Latest Member
arcticranger

My Better Half 3wks out from TriBeCa NYC show

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Yep. She is a local. And Bev does announce hometown when you walk out.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
not from the 2 teams i know but figures. she knows someone and that is whats so ****ed about the NPC IFBB sometimes

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Question for the experienced:
Let's say the Eastern (NYC) goes along the same lines and I decided to get Kris up into Physique at the local level. Going by the assumption she's too "big" for their tastes.

Down the road, if she could earn a Pro Card for Physique (a stretch for now), could she go pro and go back to Figure? Or is the category locked in?

It just bugs me that the NPC and IFBB aren't on the same criteria for Figure right now. AEB the Olympia winners.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Question for the experienced:
Let's say the Eastern (NYC) goes along the same lines and I decided to get Kris up into Physique at the local level. Going by the assumption she's too "big" for their tastes.

Down the road, if she could earn a Pro Card for Physique (a stretch for now), could she go pro and go back to Figure? Or is the category locked in?

It just bugs me that the NPC and IFBB aren't on the same criteria for Figure right now. AEB the Olympia winners.

She looks like she has the size to do Physique. IMO she probably needs to lean out more to go places w/ Figure. That said, she needs to get the poses under her belt for Physique. Much more complex posing than Figure. But also go back and look at the Physique girls for your local area shows and last year's of your target shows.

Once you hit Pro level, you can go in any category you want or back & forth. You can't do two different categories in the same show however.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
She looks like she has the size to do Physique. IMO she probably needs to lean out more to go places w/ Figure. That said, she needs to get the poses under her belt for Physique. Much more complex posing than Figure. But also go back and look at the Physique girls for your local area shows and last year's of your target shows.

Once you hit Pro level, you can go in any category you want or back & forth. You can't do two different categories in the same show however.

At Easterns she can do both. But in my opinion she would need to be leaner for physique. They like that glute ham shredded.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
My 2c, the posing can make you break you. (that may go without saying) But for instance if you come in hard for figure you have to be careful not to let your delts striate out. Round delt caps for figure are great but by simply pulling the arm back a bit too far, the whole thing striates out and gives a "too lean" look. It's not just delts. Its everything. They want the curve and contour without striation or vascularity.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
from what I've heard from an IFBB bikini competitor, one can earn pro card through bikini and still be an IFBB pro if she decides to convert to figure or physique.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
At Easterns she can do both. But in my opinion she would need to be leaner for physique. They like that glute ham shredded.

I agree. I'm thinking more for next season. She'll stay with Figure for Easterns and maybe the judges will look more favorably on a muscular look. Next year might me the time to go leaner, try physique and celebrate her body not hide it. Her prep coach is IFBB Physique anyway...so it seems logical if the local shows want smooth.
View attachment 5404

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
the only thing i can see that went wrong was she came in to hard. she looks like a WP girl up there. if it were me i would cut back on cardio up my carbs a few. when did she stop training 3 days out ??? side pose have her stand up more and try to air up. have her not pull here arm back so much in the side pose too it makes her delt look hard. in front pose try to flare the quads out to get more sweep. it will give more of an hour glass look. back pose (im looking at the master pics). the tall girl in purple see how she is standing tall and aching her lower back. that will help make the rear delts pop more and give more shoulder cap look. your wife has good glutes the girl in purple not so much so your wife would kill her in this pose. one more thing im no ifbb pro coach just given my opinion for experience. less oil on her delts and quads. quads are super hard and the oil will highlight that. this is just my 2c. talk about it with her and her coach and see what she thinks. anyway out of all the girls she was the most muscular and most conditioned. no matter how she placed you could tell she put in the work and should be very proud. ;)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Thanks for the advice. I also saw the muscle sheen as too much. I guess that's the drawback of having a physique pro prep a figure girl. I think the Easterns will be her last figure show and next year we'll try her in physique. She is a muscular woman (genetically) and I feel like trying to make her look figure us going against her strong points.

I really appreciate all the help TG!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic