jacobss
What's New?

My name is shortz, and I am an addict

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Of powa and fast vehicles!

Putting the Mustang on hold for another project. Supercharging my F150. I just got out of a Duramax that was putting down about 500whp and 1,000 ft lbs tq. Switched to the F150 because they are more comfortable, more room, and the 2500 was only a 2x4 and traction was a bad issue. The new diesels are insanely priced now too, so I won't be buying a diesel again for a very long time.

So the modding has been happening this week. I stopped posting over on the F150 forums because I got shit every time I Posted anything about wanting to get power and some performance out of my truck. So, I figured I would bring it over to where people appreciate all things performance. THis is my DD. I have two little girls that I haul around, and I need a truck to do some light pulling, but at the same time, I wanted to my it a bunch of fun to drive as well.

The day I brought her home.

4C7DFA53-37FB-4658-B695-544AB10E0DC1_zpswe90opmj.jpg

First thing is first. My little girls couldn't get in to the truck, so side steps were a priority.

3F7F4259-BDF8-4FA0-86EB-B22A39FA2052_zpsqcecckc7.jpg

Truck is currently in the garage having the supercharger installed.

1E93CAD1-71D0-4656-BD14-E516DAE0BE1D_zpsiujbig4t.jpg

820AC6B5-E041-4C07-8B0F-C992FB9DAE35_zps5xh24eyg.jpg

Had a bit of a hang up because ROUSH sent two upper left intercooler brackets and we are missing an upper right bracket. Trying to rig something up for now so that we can get this at least driveable. Hopefully they over night it to me, but the customer service guy said it will be up to the warehouse. Huh?

Wheels and tires should be arriving next week. Going with Hostile Hammered in chrome 20x10s and Nitto 420S in 305/50-20. That set up shouldn't give me much of an issue of rubbing.

I haven't decided what I want to do after this. Might get a cat back for an exhaust note, and when I am ready to do a custom tune, perhaps headers. The tuning will just be the ROUSH calibrations for now, since it's a brand new truck and want to make sure to work the bugs out of her before voiding my warranty completely.

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
It's going to be nice Shortz! I have the cat cut off my truck with Flowmasters behind the wheels, cold air intake, & it's been reprogrammed. I have 50' dual row LED lights on the roof with LED's where my fog lights go that are hooked up to my high beams; I light up the night out here in the country! I thought about putting headers on my truck, but my mechanic told me it's not worth the cost; he used to be a NHRA mechanic. rt...

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
title sounds like my first NA meating

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
title sounds like my first NA meating

Naturally aspirated? See!? I have a disorder!

It's going to be nice Shortz! I have the cat cut off my truck with Flowmasters behind the wheels, cold air intake, & it's been reprogrammed. I have 50' dual row LED lights on the roof with LED's where my fog lights go that are hooked up to my high beams; I light up the night out here in the country! I thought about putting headers on my truck, but my mechanic told me it's not worth the cost; he used to be a NHRA mechanic. rt...

Depends on what year. For a 2015 F150, no, it wouldn't. Ford admitted that they were able to use good materials and design of the 2015 exhaust manifolds and so long tubes only add about 5hp. For some other years, you can pick up closer to 15hp with a good tune.

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
Ill be tuning in for this log.

As long as your not driving on the dirt roads a good cold air intake is a good investment. Banks has one that is the traditional set up and has an additional attachment that is a small air scoop that sits right under your pass side front bumper its pretty slick and virtually hidden. Banks super scoop.

its special order for Ford gasers but they have it.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I was going to edit the title of your thread to "addicted to the c@ck" but after seeing the cool truck pics I let it slide ;)

Didn't you put new rims on that truck or are those the new rims?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I was going to edit the title of your thread to "addicted to the c@ck" but after seeing the cool truck pics I let it slide ;)

Didn't you put new rims on that truck or are those the new rims?

No wheels yet. They are on their way as we speak. I was originally going to go with a set of fuel wheels, but I found two issues. 1. They weighed an ungodly amount (51lbs), 2. Almost all the fuel wheels I was interested in are on a 3 month national back order. Instead, I found these. They are Hostile wheels and only weigh 37 lbs. That means, less wear and tear on bearings and a bit more performance. Should have them installed in a week or two.

http://hostilewheels.com/cms_images...le_8015_h103_22x12_armorplate_1310_771_00.jpg

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Dude That's awesome!!

What year is it? I thought the newer F150s had Eco boost?

What is the stock HP right now, and what should it be after the super charger?

How come they were giving you a hard time about making more HP?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Dude That's awesome!!

What year is it? I thought the newer F150s had Eco boost?

There is a 4 cylinder ecoboost, 6 cylinder Eco, and a 5.0, and a 6.2. The 6.2 is a more rare find and usually in a well equipped and over priced King Ranch.

This one is a 2014 5.0

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Yea I think the 6.2 comes in the Raptor, F250, and F350 also.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic