Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Immune System

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Subway is convieneint and everything, and I like going there. I go there maybe once or twice a week.

I usually get: 12' Italian bread, oven roasted chicken with provolone cheese, mayo and chipotle, and a couple different vegetables.

But I wonder how "processed" there stuff is.

It seems like you CAN make a healthy order there, if you pass on the cheese, and go easy on the mayo, but isn't it still like semi fast food?

I mean at a deli for a similar sandwich, they cook their meat on site don't they?

Subways meat comes from a plant right?

There food even chicken is processed. Any meat like that is already cooked is processed. I work a lot and when I'm at home that time is spent sleeping. I'm on the run all the time.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
That also hurts you. You need to get in green veggies at least 2-3x day. I'd suggest start adding in green smoothies. Sounds ghey but it makes a difference and I suggest smoothies instead of eating kale, spinach, aspargus, green beans, etc b/c you work crazy long hours so you probably don't have time to prepare much of anything.

Ghey or not I wished I could eat that but I am a very picky eater. I'm open to try it though. How would you suggest getting a green smoothie? I love the naked smoothie that is the one with blue Berries that bish is good.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
How would you suggest getting a green smoothie?
You can buy greens as a powder (many different brands out there)....

Low-Ess%20Greens%20Bottle.jpg

Just throw a teaspoon into your protein shake and you're covered. Even better if you can find one that's cetrified organic.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
You can buy greens as a powder (many different brands out there)....

Low-Ess%20Greens%20Bottle.jpg

Just throw a teaspoon into your protein shake and you're covered. Even better if you can find one that's cetrified organic.

And what does this taste like? Does the flavor of whatever u put it in over power the taste?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
And what does this taste like? Does the flavor of whatever u put it in over power the taste?
You can often get ones with some fruits in which obviously make it taste better, if stevia is listed (natural sweetener) then it's probably not too bad either. In a protein shake or juice it's okay, mixing it with water probably depends on the brand and what's in it. Some are okay whereas some taste like crap.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Apart from the vegetables, these are the three greens I think offer the most benefits:

Chlorella is great at detoxing the blood. The detoxification capabilities of this 'powder that can turn your poo green' is due to its' incredibly high content of chlorophyll and its 'cracked' cell walls; they have the ability to grab onto unwanted materials, pollutants and some heavy metal residues in the bowel and intestines and help to flush them from the body. It's abundant in RNA & DNA nucleic acids, so I could also see how it could potentially repair DNA that has been damaged. Full of natural ionic minerals and the many enzymes present such as cytochrome oxidase, lipase, protease and amylase it can help support good healthy digestive function and intestinal flora.

Alkaline balance in the body is extremely important to our health; the ideal balance of food and food residue in the body is 80% alkaline and 20% acidic. This is largely determined by the food we eat, as foods are either acid forming or alkaline forming. We are constantly in a changing state between acid and alkaline and is continually working to maintain an ideal pH level of between 7.3 and 7.4. Babies are born in a very alkaline state and as we age most people tend to gradually become more and more acidic (largely a result of dietary choices). Having said that, the body is able to regain its natural alkaline balance by eating highly alkaline foods such as green leafy vegetables, fresh seasonal fruits, pulses and nutrient-rich super foods like barley/wheat grass, spirulina etc etc. The key is simply changing the balance of the foods you eat, the overall amount of food consumed and getting to know which foods are acid forming and which are alkaline forming.

Spirulina
has one of the richest concentration of nutrients of any plant, herb or grain. It's also a complete protein, containing all essential amino acids and the protein in spirulina is superior to all standard plant proteins. Blue green algae was one of the first organisms on the planet and it's fatty acid content closely mirrors the human brain. Some other points I think are worthy of mentioning...

** Spirulina contains high levels of carotenes (including beta carotene) and xanthophylls (including zeaxanthin and cryptoxanthin). Carotenoids play an important role in humans by acting as biological antioxidants, protecting cells and tissues from the effects of free radicals
** Contains a plant protein called phycocyanin. This powerful blue protein pigmentfound only in spirulina forms soluble complexes with iron and other minerals to increase their bioavailability in the body. Phycocyanin is about 15% of the entire weight of spirulina and is thought to have developed around a billion years before chlorophyll. Phycocyanin has antioxidant activity and is a valuable immune supporting pigment
** It's an excellent source of iron and the reason why the iron in spirulina is so bioavailable is because the iron forms soluble complexes with Phycocyanin. This iron-phycocyanin complex allows easier absorption by the body. Iron and Vitamin B12 levels are dependant on one another, so if the diet is good then they this isn't something that you need to be overly concerned about
** Rich in gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an important Omega 6 fatty acid commonly found in flaxseed and Evening Primrose oil

Also has use for athletes due to spirulina's relationship with glycogen; the body’s principal source of both immediate and long term energy is glycogen which is stored in the muscles and liver and not ordinarily available directly through our diet. Glycogen forms an energy reserve that can be quickly mobilized to meet a sudden need for glucose (a fasted athlete training in the morning has enough glycogen supplies to fuel a 3hr workout). Spirulina is the only plant source of glycogen available (that I am aware of), and basically the more glycogen that's available during intense/sustained exercise then you should be optimising muscular functioning. You can use spirulina before training to concentrate the nutrients in the blood, making them available to the muscles when and where they are needed most. The daily RDI of iron for men is not much at all, varies from country to country but it usually falls somewhere between 3-10g.

Yes, there are inferior spirulina products out there, but as consumers that's up to us to do the research and buy a product that is of high quality and standards. Buy organic, find one that has certification with the US Pharmacopeia and start off slowly with it rather than jumping in at the dosages they recommend on the bottle; personally I'd be starting with half of that amount for at least the first 7-10 days, it's a new food for your body and you should allow for time to adjust to it.

Barley Grass
is something that can be used as an 'everyday' addition to your diet, and IMO more so than Chlorella which tends to be a little more specific in terms of how and when you should use it. I often like to use a combo of wheat & barley grass and just mix a teaspoon into my protein shake every day. Tastes surprisingly good so let me know what you think :)

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks mini. Can you find these at the health food stores? Are they in food form or like a powder?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
drink lots of water, Holey Basel, and Cold-EEZE.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks mini. Can you find these at the health food stores? Are they in food form or like a powder?
Yep, health food stores should stock them.

All of them would come as a powder and I know companies over here that also manufacture them in capsules. You should also be able to get spirulina and chlorella as tablets too, cheers MF.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
MF, you ever try red smoothies? I tried one today and it was interesting.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Here's what I take when I am getting sick or am sick: colloidal silver and fulvic acid in equal parts. I recently added the fulvic acid last time because my supplier decided to send me a sample and I said what the heck. Well it worked better than the silver by itself. Unless you're a heavy smoker it should kick the bug in a day or two. I recommend taking 1 tsp colloidal silver and 1 tsp fulvic acid twice a day. I choose to do it when I wake up and before bed.

Slic.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic