Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Immune System

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Careful with "too" much vitamin c ..... Or you will be visiting the lavatories frequently.
That is true, but that's when you know you have reached the upper limit for Vitamin C intake. You can back it down a fraction when that happens!

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
What's your diet like? I started eating fruit almost on a daily basis and I haven't been sick since

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
What's your diet like? I started eating fruit almost on a daily basis and I haven't been sick since

Lately subway every meal I don't eat a lot of veg or fruit. And the sub I get is chicken bacon

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
You know man I've noticed with my eating habits if my diet is cleaner, I get sick less. And overall I feel better.

But I think a good starting point are some supplements. Then maybe go from there.

I have couple of the ones listed in the thread.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Yeah, that's my point. I haven't had a cold or flu in about 3yrs and pretty much fruit and vegetables are the mainstay of my diet. My wife doesn't eat as much fruit and veg, she gets at least one cold a year, usually a couple.

Diet wise if you place emphasis on foods that are in their natural state ~ whole and/or raw. Other types ideally that you should be consuming would be fermented and sprouted foods ~ FANTASTIC for digestion, overall gut health and immunity.

Topsy

Topsy

Nov 10, 2011
Yeah, that's my point. I haven't had a cold or flu in about 3yrs and pretty much fruit and vegetables are the mainstay of my diet. My wife doesn't eat as much fruit and veg, she gets at least one cold a year, usually a couple.

Diet wise if you place emphasis on foods that are in their natural state ~ whole and/or raw. Other types ideally that you should be consuming would be fermented and sprouted foods ~ FANTASTIC for digestion, overall gut health and immunity.

This. Get as much fruit & veg as you can. Just as MF says in as raw a state as possible. Keep it as a source of nutrition till end of your days.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
dooood subway is such garbage. pack a lunch or five and you'll stop getting sick

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Lately subway every meal I don't eat a lot of veg or fruit. And the sub I get is chicken bacon

That also hurts you. You need to get in green veggies at least 2-3x day. I'd suggest start adding in green smoothies. Sounds ghey but it makes a difference and I suggest smoothies instead of eating kale, spinach, aspargus, green beans, etc b/c you work crazy long hours so you probably don't have time to prepare much of anything.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
That also hurts you. You need to get in green veggies at least 2-3x day. I'd suggest start adding in green smoothies. Sounds ghey but it makes a difference and I suggest smoothies instead of eating kale, spinach, aspargus, green beans, etc b/c you work crazy long hours so you probably don't have time to prepare much of anything.
I agree ~ besides those kind of things are best if you can juice them. Quicker than eating them and you can actually get a lot of veges down you that way.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
... and if you're juicing (haha) you might as well throw beets into the mix as well. They are a good source of nitrates as well as being great for the liever due to their blood cleansing properties. All of this stuff will ultimately help how well your immune system functions.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Subway is convieneint and everything, and I like going there. I go there maybe once or twice a week.

I usually get: 12' Italian bread, oven roasted chicken with provolone cheese, mayo and chipotle, and a couple different vegetables.

But I wonder how "processed" there stuff is.

It seems like you CAN make a healthy order there, if you pass on the cheese, and go easy on the mayo, but isn't it still like semi fast food?

I mean at a deli for a similar sandwich, they cook their meat on site don't they?

Subways meat comes from a plant right?

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic