Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

High blood pressure help?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
From what i've read it is. I try to get 2-1oz servings per day. Since I use slin multipal times a day, 4-5 days per week, I need it w/ metformin to prevent type 2.

This is the first article that popped up on google. I read the ~60% on another article.
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/1/281.full

Thanks Zomb, Good link. I here ya on the metformin and slin use, use it as well. Also been trying the Chlorogenic acid *green coffee Bean* extract, although you can buy just the straight Chlorogenic acid in drops. IS supposed to help with insulin sensitivity as well.
Should put that in the Articles sec imo, good read.

M

Mad_dawg

Dec 9, 2010
This may seem silly, but if you are not already taking magnesium and calcium (good digestible ones) I would definitely try that.

The one best thing that helped me was to drop my carb intake. Yes, a dreaded lower carb diet. Not saying zero, just drop it a bunch. Also, if you have a little water retention dropping to 30 grams a day will shed water like crazy.

Actually the magnesium and calcium helped level out the spikes I would occasionally have on the lower carb diet.

Peace,
Mad_dawg

Oh, and I'm around the 300 pound mark and 46.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I did not know that mad_dawg it's great all the info I bet I won't have to take any meds. This is why I wanted to start this link because I know a lot of us have problems with our BP.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Hey guys just wanted to post a little update. My blood has been pretty solid my bottom number hasn't gone above 82 the top not so much still jumps into the 140's. So I have the hawthorn berry and I am grumpy fit looking at a stationary bike that's a good idea. My pressure is down right now because of meds. This week I'm going to up my cardio really pay attention to my salt and do the hawthorne. I'm not going to take my BP med and we will see after a week or two what the verdict is. I will post here every 3-4 days with what I've done and pressure readings maybe this can help some other also. Once again I just wanted to thank everyone!

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
Increasing free water (good ole tap) will decrease serum sodium levels. Diuretics can actually cause a rebound especially lasix type (high loop diuretics). Thyazide or hctz would be a much better choice. Typical ace inhibitors will help the most. Because your diastolic pressurez are increasing with systolic (and using gear) its just due to retaining to much sodium causing water retention and extra fluid in your cardiovascular system. Flowers and herbs arent likely to help effectively and consistently. Although hibiscus tea is a natural ace inhibitor, u you must measure exact amts and do so 2 daily. Easier option go to a welness clinic ask for lisinopril from a doctor. Most wont judge, and they certainly wont try to expose you or perform olympic drug testing.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I was one lisinopril and it brought it down but for one I don't want to depend on them either. If I need them then yes with out a doubt I will take them. This hopefully will work out good because I'm not taking any gear now but I'm planning one in about three weeks. I'm lucky I have benifits but not everyone does. This started out with me being curious but now I want to experiment and hopefully help some other guys and gals out there. It will be interesting if I get it under control if I can keep it on cycle. I've been given a lot of tricks so we will see what works. Keep it coming guys I appreciate it. Meds are not cheap

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
No. You shouldnt have to rely on them. Lisinopril just counteracts your Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system which is overactive when your using gear, esp anadrol and the likes. They bloat and cause sodium retention. In the absence of gear, it shouldnt be necessary. Btw lisinopril/enalapril and hctz are amongst cheapest meds on market. Def cheaper than new kidneys ;)

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Good to know I will be posting a update tomorrow. Everything is looking good though.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic