Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Ketosis?

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I tried keto dieting a few times, but recovery on its a bitch and training suffers to much from lack of carbs. I think a modified cyclical keto might work were you go zero carbs for a week with 1 days carb up and repeat or Just carb cycle.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I ran Keto for 5 months, ending 11/28. My macro split was usually around 45/45/10 pfc. Urine was tested at least 3x daily throughout. I kept my calories around 16-1800 at a starting point of 5'9", 230lbs. My weight loss was 26lbs over the period. Counter to intuition, I raised my cals as the diet progressed. I found that after a couple weeks my body had more endurance and I could train longer that on a traditional diet (hence the need for more cals). The downside is that my recovery times were continually increasing. My body was not repairing itself as quickly. I did the diet not only for weight loss, but also as an experiment for an endurance event I'm considering. I can definitely see the merit in endurance competition in a temporary state of Ketosis, but I do not feel the diet is a good option for me in the long term.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
So, what was/is Angle looking for?...Brad has muscularity, face, leanness, money and fame....Loll!...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

This ##$!!!! Phone....Post should of been in another thread!...

steeky93

steeky93

Jan 9, 2018
How long would you recommend staying in ketosis for a cut? A certain length of time, or until your goal has been met?

S

Superman5000

Jan 8, 2018
My brother in law has been on it for over a year and has lost 60 lbs. Him and my sister have lost a total of 100 lbs with the Keto diet. Long term I'm not sure but they've been on it for a year and feel great! It is a VERY strict diet though, a lot of work but worth it. Plus you still get to eat BACON!

S

Superman5000

Jan 8, 2018
My brother in law has been on it for over a year and has lost 60 lbs. Him and my sister have lost a total of 100 lbs with the Keto diet. Long term I'm not sure but they've been on it for a year and feel great! It is a very strict diet though, a lot of work but worth it. Plus you still get to eat bacon!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
How do u know u are in keto?....Sorry, I'm getting dummer by the day!...I know breath is a good indicator, but, I have gum disease, therefore, it already smells like garbage!...What, if any, are some other tell, tell signs?....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks Gm585 for the reply...I'm gonna study it deep now with the feedback i've received....i'm weak in diet knowledge...it's something i've neglected over the years, mostly because I was able to get away with eating what I wanted and looking like an offseeaon bb...It's time now for me to focus on diet...Again guys, I appreciate your responses!!!!!

Dr. Jeff Volec from the University of Connecticut and Dr. Stephen Phenney who has over 35 years in the field of diet, exercise, fatty acids, and inflammation. They both have books, research and video presentation that will give you some sound information.

http://www.artandscienceoflowcarb.com

My wife is a fan of ketogenic diets (she is former IFBB), but I am not. Weight training requires way too much glycogen. Low carb is much better IMHO.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Jeff Volec from the University of Connecticut and Dr. Stephen Phenney who has over 35 years in the field of diet, exercise, fatty acids, and inflammation. They both have books, research and video presentation that will give you some sound information.

http://www.artandscienceoflowcarb.com

My wife is a fan of ketogenic diets (she is former IFBB), but I am not. Weight training requires way too much glycogen. Low carb is much better IMHO.

Thanx, bro...I will give it a read...It just seems like if u can make your body burn fat and burn the fat u eat, it would be more logical to do that....U wouldn't be gaining fat anymore...However, if u can't build muscle without carbs, it's a catch 22 deal...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic