think the Sema also sped up the metabolism like the Reta does.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
They won't even let her reduce the dose to the level sha was ok at? Looks like my max. would be .25 wk. At that dose it eliminated my need for constant snacking which gave me a 1lb loss every 3 days or so. the thing with Reta is nobody seems to have it. I was talking to one of those nurse/docs and he seemed to think the Sema also sped up the metabolism like the Reta does.
PS carries Reta. Reta also activates the glucagon receptor. My one client that is taking Sema to lower her HbA1c is able to stay very lean year round now, but is still eating the same as she did wo Sema and holds most of her gains from a Var cycle. She also runs TC/ND year round as a base, but when the Sema was added she doesn't even have to try to stay ripped. I think the GLP-1s leverage the insulin responses. Combining low doses of GH, GLP-1, and test seem to provide the best overall bang for the buck/mg.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
PS carries Reta. Reta also activates the glucagon receptor. My one client that is taking Sema to lower her HbA1c is able to stay very lean year round now, but is still eating the same as she did wo Sema and holds most of her gains from a Var cycle. She also runs TC/ND year round as a base, but when the Sema was added she doesn't even have to try to stay ripped. I think the GLP-1s leverage the insulin responses. Combining low doses of GH, GLP-1, and test seem to provide the best overall bang for the buck/mg.
Test cup & deca year round?

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I'm not familiar with 'PS'.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Test cup & deca year round?
Yes, 40 CYP/20 ND M/W/F (total 120 TC/60 ND per week). Will add 12.5 mg VAR for 12 weeks a couple times a year. Adding SEMA has had an additive effect relative to staying hard and really lean in between VAR cycles. Seeing the same in another on RETA, esp with GH. I think the GLP-1s leverage the insulin anti-catabolic aspect, and there is something going on besides appetite suppression because kcal intake is the same. The GLP-1s probably offset the insulin resistance caused by GH.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Yes, 40 CYP/20 ND M/W/F (total 120 TC/60 ND per week). Will add 12.5 mg VAR for 12 weeks a couple times a year. Adding SEMA has had an additive effect relative to staying hard and really lean in between VAR cycles. Seeing the same in another on RETA, esp with GH. I think the GLP-1s leverage the insulin anti-catabolic aspect, and there is something going on besides appetite suppression because kcal intake is the same. The GLP-1s probably offset the insulin resistance caused by GH.
That’s pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing!

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
That’s pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing!
Her labs are pretty much unremarkable. Off the VAR you'd never know she was on anything unless you measure T. Even on VAR her HDL is 49, and other lipids are fine, LFTs unchanged. Only issue is the HbA1c, that's the primary reason for the SEMA. Couldn't tolerate metformin sides. Virilization is mild, some increase in body/face hair. Not much else. If she wasn't so muscular and ripped, you'd never even think she was on T. Genetics. Hb/HCT lower normal as well, very unusual for that dose of T/ND. Everyone is different.

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I looked into sema for my wife, but she has gallbladder issues and that’s a huge concern of mine. She is going to see the doc next week to discuss phentermine vs. sema.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic