Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

High blood pressure help?

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
For what it's worth, have a bit of an issue with this. Made a vow to never be dependent on "drugs" some time back. If I skip cardio or ingest salt, you can feel it. Simple as it sounds. And believe it or not, milk helps. 2 percent.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
So TRUE!!!
At 38 and with the drugs you are currently taking I would say your are holding a bit of water. I believe lisinopril is a ACE inhibitor which causes a decrease in B/P by reducing angiotensin 11 which relaxes arterial muscle and arteries. You might ask your doctor to put you on a drug that is also incorporates a diuretic. Most HTN drug combinations have a diuretic and a ace inhibitor or beta blocker or all three. Look into drugs with diuretics. Most physicians try various high B/P meds on a person before finding the one that works the best. No doctor can look at you and know what is causing your blood pressure issues, thats why they try numerous meds before finding the one that works the best. Hope this helps.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I didn't ever want to depend on a drug either but I do not want to mess around with my heart or kidneys. I got some Hawthorne berry so thanks to everyone who suggested it. I do stay away from sodium as much as I can even more now. I'm glad I posted this question this is not something I want to get out of hand.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Get your cardio going, 16-20 mins a day. Hawthorne berry, start it, stay on it. Stay away from sodium. Forever keep an eye on your BP and consequently kidney function.

I started using this and it WORKS!!! Chemistry with endosystem had an energetically good response. No roller coaster ride. Sleep is solid. Thanks Axemurderer. so let's star that one. OK, can't tahnk You enough. Great stuff. All these years and didn't know 'bout this Hawthorne berry.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Update my BP most of the day and the last few days has been right around 120/80 or just a bit lower. I wanted to thank everyone who answered me I do take the Hawthorne berry and have taken in all the advice. This is why I joined this bored and I'm very glad and thankful for the guys on here. This is something I don't want to play around with thanks again!!!

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I'm 43 and doc has me on a diuretic that puts me 116/69 from 140/85

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
What does he have you on if you don't mind me asking? It's seems yours might work a touch better.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Some people swear by Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Couple tablespoons a day. Tastes nasty but then again so does a shot of jager.

For high blood pressure? I know drinking 1oz with a meal, any vinegar, will increase insulin sensitivity by ~60%.

Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg

HCTZ works, but i'd avoid meds for high blood pressure at all costs. See if you can't change it with diet and cardio before messing with HCTZ. I use 2-3 25mg tabs to dry out for a show.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
For high blood pressure? I know drinking 1oz with a meal, any vinegar, will increase insulin sensitivity by ~60%.

Know it helps but did not know it was that effective for *insulin sensitivity/blood-sugar* I use it in the mornings with breakfast.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I started using this and it WORKS!!! Chemistry with endosystem had an energetically good response. No roller coaster ride. Sleep is solid. Thanks Axemurderer. so let's star that one. OK, can't tahnk You enough. Great stuff. All these years and didn't know 'bout this Hawthorne berry.

Hawthorne is good stuff, used it last year and definitely helps with BP.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Know it helps but did not know it was that effective for *insulin sensitivity/blood-sugar* I use it in the mornings with breakfast.

From what i've read it is. I try to get 2-1oz servings per day. Since I use slin multipal times a day, 4-5 days per week, I need it w/ metformin to prevent type 2.

This is the first article that popped up on google. I read the ~60% on another article.
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/1/281.full

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic