Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Ketosis?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Were u getting 8hrs sleep solid or split?...How were u able to cook and prepare food and work 8hr days plus train and get sleep?...Can u post your schedule including work, sleep, preparation of food, and training so I can get an idea how it can be done...Also, that is a alot of calories to process at one time...

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Were u getting 8hrs sleep solid or split?...How were u able to cook and prepare food and work 8hr days plus train and get sleep?...Can u post your schedule including work, sleep, preparation of food, and training so I can get an idea how it can be done...Also, that is a alot of calories to process at one time...

For most of my life I have gotten up at 4:30 am and gone to bed at 9pm or 10pm. Got enough sleep. While I no longer coach football and no longer compete I still get up at the same time and still go to bed at the same time. You absolutely have to learn to prep your food in advanced. You also aren't afforded gourmet meals that taste good. You eat what you need, like taking a medicine. On Sunday afternoon I prepped everything I needed for the work week. Put cooked chicken breasts with a marinade individually in zip lock bags, I put 2 cups of white rice in individual bags, I put fish and red meat in bags, Vegies, fruit, instant oatmeal and even make a daily supply of protein shakes. All I had to do was eat breakfast, put everything for the day in a cold storage bag and head off to work. Every three hours I was warming my food up and eating while I worked. Each week I did the same thing over. Now, I did not compete during football season so summer was always my target.

Meal 1 - 5am - breakfast
Meal 2 - 8am
Meal 3 - 11am
Meal 4 - 2pm
train - 3pm
Meal 5 - 5pm
Meal 6 - 8pm
Bed

OK, do you realize how many calories are burned when training intensely? My weight is 265, I train 90 minutes very intensely, So calculated, I burn an estimated 1272 calories in 90 minutes. These have to be replaced or I will not gain muscle or strength. The body does a very good job of processing the calories that are eaten, especially if your energy needs are high enough. If not it also is very efficient at storing the excess as fat. Believe it or not but at 64. I can drop weight taking in 4500 calories per day. Even eating a 2100 calorie breakfast every day of my life. My wife would blow up like a balloon with that much in one day, I also watched a video where Jay Cutler says he cuts taking in 4500 to 5000 calories per day. Muscle mass, energy needs, body weight, age and metabolism all have a great influence.

https://exrx.net/Calculators/Calories

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
For most of my life I have gotten up at 4:30 am and gone to bed at 9pm or 10pm. Got enough sleep. While I no longer coach football and no longer compete I still get up at the same time and still go to bed at the same time. You absolutely have to learn to prep your food in advanced. You also aren't afforded gourmet meals that taste good. You eat what you need, like taking a medicine. On Sunday afternoon I prepped everything I needed for the work week. Put cooked chicken breasts with a marinade individually in zip lock bags, I put 2 cups of white rice in individual bags, I put fish and red meat in bags, Vegies, fruit, instant oatmeal and even make a daily supply of protein shakes. All I had to do was eat breakfast, put everything for the day in a cold storage bag and head off to work. Every three hours I was warming my food up and eating while I worked. Each week I did the same thing over. Now, I did not compete during football season so summer was always my target.

Meal 1 - 5am - breakfast
Meal 2 - 8am
Meal 3 - 11am
Meal 4 - 2pm
train - 3pm
Meal 5 - 5pm
Meal 6 - 8pm
Bed

OK, do you realize how many calories are burned when training intensely? My weight is 265, I train 90 minutes very intensely, So calculated, I burn an estimated 1272 calories in 90 minutes. These have to be replaced or I will not gain muscle or strength. The body does a very good job of processing the calories that are eaten, especially if your energy needs are high enough. If not it also is very efficient at storing the excess as fat. Believe it or not but at 64. I can drop weight taking in 4500 calories per day. Even eating a 2100 calorie breakfast every day of my life. My wife would blow up like a balloon with that much in one day, I also watched a video where Jay Cutler says he cuts taking in 4500 to 5000 calories per day. Muscle mass, energy needs, body weight, age and metabolism all have a great influence.

https://exrx.net/Calculators/Calories

Ty for the feedback, bro!... I do understand the need for food intake on energy requirements along with extra cals to gain and the body's ability to process extra cals when training intensely....

How long were you giving for recovery on muscle groups?... Sometimes I will go longer/shorter duration.... Should I stick to a set time frame?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Ty for the feedback, bro!... I do understand the need for food intake on energy requirements along with extra cals to gain and the body's ability to process extra cals when training intensely....

How long were you giving for recovery on muscle groups?... Sometimes I will go longer/shorter duration.... Should I stick to a set time frame?

Depending on the muscle, it takes about 36 hours to completely recover. So you can train muscles 2-3 times a week. Depending on how much time you have, rest and nutrition. This is why if you are doing a muscle group at a time and do chest, the shoulders and triceps are movers of most exercises that work the pecs. I would not schedule shoulders or triceps the next day, instead work back or legs. The shoulders or triceps.

Another thing to always remember is what causes us to grow. When we do anything that causes the body to go out of homeostasis, the body then has to adapt. Once it adapts we must force it out of homeostasis once again. So we come to the following laws:

2. The Overcompensation Principle
3. The Overload Principle
4. The Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demands (SAID) Principle

So in other words we must constantly change the stimulus applied to the muscle (imposed demands) to force it out of homeostasis and have to adapt again. Doing the same thing over and over eventually stops growth because the body no longer has to adapt. So anything we can change up along the way helps. Always try to add slightly more weight. Change up the reps, the speed of the movement, rest periods, angle of the movements, apparatuses etc. I think Joe Weider refereed to this as muscle confusion.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Yes, I began doing this by nature/common sense my second year of lifting....I didn't know we had actually came up with laws to describe it....

Years ago there was a bro that stressed stretching the fascia...He claimed once u grow to a certain level, the fascia will restrict further growth from occurring...Any truth to that?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Yes, I began doing this by nature/common sense my second year of lifting....I didn't know we had actually came up with laws to describe it....

Years ago there was a bro that stressed stretching the fascia...He claimed once u grow to a certain level, the fascia will restrict further growth from occurring...Any truth to that?

As far as I know there has not been any research to show stretching the fascia in humans has anything to do with muscle growth. In fact, it has been shown that static stretching before working out hampers strength and muscle gains. So if you feel the need to stretch do it after you train or do a dynamic type stretching before you train, I know Dante (DC Training) has his guys doing extreme stretching AFTER the muscle has been trained, but as far as leading to further growth I am not so sure that has ever been shown to be true. It does increase you range of motion.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I found that the extreme stretching in DC training helps me recover quicker/easier. That is its biggest benefit to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
He is who I was referring too...I can see the proposed logic in the fascia restricting growth...After all, it (fascia) is like a hard shell surrounding the muscle, I don't mean as in like a shell fish covering, but like a sheath of rubber...It would be nice to see some good research data on it to be for sure if it is true...

I only got into stretching when I trained in the art of Taekwondo...I don't recall it helping me recover better with my weighting...It may have tho, I just don't remember (was young)...

Anyway, isn't that what all of these SEO's do?...Stretch the fascia?...Or are they utilizing some other mechanism to facilitate growth?...Again, ty for the info, Tex, Ceo!...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic