Latest Member
jacobss

My Better Half 3wks out from TriBeCa NYC show

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Sorry about the quality, the NPC website pics/MD pics aren't up yet and I suck at photos :)
View attachment 5401
1st & 3rd

All in all not a bad day. 3rd Masters, 3rd Class A & 4th Novice.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I see what you mean Mike. Hard to know what they want. She would have been my pick too

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
I won't pretend to have a clue what the judges wanted. Umm, maybe skinny or misshapen.

Traps to calves, I think she had the better look. Solid work, you guys.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Is this figure or BB? Only FBB has to do a rear lat spread. Not even a mandatory for Physique. (unless I missed something). If you're speaking about the rear quarter turn for Figure - its not technically a lat spread but I get the gist. Back in the day, Figure girls used to pull out some amazing "Y" shapes, but you'd don't see it so much anymore and they actually tell them to not flex so they don't look so muscular. I don't get this because Nicole Wilkins just won the Ms O Figure and IMO she was jacked. None of the other girls were anywhere near her size. I miss the cappy delts!

Looks great w/ the legs coming in nicely. I will just say keep the conditioning coming - when you get the tan on & under the lights, every flaw and watery muscle shows. Make sure the posing all looks natural & comfortable.

Best of luck!

the back pose is a lat spread your just not pulling the lats out with your hands. What would you call the "figure" back pose? You are flexing your lats right? that is what my couch told be a female bodybuilder IFBB pro. as you can see the girl in the middle is not flaring her lats out. that is what i was trying to explain. some girls just cant do it. This is my "back lat spread pose"

iron den back pse.jpg

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I have to agree - no idea how she got 3rd relative to the other girls. The small girl got first? She's sorta lean in the rear shots, but top-to-bottom symmetry isn't ideal - as is typical w/ women, lose bodyfat easier on top than on the bottom. The girl on the left needs to pull out her shoulders and they are both light on good delts.

Eh -- well I guess I'd just keep at refining her musculature and at comp time, bring in conditioning but not getting stringy. Its weird. Esp at the local level. The girls they are rewarding at the local level wouldn't last 2 minutes at the national level.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I have to agree - no idea how she got 3rd relative to the other girls. The small girl got first? She's sorta lean in the rear shots, but top-to-bottom symmetry isn't ideal - as is typical w/ women, lose bodyfat easier on top than on the bottom. The girl on the left needs to pull out her shoulders and they are both light on good delts.

Eh -- well I guess I'd just keep at refining her musculature and at comp time, bring in conditioning but not getting stringy. Its weird. Esp at the local level. The girls they are rewarding at the local level wouldn't last 2 minutes at the national level.

hell yea they would not

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
the back pose is a lat spread your just not pulling the lats out with your hands. What would you call the "figure" back pose? You are flexing your lats right? that is what my couch told be a female bodybuilder IFBB pro. as you can see the girl in the middle is not flaring her lats out. that is what i was trying to explain. some girls just cant do it. This is my "back lat spread pose"

View attachment 5402

I'd honestly call it a rear quarter turn at this point - I'd say going back about 5 years they really started moving away from a true attempt to pull out a wide back, at least in NPC. They encourage girls to just simply NOT flex. And I agree, most women can't do it well, and w/ the move away from "flexing" in the mandatories, the newer girls simply don't know how, and additionally don't spend time developing good cappy delts like back in the day. These weak delts drive me EFFING NUTS. Nothing I hate more than women w/ weak shoulders. Then if their posing sucks, they end up w/ an "O" shape instead of a "Y" shape.

In those pix there's next to nothing I would call "lat" or "spread" on the first two girls. The girl on the left is hunching her shoulders in and the girl in the middle is using her elbows, not her shoulders to pull out anything. The girl in the middle looks better from the front, but from the back I imagine she's hunching some too because she's showing a lot of trap - should see a nice straight line from shoulder to shoulder.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I'd honestly call it a rear quarter turn at this point - I'd say going back about 5 years they really started moving away from a true attempt to pull out a wide back, at least in NPC. They encourage girls to just simply NOT flex. And I agree, most women can't do it well, and w/ the move away from "flexing" in the mandatories, the newer girls simply don't know how, and additionally don't spend time developing good cappy delts like back in the day. These weak delts drive me EFFING NUTS. Nothing I hate more than women w/ weak shoulders. Then if their posing sucks, they end up w/ an "O" shape instead of a "Y" shape.

In those pix there's next to nothing I would call "lat" or "spread" on the first two girls. The girl on the left is hunching her shoulders in and the girl in the middle is using her elbows, not her shoulders to pull out anything. The girl in the middle looks better from the front, but from the back I imagine she's hunching some too because she's showing a lot of trap - should see a nice straight line from shoulder to shoulder.

agree. i would spend hundreds of dollars each month for my weekly 50$ posing sessions. let me tell you its worth it. i cant stand the hunching no rear delt development and not flaring the lats. some girls just don't have the lats to spread i guess. but still. on the national stage its a must to do the back pose properly.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
also the little women i guess she won. she has no lat development from the front ether. or shoulders??? how did she win ????

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
North Jersey local girl and we don't "know" anyone from up there. ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic