Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

My Better Half 3wks out from TriBeCa NYC show

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
NP i hope i was of some help. This was my side pose sorry its so small. just have her stand tall and more her arm froward and bit and she will look perfect ;) i spend a lot of time and money on figure posing lol

fgigureko.jpg

Last edited:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Posing lessons are going to be a Christmas present this year for sure.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Posing lessons are going to be a Christmas present this year for sure.

worth the money and as long as she keeps up practice wise she will always have it

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Its hard for her right now because she is trying to hid her muscle because of "figure" she will do great in WP next year for sure

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I agree - I think she'd have more fun in WPD. She has the size in her legs - you can see she's the only one w/ ham detail in her side poses. She doesn't have a "slight' build and to compete in Figure she's gonna have to up the cardio to burn off some of the quad muscle.

Generally however I would work on building out wider delts to balance the quads. Not as a criticism but Figure is very much about a "Y" shape or at the very least a narrow waist. Not that those other girls are screaming 22" waist but your lady feels a little wider in that area than would be preferred for Figure. This is where if that's just her build - no worries - but then you need to work on creating the illusion of a narrower waist. It really is how you look at her - I dont' think her proportions are bad at all - but the thicker legs are going to make the rest of her look straighter if she doesn't have a structurally narrow waist to begin with. And also going into WPD, you can go a little leaner - personally I can't stand the soft look of many local / regional level figure girls. You can a soft look by pounding a pizza the night before, or just stop dieting at 3 weeks out and be their "perfect look" . To me most of those ladies look like they are 3-4 weeks out. But hey, Im' old school and that's why I never competed in Figure. I much prefer the Figure look circa 2004-ish.

But that's what WPD is for. Bring up the delts width and arm development. Lean the legs out more. Also she's got some big ol' calves which can also contribute to making your legs look blockier. I've got 16" calves so that's my problem for sure. Get 'em sliced up for stage and get some finer detail in the quads and the whole package will look more streamlined as well.

And if you do decide to go w/ WPD, get the posing worked on as well. At the very least, that posing makes you get more in tune w/ your body and develops a greater mind-muscle connection so you know what you're engaging instead of having to work so hard to hide all the detail. Very honestly I use posing extensively to dial in the last several days of competition prep. Its not as much in WPD as it was in FBB, but the idea is the same. Engaging the target muscle, holding it, learning how to hold it for max flex w/ min effort and managing your way thru any cramping. It really goes a long way towards bringing out all that awesome detail. I have actually scheduled several photo shots before / between AM & PM shows to get more posing in and coming in tighter.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Damn bro you both should be proud.. you wife looks great and her conditioning is amazing.. great job on the coaching and prep..

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Ok...one day out. So what was supposed to be her last "Figure" show is now also gonna be her 1st "Physique". Kris got a wild hair up her ass after the judging at the Gold's and decided to last minute enter Women's Physique (as well as do the Open & Masters Figure). 3days to learn a routine and she doesn't look half bad. Legs & Glutes are not as "big" as we'd have ideally wanted, but she's feathered and striated everywhere so WTF right?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
^^^Good for her bro. Wish the best for both of you and hope she brings home a #1

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic