Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls

Lets discuss the Cube Method

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
One of the reasons why it interests me is that it looks like a nice transition program from 5/3/1. With 5/3/1, I felt like I was only getting stronger on the last set. Like everything was a warm-up to that last set to failure.

With Cube, it seems like I'll be getting stronger in multiple sets. My conditioning will improve. And I also like the idea of having a fixed number of reps. It creates that goal in my mind, like I have to hit that number of reps.

That's not to say, I'll limit myself. If I have the extra reps in me, I'll do them (especially on the heavy day), or I'll add an extra set with reps to failure if I think I can do it.

I'd love to get into a program like Sheiko or Smolov, but I'm not to the point where I can do something that rigorous. And I'm not sure what Lillebridge's program is like, and I don't have the $150 handy to purchase it.

In time you'll find out what works for you and won't be using anyone else's training method. You'll adopt your own. It'll have remnants of other programs you've used but it'll morph it something that is your own.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
ChrisLindsay9, you can use the touch and go method or the full reset. If your grip is strong enough use the touch and go.. it won't make much difference overall. Either method works so long as you're not relying on straps.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Now that I'm finishing up my third wave of the Cube this week, I thought I'd post my lifting schedule and exercises for each wave (three week interval). I made some minor adjustments along the way, but this is what I pretty much ended up with (below). And I'm probably going to one more wave before I start a pre-meet preparation plan.
My Cube Program_500x500.jpg
For a larger version, you can click here I'm thinking this might be useful to those who might be relatively inexperienced and also to those who work out in commercial gyms.

Last edited:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I used TCB for the last meet I did and I found it great if I'm honest. Very simple and easy to follow, the rotation of rep ranges and lifting focus for the week allows you to stay fresh and motivated and always ready to go for your next session. If something doesn't fit in for whatever reason there's plenty of capacity to change things around and the strength gains I got from it seemed to come very fast.

Definitely worth looking at, but as with any program out there you need to give it the time and commitment that it deserves.

C

copper405

Feb 20, 2013
Tried it for a little while. Probably three months or so and ended going back to Westside. Just really not enough heavy lifting days for my taste. But, I know people that do it and get a lot out of it. So it's really whatever works for you.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Tried it for a little while. Probably three months or so and ended going back to Westside. Just really not enough heavy lifting days for my taste. But, I know people that do it and get a lot out of it. So it's really whatever works for you.
Yeah, I really want to lift heavier a bit more often. Which is why I think I'm getting rid of the dynamic days and just alternating between rep and heavy days every other week. I'll still do dynamic sets but they will be accessory work.

Although after meeting Matt Kroc, I may look at some programs that he has put together in the past. He suggested something that got my interest.

Last edited:
ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Funny how things change in a couple of years.

thanks, board ops, for the bump
:p

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It is interesting to look back at things....

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
It is interesting to look back at things....

I've been doing that a lot lately - looking for motivation to stay the course:
Body weight, BF percentages, PRs, cardio, etc.

I've had a lot of epiphanies during my stay here at TID.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic