Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Lets discuss the Cube Method

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Brandon's a strong mother fucker. I'm only able to train 3x a week because of work and the hour each way to the gym so I had a hard time adapting his training program to what I need to do, but I like a lot of his ideas and feel that most guys, especially newer guys could learn a LOT from it.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
So far, I like it...it was really hard for me to not want to bench every week. Lol. I just followed the example wave in the book this time. I'm on my 3rd week....so far so good, but I have had some moments of anxiety that my bench will go in the shitter. Lol. But being a bench only guy amd prepping for full power for the first time, I guess that is to be expected.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Method, as far as Mark Bell, I have heard good and bad but he definitely is trying to capitalize on whatever he can...suppose who can blame him.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
A friend sent me the book so I'll read it. Lilly is def a strong lifter so it's peaked my interest but I'm not ditching SST.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
A friend sent me the book so I'll read it. Lilly is def a strong lifter so it's peaked my interest but I'm not ditching SST.
Hope you enjoy it mate :D

I'm about 3 weeks into it, so far so good. I don't agree with everything (not pulling from the floor being one of them) but it's a solid programme. Lilly posted on Facebook a day or two ago that Konstantinovs is just about to start running it; if it's good enough for him then it's good enough for pretty much anyone I would have though.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011

I'm about 3 weeks into it, so far so good. I don't agree with everything (not pulling from the floor being one of them) but it's a solid programme. Lilly posted on Facebook a day or two ago that Konstantinovs is just about to start running it; if it's good enough for him then it's good enough for pretty much anyone I would have though.

Agreed. I talk to Brandon often and he is a friend of mine. We have talked about this program a ton. One thing I think some are not grasping is one can modify some of the training to fit your needs or your weak points. For instance we discussed ballistic benching the other night because he struggles more at lockout and is always strong off the chest. I will do low rack pulls in lieu of block pulls and often times still pull of the ground. There are even times where I do deficits. But bottom line, as long as you don't go completely off the wall, you can switch some exercises and etc. I'm on Week 7. So far I really enjoy this program.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

I did enjoy and thanks for sending that to me. It just strengthened my point that everyone should do speed work even those of us who are raw lifters.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

I did enjoy and thanks for sending that to me. It just strengthened my point that everyone should do speed work even those of us who are raw lifters.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
No worries at all ~ I think training reps is another thing that is of value. Often gets overlooked by powerlifters but it has numerous beneficial factors.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Agreed. I talk to Brandon often and he is a friend of mine. We have talked about this program a ton. One thing I think some are not grasping is one can modify some of the training to fit your needs or your weak points. For instance we discussed ballistic benching the other night because he struggles more at lockout and is always strong off the chest. I will do low rack pulls in lieu of block pulls and often times still pull of the ground. There are even times where I do deficits. But bottom line, as long as you don't go completely off the wall, you can switch some exercises and etc. I'm on Week 7. So far I really enjoy this program.
Thanks for posting that up, much appreciated.

Next time you speak to Brandon please tell him that Mini Forklift says to stop posting so many meat photos on his Facebook page lol.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks for posting that up, much appreciated.

Next time you speak to Brandon please tell him that Mini Forklift says to stop posting so many meat photos on his Facebook page lol.

LOL. You know it's only a matter of time before you cave and come over to the meat side.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
We'll see. I said to myself the day I start eating meat again is the day I hop on the gear lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic