Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Immune System

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I would like to know if anyone has a good suggestion for immune system booster that helped there's. I have been sick 3 times in the last 5 weeks. First flu like symptoms then it was strep throat now it's like a damn sinus infection/upper respiratory infection! Any suggestions?

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Zinc monomethionine , like in ZMA. Garlic. NAC, L-Glutamine. Sleep.

'Bout all I got, bro.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
You been to the doc? Sounds like you have a upper respiratory infection that hasn't fully cleared. When they get deep on me I have to Cipro500 it for a week.
Other than that Mega Vit C, zinc\magnesium , plenty fluids.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Sounds like you need a good round of anti-biotics like G said brother.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
The immune system is run by the gut ~ so if you can get that right you will be sorted and colds will become a rarity. I haven't had a cold/flu in about 3yrs now.

In answer to your post ~ Vitamin C in large amounts (minimum 4,000mg/day), a good probiotic (high CFU) and high doses of garlic (minimum 1,000mg) should have you right in 24hrs or so.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
You been to the doc? Sounds like you have a upper respiratory infection that hasn't fully cleared. When they get deep on me I have to Cipro500 it for a week.

When I got the strep throat I took 7 days worth of amoxicillin. I know shod have been 10 days worth but only had 7 days worth on hand. Asked my wife to pick me up 10 days worth again or a zpac from the docs she works for.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
The immune system is run by the gut ~ so if you can get that right you will be sorted and colds will become a rarity. I haven't had a cold/flu in about 3yrs now.

In answer to your post ~ Vitamin C in large amounts (minimum 4,000mg/day), a good probiotic (high CFU) and high doses of garlic (minimum 1,000mg) should have you right in 24hrs or so.

Good info thank you. I normally never (knock on wood) get sick. But this year has got me. Doesn't help that here lately where I live it is 80+ degrees one day for the high and the following day it only makes it to the low 40 degrees and windy as shit. Also work 60 hours every other week and every Tuesday is where I work 15hours straight.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012

Careful with "too" much vitamin c ..... Or you will be visiting the lavatories frequently.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011

Haven't been to doc my wife works for several so I just got some antibiotics.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Sounds like you may need some rest on top of getting the ani b's. It happens like that some time though. Last year I got hammered with a bug a good 3 times prior to that had been several years and this year so far, nothing. Get some rest man.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Sounds like you may need some rest on top of getting the ani b's. It happens like that some time though. Last year I got hammered with a bug a good 3 times prior to that had been several years and this year so far, nothing. Get some rest man.

Wish I could get some rest. I'm a manager and my boss don't give us sick days. If I need a sick day it's a vacation day that I have to use. On top of that my asst manager has to work 15 hour days open to close when I'm off.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
All the stuff the other guys said plus 5000iu's of Vitamin D3

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic