Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Macgyver's HRT journey

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
11lb, wow. You still look really full to me ~ nice work.

Always good to see an in-shape powerlifter!

Yea.....I cant commit to pure powerlifting. I want to feel good and walking around too bulked up is not for me. Even just the extra 10lbs I was carrying was not comfortable for me. I feel much better when I can can drop down in weight. I hope to find the perfect balance for me as time goes on.

Amazing work.. Been watching for a while... Just haven't peeked in for a few weeks. Deads are looking sick.. Nice pull after pull after pull... 620.. Thats sweet. Your in the 198's correct?

Came along was since the start. I remember when you started this thread about HRT.. At that time I was trying to get on HRT/TRT from the doc. My levels are low just barely above the cut off.. So I never did get it....

Keep at it... 650 then 700 PULLS.. I can see it now.

I am 198 now, but I was 205 the day I pulled that. I did not bother dropping weight to make 198 as I just wanted to do my first comp at as strong as I could be.
Looking to do more comps as time goes on. Will be entering 198 for sure. As for my upper limit.....I am not sure, but I will keep pushing!

wheels and arms are looking great bro

Thanks man. Funny how dropping a little weight makes you look a lot better. I remember when I used to carry too much fat and you would feel you were shrinking at first. (and look it). Fortunately, now, I dont let my fat drift that high. Now it just takes a little to drop it and results come almost immediate.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Random pic from the gym today. Brought a BUNCH more carbs in. (after doing that crash diet) Feeling a lot better, but amazing how fast the midsection gets "thick" again. I dont mind where I am at right now, but I would like to be a little leaner. I think over the next year, hopefully my midsection will come down some as has happened with my legs. (which now stay defined even when I put on a few lbs)

2013-05-27leg_zpsa778b68d.jpg

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
You do look great, but I can see what you mean about the carbs. Just from the photos I have seen you look like you have the enviable ability to remain looking really full while you lean out a little.

Fine line between being too lean and taking the edge off your strength, one thing that has possibility held me back in the past. Keep up the good work, I always enjoy checking in on your journal MF.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Not much been going on in my neck of the woods. Just grinding it out still.

I got cocky as my 5/3/1 progression told me I should have 630 in me for my deads. I went for it at the end of my workout when I probably should not have.

I missed it.

The downside: I HATE missing lifts and the blow to the ego that comes with them

The upside: My hips stayed down and my back stayed flat. No break in form even though the weight beat me. (that encourages me) This is definitely within my reach on the right day. Just was not that day today.

2013-06-14171729_zps0f668255.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
copying this over to my journal.

405 rest pause at 205 bw

I have not maxed out benching in 9 months. Last sept I tried 405, (gym type lift, touch n go). I just barely missed it.

Since then I have decided to explore the possibility of competing in powerlifting. This necessitated a form change and adoption of a true 'rest/pause' form. I had never done this in the past and it's a pretty big switch over from touch and go's. (Humbling to say the least ;) )

I am just finishing 4 cycles of 5/3/1 and an estimated 1rm of 420, I figured I would have at least a true (rest pause) 405 single in me.

Got it without issue. I have no idea what I could touch-n-go now (maybe 15lbs more? Guys with more experience might know). I did not try to push any further. Very happy. This puts me one step closer to my goal to compete. (with a good total). I am going to continue training with the pause as it is more about doing 'legal' lifts to me at this point over 'big' lifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic