Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

High blood pressure help?

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
All right here is my update sorry it took a little longer than expected to post. Here is what I did

I started taking Hawthorne berry Ed
I increased my water intake at least 30 ozs I drank near a gallon a day before
I went to doing cardio 5 days a week for 20 minutes rather than 3
I cut as much sodium as I could I watched it before but not this close
That's the changes I made with good results

Theses will all be with no BP med readings taken 6 times a day throughout
Day 1-readings averaged 85-130 not bad
Day 2-readings jumped 95-148 & stayed realitvely close but no higher for the next 3 days
Day 6- readings seem to be coming down I had a few good ones but on average 91/138

I know it's early still but it seems I'm going in the right direction. I'm going to keep on going and I will repost in week again.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Are you having any unusual headaches? No strokes allowed!

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
That bottom number (diastolic) is still concerning. Anything above 80 is really, but thats indicative of pressures when your heart is relaxed (between beats). Depending on heart rate, it is usually a better indicator than the top number(systolic) for sodium retention/or basically having too much volume in the vessel. Sorry for the physiology, but helps when trying to fix thses issues discretely.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Your right oldrippy and I do understand I'm going to be doing an update after I'm feeling better.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I started 10mg lisinopril about 3-4 weeks ago. For the first couple of weeks. I felt like shit on them. Tired, Cramps, and acid reflux. I dropped my does in half for a few days then started it back at full. All the sides went away for the most part now. I'm suppose to go back in anytime now for some bloodwork. Braw16 I feel your pain.

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Diet + cardio is best options, ive run all those supplements for "bp" and never seen much change

eating clean, lots of green veggies, water, and cardio (not walking but real cardio) is best bet for lowering

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I posted beware your pain because of the years of pain meds I've been on because of my neck. I got back to gym started to feel better so I wanted off my meds. Well the doc prescribed clonidine Hcl 0.1 MG the shakes of withdrawal but it's also a BP med. I just had my BP taken and I was 116/71 the best I've been in years.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Just went to the Doctor yesterday. BP was Perfect he said. Just taking the 10mg of Lisinopril. I already do Cardio and have a low Sodium Diet. I'm just blessed to have high BP from my folks is all. Either Lisinopril is dirt cheap and has been around for many years. I saw many people had to take larger doses then 10mg. So I'm happy this is working.. When they checked it there I was 120/70.. With the Cuff... I have noticed the Wrist BP machines have the top number read about 20 higher then the DR's. Cuff's.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Just went to the Doctor yesterday. BP was Perfect he said. Just taking the 10mg of Lisinopril. I already do Cardio and have a low Sodium Diet. I'm just blessed to have high BP from my folks is all. Either Lisinopril is dirt cheap and has been around for many years. I saw many people had to take larger doses then 10mg. So I'm happy this is working.. When they checked it there I was 120/70.. With the Cuff... I have noticed the Wrist BP machines have the top number read about 20 higher then the DR's. Cuff's.

You take pills at nite or am Bro? I'm on exactly same dose but BP is still up around 140\85-90 depends on when I take it . I'm gonna add a diuretic\hydroclorazide? see if that helps. Same with me genetic gift but whole family has long lifelines. I heard they made pharmacies take those wrist one out cause so many people were gettin so many bad readings

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
You take pills at nite or am Bro? I'm on exactly same dose but BP is still up around 140\85-90 depends on when I take it . I'm gonna add a diuretic\hydroclorazide? see if that helps. Same with me genetic gift but whole family has long lifelines. I heard they made pharmacies take those wrist one out cause so many people were gettin so many bad readings

I take it before bed. How long have you been on it? Mine took about 3-4 weeks to really take affect. You DR can add the Hydrochlorizide and it won't change the cost. The Hydrochlorizide takes 3 weeks to see the affects from it as well. If you can have someone take your BP the old fashion way. That's the best way. It's not hard to do.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I take it before bed. How long have you been on it? Mine took about 3-4 weeks to really take affect. You DR can add the Hydrochlorizide and it won't change the cost. The Hydrochlorizide takes 3 weeks to see the affects from it as well. If you can have someone take your BP the old fashion way. That's the best way. It's not hard to do.

I been on a about a year and a half. Was on Atenolol but that stuff is really bad. Lower my pulse to 40! Couldn't figure out why I was so tired . I take it nite too, we'll see if hydro works. My whole fam has HBP but all healthy, guess everyones different. I see now they're sayin 140 \ 90 is ok WTH?. Good luck Brotha stay healthy

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
I been on a about a year and a half. Was on Atenolol but that stuff is really bad. Lower my pulse to 40! Couldn't figure out why I was so tired . I take it nite too, we'll see if hydro works. My whole fam has HBP but all healthy, guess everyones different. I see now they're sayin 140 \ 90 is ok WTH?. Good luck Brotha stay healthy

I know I'm jumping in late but I saw the words "Atenolol" and "Lisinipril" being mentioned... If you haven't already get off of that combo! Slows you down, made me feel lethargic and rarely felt very good!
I'm on Diovan now only and it's much, much better! My norms are 124/82...
Also, ask to use the larger cuff! Big diff in the numbers you get...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic