Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

morbidly obese Olympian

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
first off you dont know me or who i am RR so there isnt anything you can say to bother me if people dont want opinions then dont post shit up the name of the thread is morbidly obese strong woman period if you all dont want peoples opinions dont post shit up.

Name calling and belittling is what Pissed me off Magnum.

The mention of being over weight is fine, but the other comment is uncalled for bro.

People are always so quick to judge before they realy know the person.

Last edited:
mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
was i posting something about myself if people arent allowed to have an opinion then what is the fucking point of posting something up

I seem to remember you were banned on another forum for having this kind of attitude. Please tone it down.

Amma

Amma

TID StrongWoman
Jul 18, 2011
You seemed to have addressed this to everyone in the thread with a negative tone yet agreed with my point.....I'm confused was this actually to someone specific or did you miss the actual content of what I said?

Nope, didn't miss it at all. And not really directing my comments to you. Thanks for checking. The references to McDonalds, fat pig or whatever it was hidden in logical posts.

As a female lifter, I am SICK of the shit women lifters get. Women who are attractive are applauded for what IMO are shit lifts and they are tokens. These ridiculous women pretend to be strong and guys lap that shit up. The "real" lifters are torn apart, ridiculed and comments about their asses, weight or whatever suddenly become the subject. The lifting is secondary or even third.

Rarely do I read any guy lifting vids and see comments about their asses, guts or whatever. Ridiculous. The Laura Phelps shit today has REALLY pissed me off. People are attacking her for questionable judging. She was lifting, not judging. And then suddenly how hot she is or isn't, how fat she is becomes the subject. It's pathetic and almost always comes from 20 something lame ass losers who don't compete and don't know shit. So....reading this post today just reinforced my intolerance with stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:
NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Laura isn't fat though if shes fat i'm obese, I don't give 2 shits what she looks like that's Shane's dept lol I was not at all disrespecting Holly though, shes hella strong and i don't really care how she looks, was just speaking on the merits of LBM increases over lipid mass. I just want that to be clear to anyone if it was not already.

Weird that ppl get into that discussion....though obesity does come up about male PLers the hot or not thing doesn't as boards are mainly straight (or in the closet) men. I can and do respect some of the pondages these ladies put up.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
And just remember ya call me fat to my face and I'll bite your nose off and put it in your protien shaker when ur not looking!
Honestly being called fat doesnt bother me I know who I am and what I am. But when my lifts are discredited because someone thinks I am a fat ass well that is an issue for me.

Amma

Amma

TID StrongWoman
Jul 18, 2011
though obesity does come up about male PLers the hot or not thing doesn't as boards are mainly straight (or in the closet) men. I can and do respect some of the pondages these ladies put up.

And that's the key right there. Start paying attention to the differences between the discussions. Between the look good/pretend to lift end of the spectrum over to the females who should be seriously competing with the men based off appearances or undergoing some genetic testing. Truthfully I get so tired of it all. I just want to lift, do my thing and celebrate the successes of those who can lift heavy shit. In the end, that's the goal.

And Laura is AMAZING. It takes thick skin to put yourself out there and have to read the crap people say about you. I envy her lifting and dignity and mental strength. I don't think I could handle the crap as well as she has today.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
So I am gathering none of you have watched her on MTV? This girl played high school football and has been an athlete all her life. I am guessing you also know nothing about her nutritional programming and work out schedule/master plan? That's right, you all know more than the staff at the OTC.

She needs to lose weight. Absolutely. She has and last I saw she is. The bitch of the whole deal is that she has and is still more active than probably 80% of you. I am always amazed at how people talk about self control and discipline when discussing weight issues. You appear ignorant and know nothing about this girl, her programming, hormones and the different metabolic issues affecting more and more people. At least she puts herself out there instead of running away from people being ass holes. I am guessing you also missed when she talked about the crap her brother used to and still says to her. You all are no different.

I don't need to watch her, I've met her and lifted with her. I know exactly what her training was a year or 2 ago since I was an Oly lifter and like I said she came to train at MY old gym.

She has lost some considerable weight since she used to weigh around 170kg so I don't discredit that. It's smart she loses the weight so she can live a longer, healthier life. Not to mention she'll become faster and as we all know speed is a very important factor in Olympic Weightlifting. She weighed in around 145kg when I met her and she came to train at John's.

I hate to break it to you but Zigmund has other lifters coming up that he's focusing on and she aint one of them. I had the privilege of training with the #1 female lifter in the US for the past I don't know how many years (Kelly Rexroad). Now SHE is an athlete and so is her husband who just set the American Record for the C&J in the 69kg weight class (Caleb Williams) this past Nationals at the Arnold. Both are very close friends of mine.

I know all to well that Oly lifters are not bbers. The bottom line is how much can you snatch and how much can you clean & jerk. There is a point of diminishing returns though if you want to discuss gaining weight to lift more and Holly reached that point a long time ago.

Yes, she is going to the Olympics which is BULLSHIT (don't get me started on that). Amanda Hubbard should be going since she's NOW the #1 female lifter in the US. Also, someone I know since she competed for my old gym. Holly won't crack top 5 in the SHW but than again neither will Sarah (the other SHW who deserves to go to the Olympics).

Last edited:
M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I used to have a crush on Robin Byrd when I was 12. She broke my heart when she broke my aunts master's record. It's not all about looks.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I used to have a crush on Robin Byrd when I was 12. She broke my heart when she broke my aunts master's record. It's not all about looks.

I know Robin. Her one daughter (Sydney) is a upcoming Oly lifter and is turning heads already. I believe she just set a Amercian Record this past year at State Games.

She wasn't and isn't overweight at all so I don't know where you're going with that one. This is about one lifter is morbidly overweight. It's not about who's most fuckable.

Last edited:
M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I don't know her, saw her lift in Rochester (I think it was Rochester) in the 90's when my brother was competing. She'd always be on the magazines too. Was trying to throw a lighter comment on raw thread.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I don't know her, saw her lift in Rochester (I think it was Rochester) in the 90's when my brother was competing. She'd always be on the magazines too. Was trying to throw a lighter comment on raw thread.

Very cool. How far did your brother go in the sport?

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
He was planning on going to the Junior Olympics when he was 16; broke his back working construction that spring and couldn't compete. His qualifying total was 20Kg over the gold medalist. I think the best he did after was qualifying for nationals (Americans). He was a good lifter; not very strong, just solid technique.

The best lifting he'd do was at the HS though; cut weight down to 123 lbs during the wresting season; and I saw him clean and jerk 260. He's done more than that, but in the 69kg class.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic