Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Healthy eating alone for fat loss

Murica

Murica

Aug 2, 2013
Hey, that's my quote! lol That's a line I like using as well.

America-Thumbs-Up.jpg

Glad to see we're on the same page.

chiseledchap

chiseledchap

Jan 15, 2014
It still baffles me that some people don't count macros and calories but use AAS and work out. It's been such an inherent part of my life for the past near decade, I guess that's why. As soon as I looked at that bowl I thought close to 1k calories cause I knew it was granola. I love that shit mmm mmm!

It isn't as hard as people think, after a while you simply know how much of what your eating and what it equates to in macronutrients and calories from eating it so often. Never even when I was first starting out, did i think the whole "just eat clean" mantra was a well thought out one lol

then again, it's probably from being a fat kid growing up 8)

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Eating healthy and fat loss are not synonymous terms.

This is exactly what I was going to say. You can't eat cereal or dairy if you are trying to get really lean. I don't even eat fruit if I'm dieting. A small apple has like 20g of sugar.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
This is exactly what I was going to say. You can't eat cereal or dairy if you are trying to get really lean. I don't even eat fruit if I'm dieting. A small apple has like 20g of sugar.

Where did you get the idea that you can't eat cereal and dairy if you want to get really lean? Apple is pretty low calorie, and has fiber, so I would say it's a great thing to eat on a diet as well.

I think the message I was trying to make was missed. It's not WHAT you eat, it's how much.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Where did you get the idea that you can't eat cereal and dairy if you want to get really lean? Apple is pretty low calorie, and has fiber, so I would say it's a great thing to eat on a diet as well.

I think the message I was trying to make was missed. It's not WHAT you eat, it's how much.

So I can still eat my beloved Bowl of Reeses puffs but the bowl can't be big enough to fit the whole box?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
So I can still eat my beloved Bowl of Reeses puffs but the bowl can't be big enough to fit the whole box?

Well, that depends. How many carbs and fats do you have to fill for the day? lol

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Good post.

While cereal and pasta might not show that many calories per serving, the serving size is really small.
Its in stark contrast to what most people actually eat.

I asked my wife to fill her bowl with what she thought was a serving of whole wheat pasta then I measured it on a scale. She was 3 times over.
It wasnt much in the bowl and the bowl itself was large. Its really easy to over serve yourself on those products and with large bowls.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Good post.

While cereal and pasta might not show that many calories per serving, the serving size is really small.
Its in stark contrast to what most people actually eat.

I asked my wife to fill her bowl with what she thought was a serving of whole wheat pasta then I measured it on a scale. She was 3 times over.
It wasnt much in the bowl and the bowl itself was large. Its really easy to over serve yourself on those products and with large bowls.

Another great example. Pasta is extremely calorie dense as well. This is why, when someone tells me they "eye ball their diet", I wonder how good they really are. SOME people can eye ball serving sizes, but only after they have been measuring things out for at least a year or about that. Anyone eye balling their measurements otherwise, I would question how lean they really are or how lean they are trying to get. Eye balling will only get you so far before you really need to crack down and actually measure.

chiseledchap

chiseledchap

Jan 15, 2014
Granola is the worst !

Blasphemy!

LOL, and what is this eating clean? You can eat fast food and candy literally every single day on a 'cut' and still get leaner. What is wrong with sugar? It's no different than oats or sweet potatoes, I promise. Every type of CHO you ingest is broken down into glucose in the end. It's the only thing the brain can run on. Fats and proteins even each have a metabolic pathway in which they're broken down into glucose if need be; fats = ketogenesis, proteins = gluconeogenesis. Obviously eating carbs is the most efficient way of providing your body with glucose, but the only thing directly affected in the grand scheme of your physique's appearance by choosing those delicious sour gummy worms over the sweet potato is your satiation level. Even the water amount 'stored' with the CHO isn't arbitrary, it's the same amount per every gram of CHO eaten despite the form of cho ingested.

Shortz is 110% spot on!

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
What is wrong with sugar? It's no different than oats or sweet potatoes, I promise.

The insulin spike it causes is what's wrong with it. Are you saying that 20g of carbs from oatmeal vs 20g of carbs from Fruity Pebbles will give you the same effect on your physique?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic