Latest Member
Rolanalon

Lets discuss the Cube Method

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
It'll be a hell of a day.

Massive steak for breakfast, comb my Doyle Kennedy styled beard, a handful of orals, get the wife to pin me then step into an Inzer Liviathan suit. Game on!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Thanks for posting that up, much appreciated.

Next time you speak to Brandon please tell him that Mini Forklift says to stop posting so many meat photos on his Facebook page lol.

I'm gonna try that meatloaf recipe. Damn I say that last night at work about 1 am.....I hated him. LOL.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It'll be a hell of a day.

Massive steak for breakfast, comb my Doyle Kennedy styled beard, a handful of orals, get the wife to pin me then step into an Inzer Liviathan suit. Game on!

LOL. If you're gonna rock that beard you're gonna have to move up a few weight classes.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I knew Doyle Kennedy and trained at his gym a few times. Competed in his meets too. He was a great guy.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I knew Doyle Kennedy and trained at his gym a few times. Competed in his meets too. He was a great guy.

That is name I'd bet a lot of these youngsters don't know. Monster pull'er.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
It's great to see the Cube method taking off..... Brandon clearly knows what he's doing and has been a stand-up guy every time we've talked.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I'm considering starting up the Cube next month, and I've read Lilly's book and familiarized myself with some updates he's posted over at Juggernaut (like this one).

I want to make sure that I understand the concept of "Explosive" day. I know that the term sort of suggests itself, but is there any nuance to it that a noob may not either understand or fully appreciate as it relates to explosive deadlifts, bench, and squats?

And specifically, on explosive deadlift day, are the reps for each set touch and go or do you still do a reset?

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Good to see this come back up.... after reading the Lilliebridge stuff I definitely prefer that over the Cube.

The cube is just a bastardization of Westside, Brian Carrol's stuff, and some Dan Green nutswinging.

The Lilliebridge stuff has proven results from decades of actual use from the family and their lifters show more progress.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Good to see this come back up.... after reading the Lilliebridge stuff I definitely prefer that over the Cube.

The cube is just a bastardization of Westside, Brian Carrol's stuff, and some Dan Green nutswinging.

The Lilliebridge stuff has proven results from decades of actual use from the family and their lifters show more progress.

I gotta pick up the Lilliebridge e-book b/c I'd be interested in seeing what they do for training.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
One of the reasons why it interests me is that it looks like a nice transition program from 5/3/1. With 5/3/1, I felt like I was only getting stronger on the last set. Like everything was a warm-up to that last set to failure.

With Cube, it seems like I'll be getting stronger in multiple sets. My conditioning will improve. And I also like the idea of having a fixed number of reps. It creates that goal in my mind, like I have to hit that number of reps.

That's not to say, I'll limit myself. If I have the extra reps in me, I'll do them (especially on the heavy day), or I'll add an extra set with reps to failure if I think I can do it.

I'd love to get into a program like Sheiko or Smolov, but I'm not to the point where I can do something that rigorous. And I'm not sure what Lillebridge's program is like, and I don't have the $150 handy to purchase it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic