Members
Latest Member
AKC83
What's New?

MOST PEOPLE lift way TOO HEAVY!!

C

ChechenGirlificat

Dec 30, 2012
You need a buddy for trainings , if you want to grow muscles. Have to use very heavy weights after 1-2 warmup sets , you must choose weights you can do only 4-5 reps alone , and together with your buddy for 3-4 reps , totaly 8-10 reps for each set , at the end of sets pumping.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
To to OP, I'd argue that most people don't lift heavy enough.

That's my observation as well.

Dude at my gym has been there as long as me at least and I've been there two years. I see him nearly every morning. Never seen him lift more than the 40lb dumbbells or bench more than 95 lbs, never trains legs.

He's freaking weaker than my GF! And who knows how long he was "training" before I got there...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
You need a buddy for trainings , if you want to grow muscles. Have to use very heavy weights after 1-2 warmup sets , you must choose weights you can do only 4-5 reps alone , and together with your buddy for 3-4 reps , totaly 8-10 reps for each set , at the end of sets pumping.

This is as wrong as the OP. You don't "have to" use any use any one rep range. Each trainee, after enough time under the bar, knows what works best for him/her. As for load, progression is the key.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
There is no one fixed way of training that works for everyone all the time. And individually, there is no one fixed way of training that works for anyone for very long. And even on the same person, at the same time, different bodyparts may need entirely different training methods. Your pecs may need one style of training, and it may be entirely different from what your calves need. Some people dont even have to train their arms, (let alone do 20 sets for their biceps alone) and their arms are their best bodypart.

I see red flags whenever someone claims to know the perfect workout plan for everyone.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010

I don't agree lots of people choose to train alone as I do. Yes I have people in the gym I trust to spot me and by trust I mean to spot me correctly. Doing 3-4 forced reps all the time is counter productive. Perhaps one forced rep.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Anybody that starts off any weight lifting advice with "You have to" is probably wrong. There is no one set way about anything.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Anybody that starts off any weight lifting advice with "You have to" is probably wrong. There is no one set way about anything.
Very true.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I dont train my shoulders or arms heavy cause of previous injuries and tendonitis and people say those are my best muscles so THERE! There's no right way to train, eat, shit, and everyone tolerates shit differently. Broscience is full of blanket statements that sound like regurgitated MD articles. Do you realize you bought the same issue 12 times this year? lol

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
ever heard of ronnie coleman bro? he lifts heavy as hell on about everything.
Ronnie was once asked if he regretted training heavy (because of his back surgeries). He replied, "my only regret is that I didn't train heavier!"

Nov 5, 2011
Ill throw one out there for you. Most of the time I dont even count reps. I go by muscle feel. And after all my stomach surgeries over the past year and 1/2 I am unable to squat 225 but i feel my legs are ok.
8374219185_a83e2f2173.jpg

So find what works for you and work with it. We are all different.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic