arcticranger
What's New?

morbidly obese Olympian

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Nick Mangold

Ummm imho shes just fat. There is no excuse to let yourself go like that. I have seen plenty of Strongwomen/ Men who dont look like total dog shit. Nice lift but you are morbidly obese.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
She's an Olympic lifter, which is funny because when I was being trained in oly lifting last year, I kept hearing over and over how oly lifters are 'athletes,' "unlike powerlifters." Again and again I keep seeing physiques of this sort at the SHW level. I acknowledge her abilities and strength, but not sure the size is conducive to overall joint health and general wellness. Just my two cents.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
And she was at the 2012 olympics? She sounds like a strong person and imo has accomplished one hell of a lot.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I dont know how I really feel about this. I dont think we should be focusing on her bodyfat percentages but yet on her accomplishments.
Great job too her on training for something.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I agree, not backpedaling, she is an Olympic athlete, and you can't overlook her abilities or accomplishments. It's too shallow to view it from just a physique standpoint.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The technique required to make those olympic lifts ain't trivial. So I'll give her props for that. And to hear that she has only been training for olympic lifts a short time is also quite impressive. I suppose I'd be interested to hear from those with some experience how the weight can help or hurt.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
She's too fat. She could do better if she were to be less fat (she could train harder before exhaustion etc.), I know a thing or 2 about fat yet very athletic people and the smart ones are trying to drop some fat to increase the athleticism. This isn't to say that they should look like bodybuilders as that is not what is best for them but a balance needs to be found for optimal performance. In closing shes strong as hell but would be a better athlete if she were to cut some weight.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Seems a trend in strongman these days is to lean up somewhat and keep conditioning levels. It'll likely make for better sport. I wonder if she really would improve and what that point is where she would gain no additional benefit from fat loss.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
She's too fat. She could do better if she were to be less fat (she could train harder before exhaustion etc.), I know a thing or 2 about fat yet very athletic people and the smart ones are trying to drop some fat to increase the athleticism. This isn't to say that they should look like bodybuilders as that is not what is best for them but a balance needs to be found for optimal performance. In closing shes strong as hell but would be a better athlete if she were to cut some weight.

That is my thoughts as well. A person who was 150lbs and clean and jerked ( or whatever lift) 300lbs is impressive. A 300lb person who clean and jerked 300lbs does not impress me at all. Im not saying she should look anything like a body builder but she obviously has 0% control on her eating habits. She looks exactly like someone you see in the McDonalds line. I guarantee no one asks her "Do you workout"? If you expect to last long in any sport you need to take care of your body and she obviously neglects the nutrition part completely.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Seems a trend in strongman these days is to lean up somewhat and keep conditioning levels. It'll likely make for better sport. I wonder if she really would improve and what that point is where she would gain no additional benefit from fat loss.

Id better her life longevity would increase 10 fold. If that does not count i dont know what does.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Yep, she could lose 100 lb and still be a solid person and I'm sure her heart & joints would mightily thankful. Its absolutely impressive to make the Olympic team, but when something easy like weight can be adjusted, the world is her oyster! ..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic